JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.06.2020, 22:42
JD Alpha

Default JDownloader was able to download a video labelled by IDM as "protected content". How?

I was trying to download a video from this streaming service called V i k i . c o m (this is my attempt of censoring the name/URL of the site so they can't search it lol idk if it would work though) and JDownloader was able to download a video that can't be downloaded by Internet Download Manager because it is a "protected content". JDownloader was only able to download the 480p version because need to have a VIP account in V i k i to access the HD versions. I have a VIP account yet I can't even download the 480p version (through IDM). IDM displays all the qualities but as I've mentioned, they're all labelled protected and can't be downloaded.

How did that happen? Is that because of the user agent that JDownloader uses?

Another thing to note is that not all videos from that service are encrypted or are identified by IDM as a protected content.

This is what I was trying to download:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I also tried downloading with XDM downloader and it can only detect the chopped video files thing that I guess is because of the encryption thing. Sorry I don't know the proper terms.

Edit: I did more tests (although just on my phone right now, will test later on PC after I wake up). I thought maybe the reason JDownloader was able to download the video was because Viki is streaming non-DRM-protected videos if you're not logged in, but that's not the case according to Kiwi Browser (Android browser). It aksed me if I would like to allow Viki to play a protected content so I guess the stream is still DRM-protected even if you're not logged in...

Edit: Tubeoffline.com can also download the first episode (you need a Viki Pass to access the other episodes)...

Edit: Tried it on my PC. The videos are still encrypted if you're not logged in. So, how do JDownloader and tubeoffline extract the video?

Edit: It seems like every website that appears under the search results of "viki downloader" can also download that video as well. So, I guess it's not really directly related to JDownloader, but I hope you can still help me. I just want to add more info.

During the airing of the 1st and 2nd episode, the series was not encrypted yet so I was able to download them in full HD. The audio and video stream were separate.

This is for episode 1:
Video: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Audio: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

What's interesting though is that those links still work. Now, they've moved the series to this server (I'm not sure if that's the correct term) **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

This is the link that JDownloader and those other online downloaders get:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (the parameters in the end change depending on the time)

Last edited by athydwsz; 14.06.2020 at 13:24. Reason: grammar, added more info
Old 15.06.2020, 17:54
Community Manager

Hi,

We're using an old API of that website - you are/were simply lucky.

We are open source - if you want to know more details, just look into our code:
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...nt/get-started

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.06.2020, 18:03
JD Alpha

Is there a way to directly see the code used for Viki without going all the trouble of doing the things mentioned in your link?
Old 15.06.2020, 18:24
English Supporter

@athydwsz
you either need a svn client to download source code for just that class or you can find source mirrored on github (someone external did that). The guide is if you want to setup a IDE in order to code/debug

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.06.2020, 18:27
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@athydwsz
you either need a svn client to download source code for just that class or you can find source mirrored on github (someone external did that). The guide is if you want to setup a IDE in order to code/debug
I'm not really a programmer so I don't know what I'm expecting if I do see the code lol but thanks!