JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.03.2020, 21:37
JD Addict

Default jd activate itself

last jd updated was yesterday, and this has happened twice now.

while browsing on my fav browser, jd brought itself to top most windows and nothing else requested by jd.

typically jd send captcha solver to browser but this is the opposite. any ideas?
Old 21.03.2020, 02:37
English Supporter

nothing has changed on our front. there are multiple triggers that could be the cause.
settings > user interface > window management

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 26.03.2020, 12:00
JD Addict

Quote:
there are multiple triggers that could be the cause.
tested by by disabled eventscripter but problem still occur. twice when jd brought itself to the top while I was watching youtube I decided to select one of the fileName in linkgrabber to start download, as soon as I left clicked on a fileName and it automatically open in browser with url hxxp://uploaded.net/register. Didn't do anyhing else other than a left click.

now iam wondering if someone hacked into my jd and toying with me (: why am i getting all these weird bugs

Quote:
settings > user interface > window management
this is what i have for field [show new dialogs: behind all windows]

what should be the default choice?

unexpectedly you answered my old age question regarding to: Captcha is no longer load directly into default browser

Last edited by zreenmkr; 26.03.2020 at 12:02.
Old 26.03.2020, 12:17
Community Manager

@zreenmkr
You are using a heavily modified JDownloader at least based on your bugreports and feature requests.
I would always recommend you to have a 2nd JD ready for testing with default settings so you can at least compare if it is a general issue or is somehow related to your settings & modifications

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 26.03.2020, 14:37
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zreenmkr View Post
tested by by disabled eventscripter but problem still occur. twice when jd brought itself to the top while I was watching youtube I decided to select one of the fileName in linkgrabber to start download, as soon as I left clicked on a fileName and it automatically open in browser with url hxxp://uploaded.net/register. Didn't do anyhing else other than a left click.

now iam wondering if someone hacked into my jd and toying with me (: why am i getting all these weird bugs

this is what i have for field [show new dialogs: behind all windows]

what should be the default choice?

unexpectedly you answered my old age question regarding to: Captcha is no longer load directly into default browser
maybe you selected the ad banner in the program? thats the only way that url would open, or maybe buy function inside account manager or bottom bar

Old 27.03.2020, 22:32
JD Addict

Quote:
You are using a heavily modified JDownloader at least based on your bugreports and feature requests.
I would always recommend you to have a 2nd JD ready for testing with default settings so you can at least compare if it is a general issue or is somehow related to your settings & modifications
good idea! I don't think I have that many things modified, I was curious with jd at the beginning and did an overall step through to familiarized myself with the new app (:

Quote:
maybe you selected the ad banner in the program? thats the only way that url would open, or maybe buy function inside account manager or bottom bar
no, only happened twice when jd auto brought itself to the front and i click on jd filename row.

Please note, I'm still continue to experience jd window popup to the top 3-7tims a day while using other apps. (at least while i'm in front of the monitor to notice it)

I think I've narrowed down to packagizer. Tested while I was alseep. Had packagizer disabled with browser on top most window streaming youtube. Woke up 7hours later browser is still on top.

I immediately re-enableed packagizer then continue streaming youtube with the browser on top and got myself some breakfast. Came back with jd ontop about 30mins later. Don't know what in packager could trigger it. have a bunch of rules in there, i'll try again before by disable all the rules instead of the extension module
Old 22.04.2020, 05:30
JD Addict

just an update.

the issue where jd auto brought itself into focus or top most window while watching a movies on vlc or yt on the browser. the culprit is the NOT the 'packagizer' as I pointed out before. It's the 'Chat' tab (Tools > Chat) or (Settings > Enable 'Chat' extension module).

suggest fix: close that 'Chat' tab if not actively on it. Dont know why it triggers jd to focus. my guest auto disconnect/ and establish connection from the server maybe
Old 22.04.2020, 13:28
Community Manager

So this will happen when the chat extension is enabled and you are logged-in there?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 26.04.2020, 02:57
JD Addict

that is correct. one little detail, this seems to popup on many occasions when chat body display this text
Quote:
[11:47:28] Rename to UserName[XX|away
Just my UserName not others. It does not discriminate whether 'JD Support Chat' tab is active or not.
Old 26.04.2020, 11:18
JD Manager

Thanks. Whenever your nick is part of a message and the window is NOT active, JDownloader brings it to front. Eg someone is talking to you I will add setting to disable this behaviour
Old 26.04.2020, 11:21
JD Manager

After next update, go to Settings->Advanced Settings, search for nicktofront
Old 26.04.2020, 13:38
English Supporter

probably caused by the random generated username ? if random username is utilised, it should complete match before taking focus?

Old 28.04.2020, 04:15
JD Addict

Quote:
...Whenever your nick is part of a message and the window is NOT active, JDownloader brings it to front. Eg someone is talking to you...
cool, thanks. I don't mind it if jd brought itself to the top when new message came in (which it doesn't) but it would be nice

actually if the feature you described does exist it would be neat. A notification or chime/bell or a dialog popup when someone sent me a message. alot of time I would be talking to someone and went back to what I was doing but have no way of knowing if they sent a reply or not.
Old 28.04.2020, 16:55
JD Manager

The chat extension within JDownloader is a minimal client intended for fast help/support and no full blown IRC chat client as there are much better ones out there. I will fix the feature to ignore the *rename to away* message or come back messages