JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.11.2021, 01:29
Wind Gust

Default Is there a "Drop Window" & webpage "Download Capture" ability?

So, I've never noticed anything like this with JD after all these years...

- What I mean by "Drop Window" is a small window in the corner like Internet Download Manager or Internet Download Accelerator has in which you can drag the link (or otherwise, sometimes buttons) to that window to add the download to Jdownloader.

- What I mean by "Download Capture" is when you click a link/download on the webpage, instead of the "Browser" capturing the download link, and it downloads with the browsers download tool, Jdownloader instead captures the link for download (the above downloaders also have this ability).

The reason these are useful is because sometimes downloads are "Buttons" or otherwise, so there's no actual "link" in which JDownloader can capture with "copy".

If Jdownloader is not able to do these two things would it be possible for these two Features to be added?

First... I understand we can drag and drop into Jdownloader itself, so maybe the drop window isn't actually needed? Though then maybe it IS in certain situations like buttons or otherwise that don't like to be dragged to "other" windows, but will if the windows above/within the same window? I don't know, never really done this, so maybe this is a "redundant" request, and drag and drop will always work?

Second... I would suspect it would be hard to add the "capture download" ability unless there is a "plugin" in the browser?
Fortunately, Jdownloader DOES have a plugin/extension for browsers, so couldn't the ability to capture downloads be added to that plugin? Or does it have the ability already, and I never noticed cause I don't use it, and thought it was just for "Remote" stuff only?

So... The reason all this came up and not before is I'm downloading a bunch of games and similar files that tend to be in "button" form, such as OneDrive or other situations with "Buttons" on websites etc. which cause the download to use the "browser's" downloader.
It's just been YEARS since I've had this issue/need, haven't used the above types of programs for years, having been using ONLY Jdownloader... I have for years gotten what I need from "links" on forums or pages etc.

Anyway, bottom line is I would LOVE it if Jdownloader downloaded "however" we needed it to, so we didn't have to use "other" programs for certain situations.

Thoughts...? Thanks

Last edited by leeuniverse; 28.11.2021 at 16:10.
Old 30.11.2021, 00:51
Community Manager

Hi,

1. That "drop window" feature is not planned.
EDIT
I totally forgot about this feature (probably because I never used it)... See the post below this one (thanks mgpai!).

2. Our myjdownloader browser extension was supposed to get these features added.
This has been delayed for a long time so please do not expect any progress regarding this in the near future.
You can use other browser addons to help copy/catch download URLs of e.g. video streams to be able to add them to JD e.g. Video DownloadHelper or similar.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 03.12.2021 at 15:27.
Old 30.11.2021, 09:29
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuniverse View Post
... a small window in the corner ... in which you can drag the link ...
Code:
Settings > Extension Modules > Info Bar
Old 03.12.2021, 01:23
Wind Gust

Thank you guys for the info...

1. LOL, I had been meaning to look at the Extensions, but never did LOL Thanks

2. Good to hear the features "may" eventually be added to the Plugin, so look forward to it. It would be nice making things more streamlined etc. Using IDM in the meantime as a secondary downloader for those situations.

So funny though, haven't used one of these traditional downloaders in literally like 15-20 years. Now, has been a must, so now definitely miss the abilities not being in JD yet.

3. Honorable Mention Reminder since we are talking about "delayed plans"...
Can you all please take the time to add the nice "Dark Theme" to JD that you've also mentioned you would like to do one day? The one by Vinylwalk3r/JDownloader-2-Dark-Theme - GitHub?
It would be nice also to not have to every other update or so replace the .jar file.

Thanks much for everything... Your program has been a blessing.

Last edited by leeuniverse; 03.12.2021 at 01:25.
Old 03.12.2021, 15:30
Community Manager

@leeuniverse
Thanks for your nice feedback!

I'm sorry but I don't see an official dark theme coming any time in the near future though for sure we did not forget about it.
Please use the one you've mentioned in the meantime.

We're open source so anyone is welcome to contribute code to the JDownloader project

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?