JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.06.2010, 09:24
Super Loader

Default WARNING!! : jdownloader.com :: Virus, Malware

What is the difference between jdownloader.org and jdownloader.com? The size of the installers is different.
Thanks
Old 05.06.2010, 10:15
whizzler

.com looks like a fraud / imposter site. whois.domaintools.com says it is registered to the Illes Balears. Very suspicious.

The JD Team should warn us of this *beep* site. Meh :/
Old 05.06.2010, 13:20
Community Manager

JD.com is not ours and idon't know what comes with tzheir downloadable "jdownloader installer".
I wouldn't trust it, better use jdownloader.net or org.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.06.2010, 14:37
Super Loader

Thanks
Old 13.07.2010, 04:07
person

Default WARNING!! : jdownloader.com :: Virus, Malware :: No relation us

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** or jdownloader.org. I don't know which one to use but I picked the one that has a forum. I have heard of this program lots of times but I have some files that I need to download & I don't know where I should download the program jdownloader from the .org or the .com site because I don't know why there are 2 and which one is a scam site or is it or what? Please help.

Edit drbits: jdownloader.org is the JDownloader site. We are not related to jdownloader.com and do not know what they do.

Last edited by drbits; 25.07.2010 at 11:19.
Old 13.07.2010, 04:18
Community Manager

jdownloader.org is our original site

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 13.07.2010, 10:45
remi

In my browser all scripting is disabled by default. I get a white page and there's no html. I usually don't trust such sites.
Old 13.07.2010, 20:45
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
In my browser all scripting is disabled by default. I get a white page and there's no html. I usually don't trust such sites.
Are you referring to the .com site or this site (.org?) I still didn't get a clear answer why there is a .com & a .org other than this is the original site. Did the creator of this site make the .com site also? Also lots of things are disabled in my browser using the ad block plus. Many webpages show blank even though there is something there. If I disable ad block plus, the pages show. I don't think that everything that ad block plus blocks are ads because many ads it does not block. I usually right click then ad block plus block image then find which one suits me (setting). This helps when pages have long & lots of stuff on them taking forever for them to load but if you set it up correctly, pages won't show images/then load fast. Hope this helps and maybe someone can help answer my question why there is a .com & .org site. I will use this site though but its confusing for people when they just hear jdownloader and possible go to the (scam?) site instead. No telling whats on that site if this is the real site.
Old 13.07.2010, 22:16
JD Manager

Hi there.

The .org site is the ORiGinal site. JDownloader.org is home of jdownloader.
Unfortunatelly, someone registered the .com domain too fast.

We try to get back .com, but this is very very hard and expensive.

We advise you all, to download JDownloader from http://jdownloader.org
Old 14.07.2010, 10:37
Pressfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
We try to get back .com, but this is very very hard and expensive.
The owner of the name JDownloader should sue the asshole who registered the .com domain, he could even make some money by that. It shouldn't be hard, the case is very clear.
Old 14.07.2010, 10:59
remi

Cool

I've more info about this .com site.

Member nerto published a small manual called "copier au presse-papiers - jdownloader" in French in the French forum. It's a copy of one of the jD manuals on this jdownloader.com site. This .com site might be his site.

I think the person behind the .com site is Spanish but (s)he knows at least a little French and English as well.

The page "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** doesn't load in my browser, but the following pages load :-
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (French)
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Spanish)
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (English).
Old 14.07.2010, 13:07
Community Manager

Interesting what you guys found there...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2010, 14:50
remi

Cool

I would like to know why this guy is doing this if it isn't for getting money from jD.

@Coalado

What happens when someone opens a jD.eu, jD.de, jD.net or whatever jD.* site? This will be difficult to stop.
Old 14.07.2010, 16:25
JD Manager

if we dont have the domains first, then yes its hard to get them back...hard = time and cost expensive
Old 17.07.2010, 23:36
Pressfred

Quote:
if we dont have the domains first, then yes its hard to get them back...hard = time and cost expensive
Really? If there is not some other, older program with the same name or any other evidence providing a reason for him to legally own it, the guy who "stole" the .com domain should easily be sued with success.
As it seems that he didn't only "steal" the domain, but is also distributing a malware-infected version of JDL, and thereby causing heavy damage for the rightful owners, it shouldn't be that hard to get a court to send him some kind of injunction, a "cease and desist" letter or whatever (IANAL), ordering him to stop using the domain at once. As he is the obvious culprit, he will even have to pay JDL's laywer. Doesn't sound that time- or moneyconsuming, isn't it?

