JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.03.2011, 15:48
puppinocbr

Nothing.. It's the same.. After 10-30mb, it stops download. In Browser go on even if it's slow. :(
Old 10.03.2011, 22:53
Polish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalkerX View Post
As long as this has lasted, I doubt it's a DDOS or something. They probably downgraded their capacity.
Filefactory did this a long while ago and survived, but it's the only one. Netload probably has a few months left.
So why it works with full speed and reliability for Premium users like me?
They have no profits from free users, so all the power goes to the Premium users - it is obvious.
Old 10.03.2011, 22:56
youngsta

Thanks for your patience and help i hope we can get a fix. I used to be able to put say 8 netload links in jd leave it overnight and by morning they'd all be done, now i go back in the morning and it's not even downloaded 1 file.

Edit: I'd just like to add that my problem has nothing at all to do with the speed of the downloads.
Old 11.03.2011, 09:53
WindWalkerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
So why it works with full speed and reliability for Premium users like me?
They have no profits from free users, so all the power goes to the Premium users - it is obvious.
It's obvious that they used to have greater capacity for free users and decided to gamble that turning the free service into garbage would increase premium members.
Their profit from free users, is them becoming paid users. When a service starts acting like this for free service, uploaders start getting complaints/flamed causing them to drop the host and forums start banning the host.
Once a site gets blacklisted, it doesn't get off the list(that I've ever seen).

They've downgraded free users to an unusable level.
It may have been their only option. But when other services have done it, they die soon after. Whether this is the beginning of the end or not, time will tell.
Old 11.03.2011, 13:38
puppinocbr

Quote:
It's obvious that they used to have greater capacity for free users and decided to gamble that turning the free service into garbage would increase premium members.
Their profit from free users, is them becoming paid users. When a service starts acting like this for free service, uploaders start getting complaints/flamed causing them to drop the host and forums start banning the host.
Once a site gets blacklisted, it doesn't get off the list(that I've ever seen).

They've downgraded free users to an unusable level.
It may have been their only option. But when other services have done it, they die soon after. Whether this is the beginning of the end or not, time will tell.
:thumbup::thumbup:
Extactly!!
:thumbup::thumbup:
Old 11.03.2011, 14:13
Polish Supporter

Quote:
LOL - If there's something for free NO ONE will force users to pay for this - that's the human nature.
The only way to force them to pay is to give them higher standard of their services - reliability and speed.
Do you think that so called BIG RELEASES (6-10 GB, 1GB parts) are there for free users? (with slow speed and possibility that hoster deletes them quickly).
Get real... most of them doesn't even allow free users download such files...
Old 11.03.2011, 20:43
bob_the_builder

hi,
the problem is still the same:

-the download in the browser finishes every time
-the download with JD always "stops" after a couple of MB
(non premium, read/connect timeout: 120000 ms, max. con./dls.: 1)

would be great if somebody could look into it again

thanks in advance
Old 12.03.2011, 10:08
JD Manager

close jd and start jdupdate.jar and try again, i increased timeouts again
please also provide logfile then
Old 12.03.2011, 17:20
madeinlisboa

I confirm the same problem, only with Netload, in Portugal, whether I use jDownloader or a browser. It has been happening for some time. It sometimes stalls and restarts with very low speeds.
Old 12.03.2011, 17:38
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
close jd and start jdupdate.jar and try again, i increased timeouts again
please also provide logfile then
do this
Old 12.03.2011, 22:29
JD English Support (inactive)

Many sites have reduced the maximum download speed or increased delays for free users over the past few months. It is an attempt to increase the number of paying users.

Free users are a drag on a small company and only helpful to the company as an advertising strategy. If the company is too generous to free users, they will not convert to paying users.
Old 13.03.2011, 11:15
remi

Cool

If file hosts are generous to free loaders they can attract more free downloaders and uploaders. More loaders means they can lure more downloaders into paying for downloading, because there will always be a small percentage that succumbs.
Old 22.03.2011, 00:44
kitkit1795

After all these replies I see it's definitely a problem with netload and not jdownloader. You can change all the settings and do all the updates you want and it won't help. Netload has gone downhill for free users and won't be around much longer unless paid users keep them in business. I agree they must have downgraded their servers or something. Whatever the reason, good riddance netload.
Old 22.03.2011, 22:17
youngsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkit1795 View Post
After all these replies I see it's definitely a problem with netload and not jdownloader. You can change all the settings and do all the updates you want and it won't help. Netload has gone downhill for free users and won't be around much longer unless paid users keep them in business. I agree they must have downgraded their servers or something. Whatever the reason, good riddance netload.
Sorry but how do you work that one out? When we download with the browser THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS! We can download perfectly fine with browser from netload, the problems only occur using jd. I don't want to come across as an a-hole but people keep replying that "netload has cut their service for free users" please, please read properly. We can download fine from netload as free users just not with jd.
I apologise for my curtness but it's getting annoying.
Old 23.03.2011, 08:46
JD Manager

try to use the nightly and check if it helps there.
netload has server issues can that causes long readtimeouts, sometimes this read timeout can be too long for jd whereas the browser might have higher read timeout waiting times.
Old 23.03.2011, 16:54
youngsta

Thank you i will give it a try
Old 12.02.2012, 23:28
Porsche_fan

This is still a problem...browser doesn't prematurely terminate the file download but jd does. Tried several times using Netload in jd and then finally used firefox which worked perfectly the first time.

Share-online.biz has a similar problem although not as bad in jd. Not sure but I think the 120s maximum timeout needs to be adjusted so users can set it much higher if they want. Maybe set default at 120s but allow users to adjust to 360s if the want.
Old 13.02.2012, 10:00
JD Manager

timeouts longer than 30 secs is nearly the max and we already use 100 secs. most webservers will kill the connection even faster than 30 secs.
if it works in browser but does not work in jd, then it's caused by something else
Old 17.02.2012, 05:54
Porsche_fan

@drbits...for the most part users in this thread aren't referring to the actual download speeds other than maybe it contributes to the real problem...dropped connections.

They are pointing out that browsers are able to download the file without losing connection with the host whereas jd losses the connection or disconnects time after time after time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
timeouts longer than 30 secs is nearly the max and we already use 100 secs. most webservers will kill the connection even faster than 30 secs.
if it works in browser but does not work in jd, then it's caused by something else
I am sure you are correct Jiaz but it looks like it is a timeout issue and that it isn't long enough. I have seen, at least in FireFox, that the download will stall for well over 120s and then resume again. Is there a potential problem with setting the default timeout to be 100s but allowing the user to increase it to 360s if the so choose?

If it is a flaw within jd, is this something that can be looked into because timeouts and dropped connections are happening a lot more lately since hosts have throttled back connection speeds over the last 3 weeks?
Old 17.02.2012, 13:07
JD Manager

you can increase the timeouts in your settings
a timeout of more than 100s can work but can also be problematic with old stable version as it contains some bugs where stalled connections can freeze the gui (fixed with next major update)
Old 20.02.2012, 16:47
Dexter_prog

Is anyone being able to download at least slowly with netload? Since megauplaod went down, netload downloads go at 500 b/s (BITS, yes) or 3kb/s top, which is beyond slow.
Old 20.02.2012, 17:50
Polish Supporter

This is the politics of most of the hosting services.
Slow/very slow speed for free users, bandwidth is reserved for Premium users.
You shouldn't be surprised.
Old 20.02.2012, 17:59
Dexter_prog

I'm used to 30kb/s, but b/s is insane, haha. I thought I was the only one.
Old 25.02.2012, 10:37
Fo4RaX

Netload is the WORST host I've ever seen, I don't understand why ANYONE would want to use that [censored] service!
I need to get 4 links from them, no reason to buy a premium just for 4 links.
JD been "downloading" all night (~8hrs), I wake up and what do I see? Downloaded 32MB.. WTF! Speeds are like 1KB/s to a MAX. of 60KB/s, 99% it's at only 1KB/s, then loses connection, wait an hour or so to then start from 0.
Simply put: I can not download any file from netload.
I think it's a German company and their servers are located in DE as well? I'm in one of the neighbouring countries! It's like I'm being routed to the USA, then to China, to the North pole and then to my country.
Pfff. I will NEVER buy premium with them, wouldn't trust them a bit. I'd suggest anyone that uses it to stop doing so and look at other hosts.
Atleast FileServe gives me 250KB/s or more which is still pretty good.
btw: JD is set to 1 con., speed unlimited.

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 25.02.2012 at 11:16.
Old 25.02.2012, 14:05
Polish Supporter

Slow speed is NOT jD problem! Read again my post #63.
Go to the nearest car dealer and tell them that you want their best car for free - they will laugh at your face and you'll be lucky if they do not kick you out of their shop.

I'm using jD with NL Premium for 2 years and can't complain about speed.
Old 25.02.2012, 14:35
Fo4RaX

I never said it's JD's problem

My internet connection is 20Mbit and usually I get very good speeds. Before RS capped their speed I got 4-6MB/s so the problem is definatly not with me.
With a premium I take it for granted to get good speed from a filelocker but if they annoy potential clients by doing some extreme capping then I say they're not very clever.
I don't ask them to give me premium speed, I ask them to at least let me download a file. Even if it is at slow speed.
After trying for 8hrs, I would atleast expect to have completed the file but instead it loses connection and starts all over again, basically wasting both their and my bandwith.
That's just silly.

If you had a business or was a programmer and you're using NL to distribute files but your clients can't even download them, how would you feel? (not that I'm a programmer or anything though). You wouldn't be able to force your clients to buy a premium with them just to download a single file, right?

For me it's simple: I never used NL up to now but never will in the future, period.
Now that I've had such bad service I wouldn't give them a dime in my life.

There are still tons of other hosters out there that do a good job. Yes, they do cap for free users which is pretty normal. But atleast they have stable connections (for free users).

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 25.02.2012 at 14:42.