JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.11.2016, 04:12
Black Hole

Default Plugin update notification?

Maybe I'm missing something, but most plugins are updated automatically, silently. However, I've found that in order to get the plugin updates to function, I have to restart JD. It would be nice if there was some easy way to know that plugin updates had occurred so that I could cycle JD manually to reload the plugins. Sort of like how Core updates cause the update icon to blink. Different animal, but it seems that either case require a restart.

Unless I actually have some sort of bug happening that the plugin updates only happen on restart, when they should update and function with no intervention on my part. I'm not sure.
Old 22.11.2016, 09:37
JD Manager

Plugin updates don't need a restart UNLESS there are pending core updates waiting for installation. In that case they will be installed on next exit/start of JDownloader.
Without a pending core update, the plugins will be updated in background and newer version will be used automatically.
Old 22.11.2016, 09:37
JD Manager

You can disable the *blinking* if it disturbs you. In Settings-Advanced Settings, search for blinking
Old 22.11.2016, 10:40
Black Hole

The blinking doesn't disturb me, it's how I know a core update happened and I can plan a restart. Usually can't do it right away because as chance would have it the updates always show up when I'm in the middle of a multi-hour, non-resumeable download with no faster mirrors.

So I shouldn't have to restart unless a core update happened? I had an issue yesterday that raztoki fixed with the filejoker plugin. He fixed it, it was set to solved, but I still had the problem until I restarted JD almost 15 hours after the plugin was fixed. No core update happened between my finding the bug and restarting, nor after. Unless I misunderstand what a core update is.

I looked in the plugins folder and the filejoker plugin was updated at 2:48AM 11/21/2016 on my system, overnight and just a few hours after I logged the ticket. The problem was still happening at 1:00 PM, I checked and saw the ticket was set to solved, so I cycled JD at 5:35PM (nearly 15 hours later) to make the problem disappear. Which it did.

That's been my experience with every plugin fix when I've run across a problem- it gets set to Solved, problem still happens until I cycle JD, then it's usually fixed. I have the option for silent updates set to enabled. It's not really a big deal as I have to cycle JD every couple days anyway to flush the memory because it gets unreasonably slow after about 36-48 hours. Right now I just check the board to watch when the tickets get fixed so I can set a stop mark and plan a restart. When a core update happens, at least I get the notification right on the UI.
Old 22.11.2016, 11:25
JD Manager

Sometimes developers set a thread to solved before the actual bugfix lands in source repository. It is also likely that another core update was pending release and then plugin updates are also pending release.
You should not have to restart JDownloader to *flush* memory. What is the max memory that is shown in About Dialog in JDownloader?
Old 22.11.2016, 23:55
Black Hole

You mean the memory size listed under the Java version? Right now it shows 1.72GB, but there was a core update I ran less than 30 minutes ago so it's pretty "clean". It'll go up into the 2.5GB range after a few hours- depends on how much moving of links I do, as I throw finished links into different packages and collapse them to keep the list manageable as it's currently at over 229,000 links. I think the problem is with the UI, it eventually goes to 100% CPU (well, 50% since it's maxing one core) any time I have the UI open, and drops significantly when I minimize it. It makes it almost impossible to drag links up/down when scrolling is required, taking almost a second per line. Bubble notify comes up slow and takes forever to close, add links slow down, everything just gets slow, but it takes time for this to happen- usually at LEAST 24 hours before it gets noticeable. Right now it's blazing fast, as it always is after a restart. I was told it could actually be a video driver issue more than a memory issue, but clearing the memory does solve it.
Old 23.11.2016, 14:15
JD Manager

Can you please provide a screenshot of the About Dialog? The 3 memory numbers are important to know.
Does CPU usage reduce when you switch to linkgrabber or settings table.
That high CPU usage I can only explain when JDownloader runs nearly at full memory and spends most time in memory management.
For many links you should increase max memory. Open the .vmoptions file in your JDownloader folder and edit with notepad
And add/replace -Xmx line with
-Xmx3g
(for max 3GB Ram) or
-Xmx4g
(for max 4GB Ram)

Memory usage highly depends on what links you have in list and of course the number of them.
Old 24.11.2016, 08:05
Black Hole

It says:

1.42GB/1.53GB/1.72GB at 2030 Task Manager 1.88GB
886MB/1.36GB/1.72GB at 2105 Task Manager: 1.96GB
1.26GB/1.78GB/1.78GB at 2203 Task Manager: 2.09 GB

It gets slow when the memory use in Task manager reaches around 2.5GB. I know it got really bad about 9 months ago, so I changed the memory in the computer from 4 to 8GB, but that's the max the system will take.

