JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.02.2019, 16:16
Baby Loader

Default JDownloader2 failed on headless Ubuntu 16.04

I'm a long time JD2 user, with experienced installs working on Windows, Raspberry Pi, Linux, etc. I've recently reinstalled my Linux cloud machine from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04. On the 14.04 system, I had JD2 working with the instructions found at https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=71980. From my recollections, the instructions once had Java 7 (where they now show Java 8), and think that's the code base I had working on my 14.04 machine.

I've followed the instructions as they currently are stated and used openjdk-8-jre-headless as my current 16.04 Java install. Everything installed with no error. Got the JDownloader.jar file successfully and installed it in the .jdownloder directory.

After a long installation period, it times out and fails. Sometimes, it fails on "THREAD 16" and just hangs. The latest time I got this detail:
Code:
|---------------------------Headless Information-------------------------------
|       Exception Occured
|       An Error occured
|       Failed to install the update. Please try again later.
|       If this problem does not "solve itself" after a few hours, contact our support or reinstall JDownloader.
|       Stacktrace:
|       org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateException: Selftest took more than 5 minutes
|               at org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateClient.finishSelfUpdate(SelfUpdateClient.java:305)
|               at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runFinishSelfUpdate(UpdateManager.java:917)
|               at org.jdownloader.update.DefaultCallbackHandler.onResults(DefaultCallbackHandler.java:369)
|               at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runUpdateLoop(UpdateManager.java:1276)
|               at org.jdownloader.update.PendingUpdate.run(PendingUpdate.java:19)
|               at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$17.run(UpdateManager.java:1605)
|               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
|       Press Enter to continue
Killed
I've followed the directions here, by reacquiring the JD.jar file and multiple installation attempts, but with no success. Any help or direction greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D
Old 15.02.2019, 16:17
Baby Loader

Here's a copy of the "THREAD 16" lang, which is my current failed install hang.
Quote:
THREAD: 16
16|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 2/15/19 6:09:51 AM - SEVERE [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.update.DefaultCallbackHandler.handleException(DefaultCallbackHandler.java:171):
org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateException: Selftest took more than 5 minutes
at org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateClient.finishSelfUpdate(SelfUpdateClient.java:305)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runFinishSelfUpdate(UpdateManager.java:917)
at org.jdownloader.update.DefaultCallbackHandler.onResults(DefaultCallbackHandler.java:369)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runUpdateLoop(UpdateManager.java:1276)
at org.jdownloader.update.PendingUpdate.run(PendingUpdate.java:19)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$17.run(UpdateManager.java:1605)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Old 15.02.2019, 16:54
JD Manager

Something prevents JDownloader from updating
Did you already try to delete Core.jar and the folders update and tmp and logs
and. Also check permissions with
sudo chown -R user:group /pathtoJDownloaderfolder
(replace user and group with correct values)
java -jar JDownloader.jar
In case it still fails, please zip the logs folder and send to support@jdownloader.org
Old 15.02.2019, 17:10
Baby Loader

Not sure what you mean by "Core.jar", nor where that is located. I wiped out EVERYTHING in .jdownloader, except for JDownloader.jar for each reinstall try. Pretty sure it's not a permission issue, as I'm using 'root' too.

Sent the logs directory separately. Let me know if there's more information that might help.

Old 15.02.2019, 17:36
JD Manager

Let's continue via mail, okay?
Old 21.07.2022, 03:43
Baby Loader

Same problem three years later. Cannot connect to my JDownloader from MyJDownloader and can't tell if the program is even running. Solid performance for 3 years. Have upgraded multiple OS's and Java versions since then with 100% reliability. Until today. Last night, upgraded to new Java version v8 341 and it worked solidly. Today, I tried and JD wasn't present. Rebooted and same.

Currently running Debian 5.10.46-5 and Java jdk1.8.0_341. Read my old thread and deleted Core.jar for whatever that does. Nothing. Not sure how to even see details on what's going wrong, since it's done nothing but work for 3 years. Can zip tmp/logs upon request and send my startup script or do whatever debugging requested.

Old 21.07.2022, 05:57
Baby Loader

Hard power off after cleaning of the directory and seems to be up again on the restart. Sorry to disturb, but wasn't working for hours. Figured I'd give it one more shot since I saw no response, and somehow (with nothing other than various fine deletion) this restart is up and running again.

Thanks. Will post again if short-lived. :D
Old 21.07.2022, 14:12
JD Manager

@cavalli1021: Thanks for the followup and feedback!. Glad you could solve it by yourself