JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 08.07.2012, 17:31
Fibre Channel User

Cool Information on Window Title (in taskbar)

I've spent at least 20 min. searching just now, but couldn't find a topic on the Beta forum that already covers this; my apologies if this has already been discussed...

The very first thing on my list of things I miss about the "Stable" version of jD is the ability to show the Download Speed on the "Window Title" in the taskbar.

Maybe it's available in jD2, but I really can't find it... :(

Of course, just like a few old topics (2010) on the English and Deutch Support, I would like to have better control of what to display as the title and also the syntax used, e.g.:
- Instead of having "JD AC: 4 DL: 4,58 MiB"
- I could possibly have "JD [4@4,58M]" or "JD: 4@4,58MiB"
- better yet, in the future, we could possibly also have the option to incorporate ETA's and Percentages,
like "JD: 4@4,58M (1h21m)" or "JD: 4@4,58M (39.2%)"

We could have some specific settings for the syntax, in the same manner we have for the jD Info Writer, e.g. the use of defined "variables" to build the desired syntax for the "Window Text" to be shown.

Maybe for future implementations you could grab some ideas from the Firefox Download Statusbar, which is very configurable and works flawlessly for every kind of user, no matter what kind of relevant information you want displayed:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...oad-statusbar/

I'm not saying to copy it, which would be very impractical, but there are definitely some very cool features that would be most welcome on jD2 (probably when you guys reach the point where you're working on interface improvements).

For now, if you guys could show me the way to display the same text as the Stable Version (when minimized) on jD2, I'll be quite happy.

Last edited by Jiaz; 09.07.2012 at 13:04.
Old 08.07.2012, 18:20
English Supporter

took me a while to find the ticket, but we have discussed making dynamic tags which you can call in display areas like the titlebar etc. Until that work has finished you have to use the infobar for stats/speeds of downloads

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 08.07.2012, 18:50
Fibre Channel User

Question infobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
took me a while to find the ticket, but we have discussed making dynamic tags which you can call in display areas like the titlebar etc. Until that work has finished you have to use the infobar for stats/speeds of downloads
Thanks for taking the time, Raztoki.

Makes much more sense now that I can see the whole process and why this feature is "on hold" until the other part is finished...

I understood what you said (I think), but just to be clear:
- the "infobar" is that "tooltip window" that pops up once we hover over jD2 taskbar ICON (not window) for more than two seconds (right?)

P.S.: If anyone else want to read the relevant (first) thread (that I couldn't find before), here it is:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37984
Old 09.07.2012, 13:04
JD Manager