JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.08.2020, 20:43
Baby Loader

Default Problems reconnecting with TP-Link Archer 5 AC1200

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to change my sticky IP address. I have a basic Windows PC and Spectrum ISP in the USA, nothing special or unusual here.

Things I have tried:

1) JDownloader reconnect wizard failed
2) Manually logging into router settings and release/renew failed
3) Closest user script for the Archer 7 AC 1750 failed (assuming I installed it correctly?? I copy/pasted the script into the "external batch script" window and left the default cmd interpreter and clicked "test")
4) Technitium MAC Address Changer seems to have successfully changed my MAC address, but then my IP address is still the same even after trying to release/renew it again in the router settings.

Is there anything else I can try or is this just a pointless effort?
Old 24.08.2020, 14:50
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nok32 View Post
Is there anything else I can try or is this just a pointless effort?
You started your tests at the "wrong side".

First you should find out whether or not it is possible to change your IP at all.
Unplug your router and plug it in again --> Has your IP changed?

Manually change the mac-address of your router and check if your IP has changed --> Seems like you've already done that and it hasn't changed (?)

In the end you will either have to ask your ISP to allow changing your IP or you will have to rely on proxies/VPNs if changing your IP is not possible at all ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.08.2020, 18:32
Baby Loader

Yes, I first tried manually resetting the router but it didn't work. This is why I stated that it is a "sticky" IP address.

Some further observations/developments:

I just realized that Technitium software does not seem to be able to affect the router WAN MAC address, which seems to be the important one, yes? I then noticed the "MAC Clone" option in my router settings. I tried to change the WAN address directly from here, using a randomly generated address, but it would not accept. Then I figured I could at least click the "MAC clone" button and see if it would accept my original PC MAC address. It did! I now have a different IP address! So I then re-opened JD and tried to start downloading from two different hosts that had previously been "traffic limit reached". One of them started! The other didn't, it still gave the same limit notice. How do they still know? Could this be due to cookies or something in JD I can fix?

That was my first success but it will be short-lived unless reverting back to the original address after another traffic limit occurs will be equally as effective. I thought of another work-around, which is to use Technitium to change my PC MAC address and then see if the router settings will let me clone this new MAC address through to the WAN address. I tried it and this actually worked for changing the WAN MAC address, but it did something weird for my IP address, which reverted back to the original one I had before I started trying to change it! That was surprising. Any ideas on why that happens? And does this mean I basically have two different essentially static IP addresses to work with?

If I call my ISP any tips on what to say/not to say or how to describe my problem with out angering them? Are they likely to help?

Last edited by nok32; 24.08.2020 at 18:43.
Old 24.08.2020, 18:41
Community Manager

Quote:
Yes, I first tried manually resetting the router but it didn't work. This is why I stated that it is a "sticky" IP address.

Some further observations:

I just realized that Technitium software does not seem to be able to affect the router WAN MAC address, which seems to be the important one, yes? I then noticed the "MAC Clone" option in my router settings. I tried to change the WAN address directly from here, using a randomly generated address, but it would not accept. Then I figured I could at least click the "MAC clone" button and see if it would accept my original PC MAC address. It did! I then re-opened JD and tried to start downloading from two different hosts that had previously been "traffic limit reached". One of them started! The other didn't, it still gave the same limit notice.
Question still remains - has your IP changed?
Just using JD to test this is not a good idea - especially because JD has an internal timer to save IP based limits and this only resets after re-starting JD or triggering a successful reconnect via script INSIDE JD.
You should do all of your tests outside JD.

Quote:
Could this be due to cookies?
No - very very rare case.
When testing outside JD, use different browser profiles and/or "private browsing" to make sure such websites do not recognize you based in cookies or browser fingerprinting.
Also, you do not even need to test via filehosts which blocked you before ... just save your current IP and check if it changed - use websites such as wieistmeineip.de to do this.

