JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 14.07.2018, 18:20
CookingCookie

Default Filecloud.io, downloading only one part at a time (captcha related?)

Hello,

Fairly new user here, I tried looking for info on the issue with little success;

The parts from a file I'm trying to download are only coming in one at a time, requiring me to enter a captcha everytime one of them is completed.

I set the limits to maximum and force download has no effect;

Is there any way to complete all captchas at once and let the file download? I can't possibly afk download as of now,

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Old 15.07.2018, 20:45
CookingCookie

Started using the software a few days ago, the extension allows me to solve recaptcha in browser but only for one part at a time, I cannot solve it for the next part before the current one is over, and can only download one part at a time, and have to be present to solve a captcha in between each part

I set the limits to max and force download won't do a thing, at this rate it's faster to do it manually

Any insights on a way to solve all captchas at once and let all the files download while afk?

Thanks in advance
Old 16.07.2018, 05:14
English Supporter

Please provide example links and tell us how many links that you can download simultaneously with browser?
Old 16.07.2018, 05:25
Fibre Channel User

Hello, CookingCookie,
many of us have the very same challenge nowadays...

You forgot to mention which one of the file hosters you are trying to download from...

Anyway, it is very probable that the "only 1 simultaneous download" at a time is due to the hoster limitation as a 'free' user (not premium - paid user of that specific file hoster).

I really don't see how you can possibly overcome this download limitation without either getting a hold of a premium user account for your specific hoster or maybe even one of those premium "all debrid" account that gives you access to multiple premium hosters.

I suggest you report back here with more information, possibly with a log ( support.jdownloader.org/Knowledgebase/Article/View/47/0/how-to-create-and-upload-session-logs ).
Old 16.07.2018, 12:53
JD Manager

@audio20: Thanks for the good explanation.

@CookingCookie: As audio20 already explained, it's very likely that the limitation with 1 concurrent download is because of free mode that most services apply restrictions like 1 download at time, no resume and captchas.

The captcha system is designed to open only one dialog/captcha a time, else starting multiple downloads at once could easily lead to many many captcha/dialog and not very easy to keep track of all that stuff.
Old 16.07.2018, 21:01
CookingCookie

Hello to the both of you,

Thanks for the answers, and sorry if I wasn't specific enough;

The file hoster was filecloud.io, and I double-checked, I can manually download several files at one in different browser tab

Here is the requested log 15.07.18 04.58.24 <--> 14.07.18 18.54.29 jdlog://5119064433151/

I very much understand how messy things could go if all captchas tabs popped up at once, however my issue is that once the first part of the file is "validated" and downloading, I can't seem to find a way to have the second, third (and so on) parts to start downloading before the first one is completely done, leading to a situation where every 1GiB downloaded I have to complete a captcha prompt for the next one to start
Old 17.07.2018, 10:35
JD Manager

Please provide some example links. Plugin is hardcoded to max 1 free concurrent download so we first have to check if multiple downloads are possible
Sure you're downloading as free user and not using an account?
Old 17.07.2018, 23:10
CookingCookie

Pretty sure I don't own an account, never subscribed to anything and this was the first time I downloaded from filecloud.io (here **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**)

Do you think the plugin could be the limiting factor here (it's possible that I just missed a box in the software settings)
Old 18.07.2018, 10:10
JD Manager

I'm not able to download anything from filecloud. All Captchas do fail in browser. Can't download at all. But I will increase max concurrent downloads for you to test.
Please report back in case it causes issues
Old 20.07.2018, 23:56
CookingCookie

I had a bit of trouble retesting it, seems like there was a conflict with https everywhere and privacy badger extensions, managed to get it to work again.

For the record; before downloading patch I could start downloading part1 through JD and could right click > properties > open in browser the other parts and download them from there, just didn't find a way to actively get the plugin to prompt me with captchas for other parts within JD before part1 was done

After downloading patch, I get a sequence of prompts, (which is as you envisioned a bit hard to keep track of), and I do manage to have everything downloading at once

Thanks a lot, I must say I'm impressed with the response
Old 21.07.2018, 09:41
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. So concurrent downloads do work now in JDownloader, right?
Old 22.07.2018, 15:28
CookingCookie

I do believe so, thanks again !
Old 23.07.2018, 11:42
JD Manager

You're welcome. In case you need more than 5 (current limit) concurrent downloads and you are sure that they will work, please let me know and I will increase limit
Old 27.07.2018, 04:00
CookingCookie

Thanks for the offer

I believe in some contexts (low speed, overnight dl for example, or 40+ 1GiB parts) it could be useful to have larger limits, but with the current "everything popping at once" status it could get confusing - maybe 10-15 ? It really depends on the needs of each user, and I'm not sure I am representative of anything

Anyway the change to 5 already gives more room to work with and it's most welcome

I guess in an ideal world that limit could be set on user-end (but that is speculation, not a request)

Lastly, a dumb workaround I found to avoid having all captchas pop up at once is to just start dls one after another (still familiarizing with the soft)
Old 27.07.2018, 10:42
JD Manager

While working on plugins we test out the limits and set those within the plugin to avoid issues with later use. For example makes no sense to allow more than 1 concurrent download if the host doesn't allow/support that. I guess in your case the host has changed over time and we just had to update the plugin limit. We don't want user set settings because they tend to cause more issues/produce more support because many ppl think that more = better
But if wished, I can add plugin settings to manually overwride for filecloud plugin
Old 28.07.2018, 18:46
CookingCookie

Ok, I think I get it, thanks for the explanation

Don't bother, maybe in the future if you get a ton of feedback for it, but I'm good personally, thanks
Old 30.07.2018, 14:52
JD Manager

You've welcome. Just report back if you want the limit to increased even further.