JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 30.05.2009, 04:05
Ryuuchi

Default Extreme computer lag

I'm a huge fan of Jdownloader, however recently, whenever downloading files, my computer has an extreme lag spike wherein it takes me about 2 minutes to switch windows, and which I can't seem to solve. I find that in Processes, java.exe has a mem usage spike up to 300k, and my available physical memory is extremely low (~1000), and the PF usage goes up to about 1.2gb.

Is this a problem with Jdownloader or Java? I checked my Java out, and it's the current version with no problems it seems.

On the previous jdownloader version, this lag spike only occured when downloading more than 5 files at the same time, but now even one link won't suffice....

Please advise!
Old 30.05.2009, 13:11
Botzi

Have you tried to reinstall java and are you using the newest version of java?
Old 30.05.2009, 16:10
Ryuuchi

Wow, that really solved it, never thought it could be solved by a simple re-installation...
Sorry for my incompetence,

Thanks so much! I don't know about these other guys but I'm loving the new version

EDIT: Goddamit, after I restarted my computer, the lag came back...

Last edited by Ryuuchi; 30.05.2009 at 16:37.
Old 30.05.2009, 17:48
jebise101

mines is at a 150k atm, dunno if that is the normal? what was it at with the old 0.4 builds?

i guess you can try this and see if it makes any difference

download the latest 917 build from the download area, DELETE the jd folder and i mean the actual folder and all content. Replace with the new 917 build re configure your settings and premium account. Dose that make any difference?

Last edited by jebise101; 30.05.2009 at 17:51.
Old 31.05.2009, 01:55
Ryuuchi

^Wouldn't just re-downloading it again have the same affect?...

And it still causes hell of lag for me
Old 31.05.2009, 05:19
max

I'm getting same/similar problem - jd 5.917 devouring processor cycles...

I find it only does this when the 'download' pane is displayed... if linkgrabber, config, addons or log pane is displayed there's no problem - processor load returns to normal. Open 'downloads' and it's maxed out to 100% and unresponsive.

It's the same on openJDK or Sun Java 6 JRE (both of which I've reinstalled).

OS is GNU/Linux 2.6.28-11-generic (Ubuntu 9.10) x86_64
Hardware is an AMD XP3000 with 2Gb RAM

JD 4.xxx (now 'broken') was fine. This is a clean install of 5.917.

I'm guessing if I can somehow reduce download status update frequency it will help??? decoration and extended effects are 'off'.

Also it's telling me 59 updates are available but refuses to update (either manually or automatically on startup, whatever options I set) - but I'm assuming that this is a serverload issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 31.05.2009, 07:57
jebise101

yeah mostly likely server load, i installed it for my cousin today took me 1 hour to get the updates
Old 01.06.2009, 14:53
Ryuuchi

I don't have any updates remaining though...
Old 01.06.2009, 21:39
major

I have a similar problem, the program is runnning extremely slow. Especially when I try to resize or move the window I have about 0,5 - 1 FPS.

My System is a AMD Dualcore @ 2x2GHz with 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, and the Java Updater tells me that there is no never version available (Java 6 Build 1.6.0_13-b03).

i already turned off the extended effects in the settings and was running Java.exe as a high priority task without any effect.
Old 02.06.2009, 04:51
wolframio

same here but just with jdownloader 5.917 run heavy like a rock (its take like 3 minutes for each click to react) in a centrino 1.5 GHz 128 ram xp sp2 and my X2 2.0 GHz with 2 RAM DDR 800 an win 7, btw automatic updates show jdownloader updates but no install or fetch them, regards!
Old 03.06.2009, 09:29
anzial

+1. I've already reported my experience with CPU-usage spikes with new JD
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...4&postcount=49
I think developers missed that. New JD contains a bug which causes it to consume much more CPU cycles than really needed. Not sure what's causing though, and switching to different panes as someone above suggests does NOT help.
Old 03.06.2009, 21:57
JD Manager

try to change style to the first one (non substance) which may help to reduce cpu usage ...but its not a problem for everyone (my jd , jaunty, nvidia, 32bit, 4gb ram) never is igher than 10% cpu and with 4,5k links and 10 running downloads is has 170mb)
but besides that we optimize much parts with every ongoing update...latest version for example should decrease memory consumption ...
Old 04.06.2009, 22:05
anzial

while it may be not a problem for you, it is still a problem. The old version did not do that and new one does so it's your programming and not our systems at fault. It's nice that you have reduced memory usage, and it would be even better if you would address the issue of CPU usage, as well because it's not very pleasant when a small program like JD consumes 50% of cpu cycles for no apparent reason. Again, it's limited to 5.xxx version and not 4.xxx one.

Edit: I think switching to windows style does help but I'm not sure yet. So it is the style issue - rendering the fancy scheme consumes too much cpu...

Edit2: yup, it's the styling issue. Switched to windows style and now jdownloader takes about 10 times less cpu cycles

Last edited by anzial; 05.06.2009 at 05:48.