JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.10.2013, 16:57
Fibre Channel User

Question (Re)Load (new) Captcha

I'll be the first to admit I did ask for this already "ages" ago...

...and I understood that it was quite difficult to modify/implement at that time, but I really think we could maybe discuss this again... since the program, the interface and also the "engine" behind it has changed so much; also along with all the changes in hosters and considering that captchas puzzles are becoming harder and harder to solve (specially the google captchas with those "organic" scanned letters).

Having said that, I do apologize for bringing this problem up again, and I need to emphasize that I really think this can be improved and the solution probably would be used by a great number of users. I'm wondering if on jD2 this would be easier to improve upon, since the program is more modular now (it looks like, I mean).

Consider this:

You're already downloading 5 files; you add another one to your queue and right-click it to begin downloading ("Force Download Start");

Suppose that for this particular hoster you don't have a premium account; it will prompt you for a captcha, which is fine.

The problem is that if it gives you an "impossible" captcha (you can't really tell whatever is written in the garbled image), apparently you have 3 options:
- you either enter a blank response (supposedly this would give you another image puzzle to solve)
- or you click the "Refresh" button (also supposedly this should give you another image)
- or you try to "guess" what is in the image anyway.
(skipping is not a "real option" because it won't dowload the content)

Neither of the options above work well with a great number of hosters, specially in situations like the one described above.

If you're NOT doing "automatic downloading" and that specific file isn't in the proper order in the download queue, if the captcha fails you just won't be given another try. You have to manually "Force Download Start" again and again and again...

The same is valid for the blank response or the "Refresh" button; you don't get another image, you still have to manually "Force Download Start"; and apart from the inconvenience, specially with a great number of files in the download queue, the problem is that some hosters "don't like" you giving them so many requests in a small time-line; you end up having to wait hours until you can try again (reseting the modem to get a new IP isn't an option, unfortunately)

I don't use captcha-traders, but I can only assume that would also be a big problem for people that do use them as well.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's my understanding that both the blank and the "Refresh" button options were supposed to work just like the "reload button" on the web browser?

After all it looks to me like that button is just a javascript function ( javascript:Recaptcha.reload() ) and, at least in the browser it gives you "unlimited" and immediate new image puzzles for you to solve.

All I'm asking is that we possibly make the "Refresh button" on jD2 captcha window behave exactly like the "reload button" on the web browser. I really wonder if that is a feasible option (maybe it's easier to implement now).

I don't really hate the captchas, I just wanna hit the reload button until I am able to read it properly... (my eyesight is not "perfect" as you can probably gess).

Many thanks and my apologies for such a "long" story...
Old 17.10.2013, 17:10
Spanish Supporter

Known bug.

Ticket:

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 17.10.2013, 17:57
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs up javascript Recaptcha.reload

Thank you very much for pointing me to the bugtracker; it's good to know some aspects of it are being taken care of. I confess I did forget to look there beforehand...

Just to be clear, I wasn't limiting the scope to the "forced download" option;

I mainly wondered if the javascript:Recaptcha.reload() function could be implemented inside jD2's captcha window (possibly assigned to the "Refresh button") for any type of download, whenever the captcha is required and the reload is supported.

Raztoki described it really well there on the bug tracker comment. I know it won't be as easy to implement as one might think, but I'm glad you guys are considering it.

Many thanks!
Old 19.10.2013, 13:49
Community Manager

I still don't get it.
Now we actually have a reload button and its still not enough to satisfy you.
We're not using the "recaptcha reload button" but it works fine so what's the point?

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 19.10.2013, 16:55
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Now we actually have a reload button and its still not enough to satisfy you.
Well... It's not really about "satisfying me", I hope you can understand that; It's about improving the program for the whole userbase (at least the ones that still regularly use some hosters as non-premium users). As a matter of fact, I am very much so satisfied with the program as it is, which is not to say it does not have room for improvement.

There should probably be a great many number of users that still have to deal with a lot of hosters using Recapcha; and, just like me, many of those users might be having a great deal of difficulty figuring out what's written in the image. I think anyone would agree that those images have been getting harder and harder each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
We're not using the "recaptcha reload button" but it works fine so what's the point?
Yes, exactly (you're not using and it does not work fine most of the time - only under very specific situations = automatic downloading/file next in the queue/hoster without limitations for requests in a time-window). Because you're not implementing the reload for Recaptcha and actually starting the request all over again, we loose our slot in the download queue and as a result sometimes have to wait a few hours before we can download again in some cases.

Even for hosters that do not have request limitations, the Recaptcha.reload function would save so much time in the whole download process that it would be enough to justify it's implementation.

The other point that you're probably failing to see is that the reload button doesn't really work for "Forced Downloads"; you have to select and right click all the downloads that have "failed" (because you couldn't figure out the captcha image) again and again and again until you figure it out correctly. The reload function in the "refresh button" would completely avoid this. I don't think you would need to implement this other than for the Recaptcha puzzles (the other ones are not so hard).

I do understand if the Recaptcha.reload() function is hard to implement or you guys reach the conclusion that this isn't a priority right now, but saying that there is no point is a whole other story...

Anyhow, I'm grateful that you guys are taking a look at the problem (even if doesn't get implemented in the end).
Old 19.10.2013, 16:59
Community Manager

It is so hard to implement because we have a system which we use and we cannot just change it
Anyways, the ticket will stay there

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?