JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 23.12.2010, 07:33
JD Adviser

Question Buttons Don't Work in Nightly, Regular Versions

I noticed this problem today when I updated my jD to NIGHTLY in order to take advantage of a new filehost that was added to the Nightly version.

First, I used the Terminal in OS X to update JD to Nightly. By all indications, the update went fine.

When I restarted JD Nightly, I tried to add the new Premium host, but the "Add Account" button did nothing. In fact, none of the buttons in that window (Refresh Accounts, Delete Accounts, etc.) work. They just press down and there's no action, no result. Just dead. The same thing happened when I tried to select "Add Account" from the pull-down menu under the "Premium" menu bar item. Nothing happens. I even tried changing my Theme from Aqua to something else, but that made no difference.

I had made a copy of my main jD app just in case the Nightly update didn't work out. When I launched my main jD app, I tried the "Add Account" button and it worked. Only problem is the new filehost is not in the regular version yet. However, in addition, I noticed that "UNRAR" was no longer installed on my main app. I only noticed this after I tried to extract some files and nothing happened. When I made the copy of jD to back it up before I updated to Nightly, did it miss some symbolic links or something? Just a simple Finder "copy" command wasn't enough, I guess. Am I wrong?

Well, since the Nightly version is basically useless, I thought I'd install the Firefox Flashgot extension to my main JD app. Never tried it before. Lo and behold, the "Install" button doesn't work for that, either. Just presses down and nothing happens. There are two places in JD where you can install the Firefox extension, under "Basic" and under "Extensions, I believe. I tried them both, neither button does anything.

Have you run across this before? My log window didn't show anything seemingly related to this. As far as my console, here are a couple of messages that might be related:

Code:
12/22/10 9:52:41 PM [0x0-0x9f09f].jDownloader_Nightly[2703]  at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.actions.ActionController$15.threadedActionPerformed(ActionController.java:509) 
12/22/10 9:52:41 PM [0x0-0x9f09f].jDownloader_Nightly[2703]  at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.actions.ThreadedAction$1.run(ThreadedAction.java:50) 
12/22/10 9:52:41 PM [0x0-0x9f09f].jDownloader_Nightly[2703]  at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.actions.ThreadedAction$1.run(ThreadedAction.java:50)

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.12.2010 at 11:21.
Old 23.12.2010, 11:03
remi

Could this please be moved to the Nightly forum?
Old 23.12.2010, 11:20
JD Manager

you need to use java 1.6 for nightly
too many changes got into jdownloader and hard to make it work under java 1.5 again
but i will try.

mac osx OS X 10.5.8 should have java 1.6 available
Old 23.12.2010, 19:20
JD Adviser

remi, I posted this in the Bugreport area because the button-failure problem occurs on the "regular" JD app as well as the Nightly app.

jiaz, unfortunately, Java 1.6 is only offered for Intel-based Macs. I'm still on a PPC G4 chip. I'll go back and re-read some of Statter's or drbits posts about possible third-party ports of Java 1.6 that I might be able to install, but it would be a hack and I'm not real keen on doing that.
Old 23.12.2010, 19:23
JD Manager

please give logfiles
and maybe i can fix java 1.5 issues

if send button does not work either, just copy and paste log via pm

i need the complete log to fix java 1.5 issues and make jd run again
Old 24.12.2010, 10:53
fma16

I have the same problem, so it's not becaue of you User0.
Jiaz knows it and try to solve it (thanks Jiaz)
Old 25.12.2010, 05:38
JD English Support (inactive)

I have heard that there is a beta of Oracle Java 1.7 for older Macs. Is this available for PPC?
Old 26.12.2010, 21:04
JD Adviser

Default Java 1.7 Beta for PPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
I have heard that there is a beta of Oracle Java 1.7 for older Macs. Is this available for PPC?
Hi drbits -
Yes. See my post in the OS X forum about the 1.7 Beta for PPC's that I found. Still haven't installed it yet (mainly all I have to do is relocate the un-tar'd binary and changed my env variables in Terminal, also maybe add a sym link somewhere [I'll have to read up on that again -- I forget where I saw it]).

Once I do that, I'll give it a go and see what transpires...