JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.02.2015, 18:12
Tornado

Default host priority listing

when JD2 groups file sets together, it doesn't have a way for me to automatically prioritize (or at least easily) which hosters are used in which order. It be nice if I could give priorities to different hosters to impact this choice instead of it being whatever order they are listed in (or whatever it chooses, which I'm a big confused about, I end up using enable/disable to force it to choose correctlty but that's a manual process)
Old 17.02.2015, 18:26
JD Manager

Use Packagizer to automatically assign priorities
Old 17.02.2015, 18:59
Tornado

It seems a way to do it, but not the most straightforward way (but does demonstrate the power of Packagizer). And a little confused by the "In Progress" designation if the solution is "Use Packagizer"?

The reason I say not straightforward is that 1) it only has the 4 or so priority levels (and sometimes I have many more than 4 hosters for a particular file and I download from many more than 4 hosters in general).

It be nice to have a virtual hoster priority behind the scenes. JD2 already knows within a package if its downloading file X from one hoster and the file is also listed from multiple other hosters to not download from them. Unsure how this would be implemented, but as I said, a thought.

most of these comments from me are trying to make jd2 the best app it can be, I can generally work around the issues so if you guys disagree that's your prerogative
Old 17.02.2015, 19:21
JD Manager

"In Progress" because maybe You need help with Packagizer or had something else in mind

So you wish a general Hoster Priority? You want it to be static or dynamic?
Global or Link/Package based?
Old 17.02.2015, 19:38
Tornado

personally I think a global hoster priority is enough. unsure what you mean by static/dynamic, but to me it only operate within an already existing package. i.e. if I have package A for hoster 1 and package B for hoster 2, and hoster 2 has higher priority than hoster 1, but package A is higher priority than B (say same priority level, just earlier in the queue), A/1 would be donwloaded first than B/2.

On the other hand, if I had a single package with the files both on hosters 1 and 2, it try to download from 2 before 1.
Old 18.02.2015, 01:58
English Supporter

JDownloader already process queue based on priority and then queue order, so effectively it can do [1-5] and a/b based on your package order in queue, assuming that everything belonging in package contains the same priorities. But it will still do higher priorities before lower priorities globally. Giving the package a priority outside of its DownloadLink' wouldn't help in my opinion, it would add another form of complexity that will confuse most people.

in response to not having enough priority modes, I thought we have an advanced option to expand to 10, though I must be wrong.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.02.2015, 09:40
JD Manager

I can add expert mode to have more priorities, yes that would be very simple solution
Old 18.02.2015, 09:41
JD Manager

eg +10 to -10
20 shoud be enoguh
Old 18.02.2015, 09:41
JD Manager