JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Suggestions & Requests

Old 21.04.2022, 00:04
JD Beta

Default KeyCombos to go to first and last file of the package.

Hello,

Can you add [AltGr] + [Home] hotkey combo to go to first file in the package?
Can you add [AltGr] + [End] hotkey combo to go to last file in the package?

What I mean with "go to" is "giving focus and scrolling if needed".

Can you add an option to choose what to do with these combos if the package is collapsed? Values: "Do nothing" / "Expand the package first".

Note that "the package" should be that one containing the focused file. If the focused item is a package "the package" should be that one.

Perfection: If this feature could be compatible with the pressing of [Control] to keep the selection.

Thanks in advance.

PS:
Maybe what I call "focus" you could refer to it as "selection". Let me explain: When you have a selection and press vertical cursor while pressing [Control] you are changing the focus while keeping the selection untouched. You are moving through the list and changing the focus. You can even move through pages without changing the selection just by keeping pressing the [Control] key.

Last edited by t33st33r; 21.04.2022 at 00:12.
Old 21.04.2022, 10:42
JD Manager

@t33st33r:
I will add support for *go to first/last file in the package*

You can already move cursor to package via left arrow key, but I guess you explicit want the first/last link to be selected, right?

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.04.2022 at 10:46.
Old 21.04.2022, 10:44
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by t33st33r View Post
Can you add an option to choose what to do with these combos if the package is collapsed? Values: "Do nothing" / "Expand the package first".
You already can expand/collapse the package with left/right array key on package
I don't think we need an extra setting here, because when the package is selected, all its links are selected as well. if you want to expand it, then its just one keystroke right arrow key
Old 21.04.2022, 10:45
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by t33st33r View Post
Perfection: If this feature could be compatible with the pressing of [Control] to keep the selection.
Control key for selection via Mouse and Shift key for selection via Keyboard.
Old 21.04.2022, 14:32
JD Beta

@Jiaz
Every single reply you did in this thread you are using the term "select"/"selecting"/"selection". I'd like not the selection to be changed unless the [Control] key is not pressed. What I'd like to be changed is the focus.

---

I know you can use the right-arrow-key to expand a collapsed package and the left-arrow-key to collapse an expanded package but I think you could do more actions using just one single combo (that is a +1 for "ergonomy"). It is not a need, I was just thinking about the possibility this could be implemented in JDownloader in case it's not so much extra effort for developers. Devs don't really need to design a dialog item to add these options because they can just add an entry to "Advanced settings" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Control key for selection via Mouse and Shift key for selection via Keyboard.
I am not really sure if I understood it but I can say [Shift] is another key thay could be good to consider because it make thinks in combination with cursor-keys. Unfortunatelly [Shift] + [Control] doesn't work in JDownloader like it should be expected... not actually. Let me explain that with an example:

{1.} Make a selection by pressing down [Shift], press [Up]*2 and release [Shift].
{2.} Press down [Control], press [Up]*2, press [Space], press down [Shift], press [Up].
As you could see the three selected files you got in {1.} got deselected and that is not the expected way to work.
Old 21.04.2022, 15:00
JD Manager

@t33st33r: I'm sorry but there is no support at all to support focus independant from selection models.
It's a mouse only *hack/feature* to highlight the current row below the mouse cursor. It's gui only and does not change any focus/selection.
Old 22.04.2022, 00:59
JD Beta

@Jiaz: I'm not sure if I've understand you.

You can move through the rows without changing the selection just by keeping [Control] pressed. That's a fact.

Try this:

{1.} You have 3 (or more) rows. You move the cursor (pressing arrow keys only) to the 1st one.
{2.} Press down [Shift], press down-arrow-key. Release [Shift]
{3.} Now you have 1st and 2nd selected. The cursor is placed (focus) at 2nd one.
{4.} Press down [Control]. Press down-arrow-key. Release [Control]
{5.} Now you have 1st and 2nd selected (no change in selection), and cursor is placed at 3rd row.

So there are two separate things:
{1.} The selection.
{2.} The cursor position/placement (What I called "focus"... sorry if I used a wrong term to refer to this).

EDIT: The way I explained that there is no visual prove of the position of the cursor so I am going to add another example.

{1.} You have 9 rows. Move the cursor (using only arrow-keys) to the first one.
{2.} Press down [Shift]. Press down-arrow-key 8 times. Release [Shift].
{3.} Now you have all 9 rows selected.
{4.} Press down [Control]. Press up-arrow-key 4 times. Release [Control].
{5.} Now you have moved the cursor to the middle row without changing the selection. On next step I will prove it.
{6.} Press down [Control]. Press [Space]. Release [Control].
{7.} Now you have changed the selection. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th are selected. 5th is'nt.

You can move through rows without changing the selection just by pressing [Control] while pressing arrow-keys/[PageDown]/[PageUp]. Once the cursor is in a row you want to change its status (selected to deselected or viceversa) you (keeping [Control] pressed down) just have to press [Space].

PS: English is not my native language.

Last edited by t33st33r; 22.04.2022 at 13:14.