Quote:
That was my first success[...]
... or luck because you didn't seem to have checked if your IP has actually changed(?)
It might as well have changed randomly e.g. every X days ... though usually it either changes every 24 hours or "always" stays the same.
It could also simply be the limit of that host that is now not present on your old/current IP --> Luck

Quote:
[...]but it will be short-lived unless reverting back to the original address will be equally as effective. I thought of another work-around, which is to use Technitium to change my PC mac address and then see if it will then let me clone this address through to the WAN address. This actually worked, but then my IP address reverted back to the original one I had when I started trying to change it! That was surprising. Does this mean I basically have two different essentially static IP addresses to work with?
Your PCs Mac address should not affect the one your router has.

Quote:
If I call my ISP any tips on what to say/not to say or how to describe my problem with out angering them? Are they likely to help?
Sorry really no idea.

Again I would first starting doing your tests properly and not fiddling around with tools that may not work.
By this, I mean the following:
1. Get in touch with other customers of your ISP and owners of that router model and find our more info about IP changing in this situation.
2. Get the same/similar router model e.g. from a friend (save his config before), set it up so that it works with your internet connection --> Check if your IP has changed.
This ensures that you're actually testing with another mac address.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 25.08.2020, 05:23
Baby Loader

Quote:
It did! I now have a different IP address!
As I wrote above, yes ofc I verified for myself that I have a new IP address (give me some credit dude I haven't been misunderstanding anything or not following "properly" as you have suggested now twice). Tomorrow I will switch the PC cloned MAC address for the original router address and see what happens to the IP at that point, I kinda expect it will revert to the old one again. I looked for more details online about my ISP and it seems that the IP address leases can be vague and dependent on the area. I found a way to look at the lease using ipconfig but it is a little tedious and I feel probably just bad news at this point.

In any case, I have no idea how the one file host recognizes me (k2s) with this different IP unless I am traceable with cookies or some other thing I don't understand. I just set up a vpn (proton, free vers) and deleted all the cookies from firefox, readded the k2s link into JD and it still came up "Traffic limit reached". What?? Downloading successfully in Firefox though and actually about 4x faster (200kBs vs 50kBs) with the vpn lol.

Last edited by nok32; 25.08.2020 at 06:09.
Old 25.08.2020, 16:55
Community Manager

Quote:
As I wrote above, yes ofc I verified for myself that I have a new IP address (give me some credit dude I haven't been misunderstanding anything or not following "properly" as you have suggested now twice).
Sorry for that!

Quote:
In any case, I have no idea how the one file host recognizes me (k2s) with this different IP unless I am traceable with cookies or some other thing I don't understand. I just set up a vpn (proton, free vers) and deleted all the cookies from firefox, readded the k2s link into JD and it still came up "Traffic limit reached". What?? Downloading successfully in Firefox though and actually about 4x faster (200kBs vs 50kBs) with the vpn lol.
1. It could be different things - you could e.g. have a dual-stack lite connection meaning your outside IP is shared with others --> They might also download from k2s.

2. Regarding your k2s free speed:
No idea what you did but there is a small trick to get more speed:
Using a special Referer, this is possible for k2s.
Search our forum for "referer k2s", "referrer k2s" or similar to find out more about this.

I'm sorry but I'm really unable to help you ...
Do you have friends who are using the same ISP you do?

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 25.08.2020, 20:43
Baby Loader

Thanks. I guess I will just have to do more research! For now, I am just finishing the dls I had queued while using this vpn, which is working alright, but will probably take a few days. I have a couple friends using the same isp, but I doubt we have the same router. I found an online ipv6/4 test that claims to test for dual-stack somehow, I might try running that when I turn the vpn off and see if it clarifies anything. Do proxies work as well as a vpn? I am not familiar with their setup, but maybe a better long-term free solution (I think the proton vpn is only a week free trial).
Old 26.08.2020, 15:16
Community Manager

Quote:
Do proxies work as well as a vpn? I am not familiar with their setup, but maybe a better long-term free solution (I think the proton vpn is only a week free trial).
Always depends.

A lot of Internet services nowdays are trying to detect proxies/VPNs and will punish you when detected.
Possible side-effects:
- (Temporary) account bans
- Much harder to solve Google reCaptcha captchas
- More captchas in general
- Need to solve captchas although you're a premium user of service XY (e.g. nitroflare.com)

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: