JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.10.2014, 23:18
Linkgrabbing Monster

Default Datafile.com plug-in no longer working!

It was working fine up to the latest update today. Now all files return the message -

Try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)
Old 25.10.2014, 01:02
Spanish Supporter

Example links and log please - read forum rules!

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 27.10.2014, 02:39
Linkgrabbing Monster

@Lram32 - not sure why my first response isn't showing now (unless someone deleted it!)

Funny how, after the UPDATE late today, it is working fine again.

I will repeat - asking for logs and links should NOT be the first response. Simple as that. IMPO that's just a delaying cop out. When nothing on OUR side changes, but an update is installed, and THEN plugins no longer work, it is NOT something on our side. Is it REALLY that hard for you to try a link for yourself?! Then you would see FIRST HAND the issue and the error, and save EVERYONE a whole lot of time and bother.
Old 27.10.2014, 05:08
English Supporter

No one edited your post, so maybe your browser removed or maybe you did it by mistake without noticing. We do have forum bug which renames links with ... but there are not hyper links with ... mentioned. Could be unknown bug also, but no one has reported anything of that nature, so you would be the first.

It's quite simple we need logs and example links that cause YOU problems. Links we find may NOT trigger event. Doing it your way also means we have to spend more time doing your leg work (finding links && trying to trigger event). Considering you do this once per report its not much time for you. If we do it once per reported issue, and we are checking many reports per day, it would consume time we don't have. Most plugin devs have lives outside of JDownloader, we do this in our spare time outside of work and/or education obligations! We rather spend that time fixing reported issues and helping others vs wasting our time! For example: see a report with the required information, analyse log && identify && fix problem from log. If we can not identify && fix from log we try to reproduce issue from provided example links and information on how to reproduce issue. This is why we explicitly ask information (see our forum rules, also each parent thread of the forum has section rules), please provide information to staff on request, or decline if you choose. If you keep declining to provide the information requested, it would be in your best interest (and ours) to not report issues.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 27.10.2014, 05:24
Linkgrabbing Monster

@raztoki - while I don't disagree with your points, you also have to realize that there may users out there who don't want to divulge the contents of what they download (for whatever reason). If there was a way to obfuscate any link information when a log is created, then that would make a LOT of people feel safer. Then, a link could always be added in the body of the post.

Would that be an acceptable sort of compromise?
Old 27.10.2014, 06:14
English Supporter

I do realise! But your concern is unfounded. The biggest risk of using any application isn't from providing logs to support staff, its the application itself. Once installed or running, any program can call home and send any sort of information back to its owner/publisher. Using your example: links downloaded, using what ever cookie session, and what ever user:pass(jd inputs), applications can also listen to other application inputs (classic trojan/data miner).

If you had any objections to providing such information you shouldn't said program to begin with!

Our logs are only readable by select support staff, staff also needs to know your random log id in order to open log. If you have any concerns, only upload logs from a effected session, not all sessions, this way it only contains the information required vs all your activity.

Obstructing logs contents is against the purpose of providing such information to start with! So not acceptable and wont be happening!

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.12.2014, 21:34
Linkgrabbing Monster

This plugin is again not working, same error (try restarting this link - plugin outdated). Here's your log data -

--ID:102TS:1417893756390-12/6/14 2:22:36 PM - [jd.plugins.PluginForHost(errLog)] -> HosterPlugin out of date: jd.plugins.hoster.DataFileCom@6456a9a :27815
--ID:102TS:1417893756390-12/6/14 2:22:36 PM - [jd.plugins.PluginForHost(errLog)] -> URL:**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
--ID:102TS:1417893756390-12/6/14 2:22:36 PM - [] -> jd.plugins.PluginException
at jd.plugins.hoster.DataFileCom.doFree(DataFileCom.java:204)
at jd.plugins.hoster.DataFileCom.handleFree(DataFileCom.java:155)
at jd.plugins.PluginForHost.handle(PluginForHost.java:819)
at jd.controlling.downloadcontroller.SingleDownloadController.download(SingleDownloadController.java:38 6)
at jd.controlling.downloadcontroller.SingleDownloadController.run(SingleDownloadController.java:551)

All I did was obscure the specific path and file. You will get the same error with ANY file from DataFile.
Old 06.12.2014, 21:36
Community Manager

Hi
Please post a full log (instructions see my signature below).

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.12.2014, 21:42
Linkgrabbing Monster

And I've said before - I do NOT give out my complete information to people I don't know - PERIOD. There is seriously something wrong with your system of development/troubleshooting, if you can't work from the information provided. You want to tell me what other SPECIFIC files in the LOG folder you might need, I'll see about that.

JD isn't the *only* download manager out there - I don't understand why you would want to alienate your users with such a poor attitude.

I suppose you think that maybe people have no use for a VPN either? After all, according to you, they shouldn't be worried about giving out all their information to anyone .......

You want *SPECIFIC* information, I'm happy to provide it, but I don't blindly send my info to *anyone*.
Old 06.12.2014, 21:54
Community Manager

Have you ever thought, that maybe it's just simple and there is nothing more behind it than that your logs get uploaded to our servers and the ones from our team who have the permissions and your log-id can view them?
And before you ask - No, I do not know how safe our log-servers are and how long logs are stored but in case you're interested in these information, I can get them for you.
That's all - no analytics software or "personalized ad system" or whatsoever!
Also about "giving information to anyone" - you might not believe me but we are not "anyone".
Behind JD, there is a company and workers - located in Germany, we have strict privacy laws - believe me, it is not funny to be sued because of violating them though of course, many companies will do it anyways but we neither have a reason for that, nor would it make any sense for us!

...but anways, of course, most of the logs are probably also helpful without all user-specific information included but still I see no reason to add a function in JD to censor our own logs - whoever wants that can do it himself!
So of course, I understand your opinion.

As long as problems are reproducable, in theory we do not need a log at all.

My previous post was similar to a standard answer as I did not investigate the problem in any way yet as I know that once raztoki is there, he will do it so my only interest was that, once he investigates it, enough/full logs are available, if needed - that's all

Also, I'm sorry - I m not always reading threads 100% if I don't need to and I do not always remember the usernames of the threads and what their opinions are on a specific topic which might be understandable as we have a lot of users and a lot of reports every day.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.12.2014 at 21:57.
Old 06.12.2014, 22:02
Linkgrabbing Monster

Honestly, if you could implement that one little aspect to scrub user-connected and file-specific data from the logs, then I'd have no problem doing it.

And I apologize from bristling - I tend to get annoyed with "stock" responses. It's definitely a reproducible error - I had a file partially completed, when the time limit ran out - the next time it tried to start, I got the error, and other, even new, links result in the same. I try to do as much troubleshooting on my end before I post I also made certain that it's not a DataFile website issue, as you can get the files straight from there in a browser.
Old 06.12.2014, 22:28
Community Manager

Well then raztoki will probably help you tomorrow or later.

About the privacy stuff: As said - I have another point of view here and I do not see our users in any danger.
Even if we did misuse your date: It'll all come out - until now, most of the companies weren't able to hide such privacy frauds for a longer period of time
But again - I understand your points!

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote: