JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 19.06.2011, 21:54
pelotudo

Default jdownloader starting issues

windows 7 x64

over the last month or so ive been having issues with jdownloader starting. when clicking the .exe/shortcut the windows working icon will pop up for a second then go idle; however, if i open jdownloader update first then hit cancel then jdownloader will open up fine. i.e.

click jdownloader.exe (nothing) >> click jdownloader update >> let updater load, click cancel (updater closes) >> jdownloader splash pops up and jdownloader opens fine.

i am pretty sure its a java issue as i updated my java and installed the java developer kit (newest version at the time, java 6 update 25 i believe) in order to SDK to my android. after that i believe the issues started. i have updated java to update26 now and uninstalled/reinstalled jdownloader but the problem is still present.

ive tried adding the shortcut fixes described in other threads with no avail, as well as running in compatibility mode and running as administrator.
Old 20.06.2011, 08:34
remi

Cool

Remove all your java and install the 32 bits version of JRE 1.6 update 21. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

If you installed jD in the program files path, then I would also move the jD program folder to a folder like c:\progs\ and check whether all protections are removed, also on the sub-folders.

If jD still doesn't run properly, please provide an Emergency Log.
Old 20.06.2011, 16:11
humano

something similar happened to me when updating java to 1.6.0_26-b03 32bits today , jd start but didn load the list of the things i downloaded so i downloaded build 1.6.0_24-b07 for x64 from java page and problem solved.