In Germany we have a minimum of legal advice for free (in my hometown it's provided by the local laywers at the district court once a week for some hours in the afternoon). Maybe whereever the owner of the rights to JDL lives, there is something similar, and someone can tell him. And asking the Free Software Foundation (FSF) if they want to support the case might be a good move, too

The most complicated part would IMO be sueing him for violating the GPL (I assume he doesn't distribute the source to his malware-parts along with the JDL source ).
Old 18.07.2010, 11:23
remi

Cool

How did you know that this guy is distributing a malware infected version of jD? Did you scan/try it?

Last edited by remi; 18.07.2010 at 11:25.
Old 19.07.2010, 05:46
nakomaru

I was curious, so I sent VirusTotal the file from jdownloader.com. Turns out it's clean as a whistle, so I'm really curious as to what this guy's intentions are. There aren't even any ads on his site..

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The virustotal id:
Code:
/analisis/fc314afa4be1f5d72a799094ff6764f2b8bbb5cdddb3ece9b257444840c171a9-1279506512

Last edited by nakomaru; 19.07.2010 at 05:50.
Old 19.07.2010, 08:26
pp4mnk

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakomaru View Post
I was curious, so I sent VirusTotal the file from jdownloader.com. Turns out it's clean as a whistle, so I'm really curious as to what this guy's intentions are. There aren't even any ads on his site..

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The virustotal id:
Code:
/analisis/fc314afa4be1f5d72a799094ff6764f2b8bbb5cdddb3ece9b257444840c171a9-1279506512
Hello everybody:

It could be possible that all of u are thinking about 'bad intentions' when it´s possible that this page web-master only wanna offer another way to download jdownloader (think about good intentions, not only bad ones)

have a nice day
Old 19.07.2010, 11:23
remi

Cool

Yes, indeed, we're only guessing and I'm not a lawyer.

The content of this site has been enriched with several new languages. I've the impression there must be more than one collaborator, because the translations haven't been done purely automatically.

New languages supported :-

"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (German)
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Italian)
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Dutch)
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Portuguese)
Old 19.07.2010, 17:40
RockinJD

ICANN isn't allowing domain name disputes without one of the authorized agency submitting the request. The cheapest I found was $400.00 and the most expensive was $1,500.00. It would appear that it is very hard an expensive these days to shut down any "similar" or copy sites. :(

----------

If you click on contact them, there are three options for subject:
I have not recieved the code.
Request for data access
Invalid Code.

------------

Server ip: 216.87.171.43
Also hosted on that server are:
juegosfox.com mcjuegos.com juegosfan.com

Interesting

RockinJD

Last edited by RockinJD; 19.07.2010 at 17:56.
Old 20.07.2010, 13:11
msrox

Quote:
Please provide some example links and a complete and detailed log.
thank for your quick reply. I figured out the problem. I first used the JD downloaded from this link:

http://jdownloader.org/download/index

It is some kind of portable JD. It could not automatically enter the captcha from megauploader, and I had to do it manually every time.

Then I found jdownloader.com and I installed the installer version of the JD and it is now working perfectly. I need to say thank you soooo much for this great application. It is really useful.

I appreciate if you can tell me what the problem was and what is the difference between the JD from jdownloader.org and jdownloader.com.

cheers
Old 20.07.2010, 13:49
remi

The .com is not the official site of jD. Why didn't you download the installer version of this official .org site?
Old 20.07.2010, 13:51
remi

It's getting more interesting by the day.

Please, read http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...&postcount=190.
Old 20.07.2010, 13:54
msrox

Quote:
The .com is not the official site of jD. Why didn't you download the installer version of this official .org site?
That's what I am doing right now. Thanks for your help.
Old 20.07.2010, 14:00
remi

Could you please tell us more about that .com jD? What's the version of that jD (Ctrl-F1 or ?-> About)?

