JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 08.07.2009, 21:10
Herakles

Exclamation Javaw.exe and Java Problem

I downloaded jdownloader this morning and it works greatly. I downloaded files from rapidshare etc. However, 2 hours ago it stopped working. there is no opening screen, nothing at all. In the same time Java (in the control panel) stopped working. I can't access to the Java control panel.

There is also an interesting point. When I click on jdownloader.exe, in the task manager javaw.exe starts. ( I know it is jdownloader) Also when I click on jusched.exe, it starts in the task manager too.

What should I do? Thanks for your answers.:unsure:

P.S: I uninstalled java twice also once with your uninstaller 2008 (with registry clean) and I downloaded jdownloader twice.
Old 09.07.2009, 13:46
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
However, 2 hours ago it stopped working. there is no opening screen, nothing at all. In the same time Java (in the control panel) stopped working. I can't access to the Java control panel.

There is also an interesting point. When I click on jdownloader.exe, in the task manager javaw.exe starts. ( I know it is jdownloader) Also when I click on jusched.exe, it starts in the task manager too.

What should I do? Thanks for your answers.:unsure:

P.S: I uninstalled java twice also once with your uninstaller 2008 (with registry clean) and I downloaded jdownloader twice.
What I understand is that javaw.exe is running and you're sure it is jD, but there is no GUI.

Please, kill the javaw.exe process in your task manager and try to start jD again. If it doesn't work, it's probably your firewall blocking access to the Internet. In jD versions higher than 0.4. this is the most common problem.

Please, could you add java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list of your firewall.

If this doesn't work, please provide the following info :-

What's the version of your java runtime environment (JRE)?
What's your Operating System and its version?
Old 09.07.2009, 14:00
Herakles

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
What I understand is that javaw.exe is running and you're sure it is jD, but there is no GUI.

Please, kill the javaw.exe process in your task manager and try to start jD again. If it doesn't work, it's probably your firewall blocking access to the Internet. In jD versions higher than 0.4. this is the most common problem.

Please, could you add java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list of your firewall.

If this doesn't work, please provide the following info :-

What's the version of your java runtime environment (JRE)?
What's your Operating System and its version?

Yes you are correct and There is no gui :D and I am sure that javaw.exe is running in task manager.

JRE 6 update 14
Windows Xp SP3 version 5.1.2600

I use zonealarm pro 8 and I already allowed them.:outch:
Old 09.07.2009, 14:03
b|m

Try to start JDownloader from the command line. (start->run:cmd.exe, navigate to jd folder: cd \path\to\jd, java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar).

The output from the command line might help you to track down the error.