JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.06.2022, 17:58
Modem User

Default JDownloader headless

Hello,

First, many thanks to the JDowloader developer(s) for the work.
Second, sorry for my bad English, I go through google translate.

I was using JDownloader headless on an RPI with Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) headless.
I connected in ssh on the RPI then I started JD with the command java -jar JDownloader.jar and I accessed it through the web interface. It was great!

I made a new installation under Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye), installed java default-jdk, downloaded and launched JD with this method (as I had to do the first time it seems to me): **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** .jdownloader.org/Knowledgebase/Article/View/52/0/install-jdownloader-on-nas-and-embedded-devices

Everything works fine, but the problem is that I end up with a GUI now that opens after running the command java -jar JDownloader.jar, and if I close it I lose the connection with MyJDownloader.

I didn't have this behavior before and I would like to find it again or at least be able to close the window without completely stopping JDownloader.
I tried to put an old version of java (8) but it's the same.

If anyone has an idea ... I'm a taker.
Thanks in advance.
Old 25.06.2022, 19:49
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post
Everything works fine, but the problem is that I end up with a GUI now that opens after running the command java -jar JDownloader.jar, and if I close it I lose the connection with MyJDownloader.
This happens when you ssh session has valid X11 environment variable set/available and thus java will switch to GUI mode.
To manually disable GUI even if available, use
Quote:
java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar ...
Old 26.06.2022, 10:13
Modem User

Hello,

Effectively with this command I is not the GUI window.
I looked in the SSH settings and I have x11forwarding activated on the 2 configs.

By putting a headless version of java I could do without the -Djava.awt.headless=true parameter?
Old 26.06.2022, 10:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk View Post
By putting a headless version of java I could do without the -Djava.awt.headless=true parameter?
No. You should avoid headless version because it may be missing important packages that JDownloader might use. In a scenario/environment where you have X11 forwarded/available, just use the parameter.