It's better to use "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**" instead of this thread.
Old 20.07.2010, 14:54
JTB

Similar to the problem with dolphin-emulator.com and dolphin-emu.com (original)
[see forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-7883.html]
While the first one isn't the original one, it offers features the original doesn't ofter (e.g. downloads of the newest compiled SVN-version) and some tutorials / a wiki / videos.
Maybe jdownloader.com could collaborate with the JD team.
E.g. hosting builds (security issues?) or something

[note: Dolphin (NOT THE FILE-BROWSER FOR LINUX; also calles dolphin-emu) is an emulator that allows you to play Wii- and GameCube-games on a computer]

Last edited by JTB; 20.07.2010 at 14:57.
Old 20.07.2010, 15:53
msrox

Quote:
Could you please tell us more about that .com jD? What's the version of that jD (Ctrl-F1 or ?-> About)?

It's better to use "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**" instead of this thread.
Actually I just removed and installed the one from .org site. No it is not scam i my opinion.
Old 20.07.2010, 16:03
remi

Here are some other threads about the .com site :-

- JD.org vs JD.com

- Abzockseite: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**images/smilies/user/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" /> (old German thread; "Abzockseite" means "Rip off page")

It proves that the jD.com site is a concern, but the jD Team doesn't seem to care much or can't do much about it.
Old 20.07.2010, 16:35
Botzi

We wan't to do something against it, but we don't have the financial power.
Jdownloader.com is doing nothing illegal, they only wan't money for the download.
Old 20.07.2010, 17:48
RockinJD

Botzi, is jdownloader registered or trademarked in any country? If it is not, can whoever owns Appwork UG, register a ficticious or DBA (Doing business as) name of Jdownloader in the registry (I assume germany).

If jdownloader is registered or someone can register the DBA. I'll pay the $400.00 to ICANN so a dispute can be opened so that you guys can have the jdownloader.com domain name (or maybe someone official here can send the owner an email explaining that you'll open a dispute and win, and he can have the $400.00 for a simple transfer of the domain name).

RockinJD
Old 21.07.2010, 06:44
JD English Support (inactive)

I don't think either site is a scam. JDownloader.com distributes JDownloader, which then upgrades from JDownloader.org. It is just safer to get it here.

If they are not making any money and think they are providing a service, maybe a letter from one of the managers would settle the issue (plus the fees to transfer the domain name).

Last edited by drbits; 21.07.2010 at 06:50.
Old 21.07.2010, 14:04
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

I recently wrote an polite email, asking them to explain their aims and ambitions but I didn't receive an answer, yet.
But Jiaz told me that they are in contact with jdownloader.com, as Botzi explained.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 21.07.2010, 14:31
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakomaru View Post

The virustotal id:
Code:
So it's no virus/trojan but it could send your premium account login data to a database for example.

-------------------------------------------

Besucht meinen Entwicklerblog: mike-bonn.de
Old 21.07.2010, 14:35
Botzi

Yes we have contacted them and tried to get the domain, but with no success. All other solutions will cost a lot of money.
No Jdownloader is not trademarked.
Old 22.07.2010, 00:37
Vacuum Cleaner

If your interested jdownloader.com has a bad rep on the new WOT (mywot.com) rep portal, whilst you will be happy to know jdownloader.org / .net are good.

Last edited by Dissolute; 22.07.2010 at 00:38. Reason: typo correction!
Old 22.07.2010, 10:24
remi

According to the mywot.com site, the server is based in the US.

Does anybody know what those codes mean in the Subject of the Contact form? What are the data they refer to in the same Subject field?

I think this would be a good case for our detective rafi.
Old 22.07.2010, 13:56
JD English Support (inactive)

May I close the thread now? Just answer if you object.
Old 22.07.2010, 13:58
Community Manager

You can leave it open till the spammrs find it:w00t:

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 22.07.2010, 15:11
remi

@drbits

Whenever you close a thread another will be created. The new thread will cause confusion and duplication if it's not merged with the main thread.
Old 24.07.2010, 20:34
Vacuum Cleaner

The guy that posted in the locked one ( the malware thread) has got jdownloder.org put as a malware spreading site on hphosts btw **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** you might want to email them to get the site removed off the list. Likewise now on WOT hphosts listing has effected your rating as the only negative one so far.