CPU usage does drop dramatically switching to Linkgrabber or Settings tabs- JD uses about 15-20% CPU right now in the Downloads tab, 5-8% in the Linkgrabber or Settings tab. Goes right back up when going back to the downloads tab. But that's actually still usable. Not sure what it does when the system gets really slow.

There's something that grows over time, since cycling JD itself makes it responsive- no other changes to the list. Something gets cleaned up on cycle.
Old 24.11.2016, 10:29
JD Manager

Looks like firewall/av/driver memleak. Java can use max 1.78GB and yet overall memory consumption is rising. What is the overall memory usage of system over time? watch swap usage.

What kind of links do you have in list? what hoster?
That high CPU usage in downloadlist is not normal. I can offer you a teamviewer session so we check this out together if you like
Old 24.11.2016, 13:50
Black Hole

As of 0250 mem use:

902.7MB/1.83GB/1.83GB with Task manager showing 2.26GB. CPU use: bouncing between 20% and 65% on the JD process alone when in the download list, switch to Linkgrabber and the CPU use drops to 2% almost instantly.

Interestingly, if I close the Download Overview pane, CPU use of the JD process gets cut by 2/3rds- almost as much as going to a different tab. It is definitely related to "refreshing" data- moving counters, the speed scroll on top, the timers in the list, heck even the blinking update icon causes CPU spikes.

Overall memory usage is fairly constant- about 5.75GB right now. I can keep the system running for months at at time, though it was rebooted 4 days ago for updates. Right now it's not using the page file (swap memory) at all, perfmon reports under 2% usage with no swapping. It probably would get into the page file once JD memory got high enough, but it's not there yet.

I have a sneaky suspicion the problem may lie with the video driver. This isn't the only application that has had issues with it. I doubt it's AV related as I've added/removed/changed AV software and the problem neither got worse or better.

Links are a huge mix of all the "normal" filelockers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	taskman.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	7341

The screenshot above, the high CPU spikes are when I have the downloads tab active. The low CPU usage is when I have the linkgrabber tab active. It does spike a bit when captcha windows pop up, as well, but those big spikes there? That's 2 downloads running. The prior spike was one download running. And this is with the system behaving well- if I could get it into where it's REALLY slow, the graph would be pegged at 100% for tens of seconds at a time. But it has to be running for over a day to get in that state.
Old 24.11.2016, 14:14
JD Manager

What graphic driver is it? Without hardware acceleration gui drawing will require more cpu, so driver issue can really be the cause.
You could install JAVA JDK and then use jvisualvm to connect to your JDownloader and check if there is anything unusual going on. I can help via Teamviewer if you like
Old 24.11.2016, 22:32
Black Hole

It's Nvidia onboard video- GeForce 7025, not exactly high end, since I don't do gaming. Driver is dated Jan 2015, haven't found anything newer. I might be able to get a "newer" or at least more powerful card from my brother since he is a heavy gamer, and changes his stuff fairly often.
Old 25.11.2016, 10:23
JD Manager

In case it is a driver caused issue then I suggest to hide/switch to another tab while downloading to reduce cpu usage. Is it original Windows Driver or did you install drivers fom Nvidia yourself?
Old 25.11.2016, 10:57
Black Hole

It's not the original Windows driver- I use Win7, installed 4/20/2011 (so yeah, over 5 1/2 years ago) and the video driver, showing nVidia as the publisher, has a build date of 1/30/2015. I believe I updated it then when I was having massive issues with Flash videos- and it did solve them.
Old 25.11.2016, 11:26
JD Manager

MAybe check another JDownloader installation with only 1 link, 2 links... and check if cpu usage is high as well. Maybe it is caused by some kind of bug we don't know of yet.