JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.01.2019, 00:41
wanttohelp

Default Wanting Max Connection to be 1, it has 2

I'm using latest JD2 on Windows 7 64bit.

I notice Twitch videos download a lot faster when only set to download one video at a time. Here's an example video you can use (getting chunked quality)

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

In my settings I have Max Chunks per Download, Max simultaneous downloads, and max simultaneous downloads per hosters all set to 1. But when I look at my download, max Connections are at 2 and frequently bounces between 2 and 1. I want to limit Max Connections to 1. How can I do that?

Download speed is 1/4 of what it could be because of this because of the way videos download from Twitch
Old 06.01.2019, 01:24
English Supporter

HLS downloads are small segmented parts, speed typically isn't wonderful because segment finishes downloading and has to fetch the next. You can set how many max sim dl per host as quick setting (global for all hosts), or more advanced setting you can use advanced setting > GeneralSettings.domainrules

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.01.2019, 22:56
wanttohelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
HLS downloads are small segmented parts, speed typically isn't wonderful because segment finishes downloading and has to fetch the next. You can set how many max sim dl per host as quick setting (global for all hosts), or more advanced setting you can use advanced setting > GeneralSettings.domainrules
All of my settings in quick settings are set to 1 and have been but it still makes 2 open connections when downloading things. Shouldn't this limit my connections to 1? That's why I filed the bug report.

What would I add to GeneralSettings for Twitch to limit it to 1? Should I replace it with this?

[ {
"domainPattern": ".*twitch\\.tv",
"filenamePattern": "\\.mp4$",
"accountPattern": "",
"pluginPattern": "Twitch",
"enabled": true,
"maxSimultanDownloads": 1,
"allowToExceedTheGlobalLimit": false
} ]

Not sure about filenamePattern (what format are they on the server, should the value be that or mp4 or something else), accountPattern (I don't have a twitch username), or pluginPattern (should it say Twitch, twitch.tv, null, something else?).

Also I don't know if this information helps, but Twitch downloads a few weeks ago were going at 1-2 megabytes per second, now they are going 150-400 kilobytes per second. My Internet speed has remained constant and is capable of downloading at 5 megabytes per second (Twitch has never maxed it out). I have not changed my Twitch usage nor my bandwidth usage in any way. I returned from holiday, fired up JD2, and Twitch downloads were suddenly agonizingly slow and am trying to figure out how to get them back to the same speed...