JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.01.2022, 23:10
JD Beta

Lightbulb [Feature Request] Auto-restarting failed/erroneous downloads

I run thousands of downloads. I get up from my computer, sometimes I go sleep, get back hours later (or sometimes a few days) to see errors.

I understand that not all errors are the same, but I propose adding a feature to auto-restart downloads that had the "Try Restarting This Link" Error.

Maybe you could add an option for multiple types of errors. For example, allow the users to auto-restart the downloads for X type of error, or Y type of error, but not both (or both).

My personal preference is, instead of stopping the downloads after trying all of them, JD could go back to the ones that failed and restart them, and go down the list again and again until they're all downloaded (no need to stop at all), instead of stopping downloads when there are still some items that haven't been downloaded because of errors.

An even more advanced feature would be if the users could mark an item as "do not restart" for example. So if there was an error, JD wouldn't try to restart.
Old 17.01.2022, 17:10
Community Manager

Hi,
the error you're getting should never happen thus there is no auto-retry.
Please post a log so we can add proper handling for whichever serverside error-case was not detected here.

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.01.2022, 23:56
JD Beta

Hello there

The error I'm getting is the same one discussed on this post, which I elaborated further on.

My particular error is caused by server-side limitation, which would make the feature I'm suggesting very useful, because JD can't know whether I've reached the limit or not. In my particular example, I'm using AdultTime.com, right? They say that the daily cap is 300GB
Spoiler:

But the thing is, it fluctuates. I've had days where I've downloaded 1TB, some days 200GB, some days 400GB, etc. So it's not steady.

I would've proposed that you'd set a limit on the plugin, but like I said, it might not be accurate, but also it might prevent the users from downloading the extra capacity that they're allowed (if that makes sense).

So I'd still kindly suggest that this feature would be considered. I still think it's useful. I mentioned in the other thread that it would have the same mechanism as a music or video playlist, where you set the retries to either be for the entire download list (i.e. if a download failed, it would move to the next item in the list, but then come back later after it's done with everything to try again), or let JD keep retrying on the same download until it's successfully completed before moving on to the next one.
Spoiler:
Old 18.01.2022, 00:23
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyeur View Post
The error I'm getting is the same one discussed on this post, which I elaborated further on.
Wrong.
The errormessage is the same but the cause is definitely a different one.
The website you're downloading from in the screenshots here is not adulttime.com.
Again I'd need example URLs and a log to be able to help.

Quote:
My particular error is caused by server-side limitation, which would make the feature I'm suggesting very useful, because JD can't know whether I've reached the limit or not.
Wrong.
JD can know this status based on the websites' html response though this part is either broken for our plugin of this host or has never been implemented.

Quote:
I would've proposed that you'd set a limit on the plugin, but like I said, it might not be accurate, but also it might prevent the users from downloading the extra capacity that they're allowed (if that makes sense).
So I'd still kindly suggest that this feature would be considered. I still think it's useful.
Doesn't make sense, see the upper part of this reply.
If you want to do this anyways, you could write a custom EventScripter script that does this though.

Quote:
I mentioned in the other thread that it would have the same mechanism as a music or video playlist, where you set the retries to either be for the entire download list (i.e. if a download failed, it would move to the next item in the list, but then come back later after it's done with everything to try again), or let JD keep retrying on the same download until it's successfully completed before moving on to the next one.
No this defeats the purpose of our current sysytem and it shouldn't be needed.
As explained above all we have to do is to update the plugin so that our upper handling can work as designed e.g. display a waittime on all URLs of host XY if plugin says "limit reached for current IP".

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.01.2022, 02:52
JD Beta

Here's the same screenshot I sent you, but unblurred.
Spoiler:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Here's the raw text of all the download URLs (copied from JD) that were successfully downloaded - (3389 Links)

Here are 10 successfully downloaded links if you don't want to visit the link above:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Here's a raw text to all the links that failed to download - (5896 Links)

Here's a sample of the failed downloads (10 links):

Here's an image of the 10 downloads failing (re-added them to recreate the problem)
Spoiler:

Here's the log of the 10 downloads (the links above) failing (recreated as well)
Spoiler:
18.01.22 03.30.04 <--> 18.01.22 03.32.30 jdlog://6293925302851/

Here's a log of recreating the problem with 100 (different) links
Spoiler:
18.01.22 03.35.09 <--> 18.01.22 03.52.30 jdlog://7293925302851/

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Here are the 100 links in raw text

Here's an image of the 100 link trial
Spoiler:

As for the part about JD not detecting limits - I only assumed that because it hasn't warned me that I have reached the limit. I am aware that it does work on other plugins, but did not expect it to be functional (currently at least) on AdultTime.

Moreover, the limit to AdultTime can change, as in some days it allows me more bandwidth than other days. Maybe it is actually a fixed unfluctuating bandwidth, I'm not sure, but I did eventually somehow get more downloads (over 300GB) than I should in some days. -- That's all I personally observed and understood, but I'm not certain that I'm interpreting it correctly.
Old 18.01.2022, 15:46
Community Manager

Quote:
Here's the same screenshot I sent you, but unblurred.
Oh I'm sorry I mistakenly took the icon of your video files as the host icon.
As this thread is also about adulttime.com, the same answer as I've already given you in your other thread applies:
The issue will be fixed with the next set of CORE-updates.

Quote:
I am aware that it does work on other plugins, but did not expect it to be functional (currently at least) on AdultTime.
Sure it does - many other websites also have download limits and our plugins will try to detect them and handle them properly.

Quote:
Moreover, the limit to AdultTime can change, as in some days it allows me more bandwidth than other days.
That doesn't matter as long as the errormessage that their website returns in this case is always the same.

Quote:
Maybe it is actually a fixed unfluctuating bandwidth
It's up to you to find this out but whether or not you find out anything is irrelevant for the development of our adulttime.com plugin:
It will simply download until it "sees" a limit message.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 25.02.2022, 17:08
Community Manager

CORE-Updates have been released!
Please update your JDownloader and report any issues you find asap.

CCORE-Updates wurden released!
Bitte JDownloader updaten und eventuelle Bugs schnellstmöglich an uns melden.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 28.02.2022, 15:03
Community Manager

Fyi:

Fixed login issues with this website.

Bitte auf das nächste CORE-Update warten!

Please wait for the next CORE-Update!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: