JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.10.2022, 06:13
Giga Loader

Default Locking 4K Behind Premium Subscription

Has anyone else here seen this rumor/news? If it comes to pass, will JD become unable to grab 2160p links on YT?
Old 07.10.2022, 06:33
English Supporter

I read about it online a week ago? https: // news.slashdot.org/story/22/10/03/1810200/youtube-asks-some-users-to-purchase-a-premium-subscription-to-watch-in-4k
I assume it would work as it does now, but just would need your account info present.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.10.2022, 16:04
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@rezad: maybe you can try without TOR Proxy and use VPN/different Proxy instead?
ignore my comment about ffmpeg, it's your own ffmpeg that you use for *probing/testing* the videos.
Have you checked if different max connection (1 or more) makes any difference?
I dont really have a vpn that I can use as a socks proxy on linux.
I am from iran and for security reasons internet vpn and tors are really slow (internet in general is good but vpn and instagram and whatsapp are blocked and slow)
so right now I cant really test with vpn.
I always thought youtube used something like hls (or better) and the downloading program could see which segment it was downloading like hlsdl command that shows the part numbers, but maybe I thought wrong.

and I use two and one connection and still get the errors.
I think I have to wait for internet vpns to get normal and then try then.

i

thank you for your answers.
Old 10.10.2022, 17:40
JD Manager

@rezad: Maybe try a free proxy you can find in the www? right now it looks like proxy/setup issue as there would be much more reports if it was a JDownloader issue. Also it would not *go away* by retrying.
Old 10.10.2022, 19:20
JD Adviser

Quote:
@rezad: Maybe try a free proxy you can find in the www? right now it looks like proxy/setup issue as there would be much more reports if it was a JDownloader issue. Also it would not *go away* by retrying.
I don't know if yt-dlp is very different from jdownloader or if in muxing the final file it maybe fixes the issues but I am trying with that and it hasn't given me error yet.
thought when downloading via jdownloader if was not just ffmpeg errors but missing data in video that would show as corruption too.

will try bigger videos (takes times with 50KB/s speed of tor)

Last edited by rezad; 10.10.2022 at 19:23.
Old 10.10.2022, 19:59
JD Manager

@rezad: I don't know if yt-dlp is also using ffmpeg but I guess so.But it won't be able to *fix* anything because if the streams are damaged in first place, then they are damaged. You are free to provide new log, maybe it contains any hints about this issue. Restart JDownloader, just download a single video and check if it contains issue.If so, please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post logID here.
Old 18.10.2022, 18:58
Tornado

Hello, can we find a topic like this but dedicated to Twitch ?

I don't understand why it's impossible to get a link from twitch like this one:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

Ant Video Downloader can't too ?!

I use now a add-on for Firefox called twitchclipdownloader, who work trough a website to decode twich video link.

So if you have a topic about Twitch, thank you in advance to give me the link.
Old 18.10.2022, 19:09
JD Manager

@jdboy6: twitch plugin is currently broken due to twitch api changes, please use forum search.
In meantime this method should work, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...aming-websites or check yt-dlp
Old 21.10.2022, 11:46
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: higher resolutions are not available in h264 codec but only in vp9..and thus only avalable in mkv container
thanks for the info. is there a difference in quality with the codecs? I notice that vp9 is half the size of h264.
Is there a way to setup the app when a higher resolution is available to use .mkv but still use .mp4 at 1080?
Old 21.10.2022, 12:59
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bison View Post
thanks for the info. is there a difference in quality with the codecs?
Browser often shows VP9 by default and is more modern codec, see
bitmovin.com/vp9-codec-status-quo
Quote:
Is there a way to setup the app when a higher resolution is available to use .mkv but still use .mp4 at 1080?
VP9 was long time not supported in MP4 container and thus at the moment only MKV is available. But why care? Any software player should be able to handle mkv but not every software/hardware player can handle vp9 in mp4

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.10.2022 at 13:03.
Old 25.10.2022, 21:14
Baby Loader

Quote:
Browser often shows VP9 by default and is more modern codec, see
bitmovin.com/vp9-codec-status-quo

VP9 was long time not supported in MP4 container and thus at the moment only MKV is available. But why care? Any software player should be able to handle mkv but not every software/hardware player can handle vp9 in mp4
How do I setup .mkv correctly? when selecting that format it doesnt give the right resolution. If I want the max available resolution should I be using .mp4 or .mkv and what codec?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-25 120944.png (4.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-25 121134.png (35.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 26.10.2022, 12:03
JD Manager

@M_Bison: Example link? pay attention to video orientation so upright orientation, 1280p might alread be highest resolution
Old 27.10.2022, 06:44
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: Example link? pay attention to video orientation so upright orientation, 1280p might alread be highest resolution
for example **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
I am just a bit confused with YouTube settings.
Other plugins I had an easier time with configuring.
Old 27.10.2022, 10:52
JD Manager

@M_Bison: have you customized/changed Settings->Plugins->youtube.com ? try to hit the reset button, restart JDownloader and try again. jd succeeds to find highest resolution with default settings. Have you changed Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.maxvideoresolution, should be 4320p
Old 28.10.2022, 05:43
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: have you customized/changed Settings->Plugins->youtube.com ? try to hit the reset button, restart JDownloader and try again. jd succeeds to find highest resolution with default settings. Have you changed Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.maxvideoresolution, should be 4320p
Hi. I reset my settings and this is the results. I still dont see max quality with default settings
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-27 204245.png (276.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 28.10.2022, 14:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Hi. I reset my settings and this is the results. I still dont see max quality with default settings
I'm sorry I don't see any problem on your screenshot or don't understand. It shows that by default the best 1920p is selected. Video max is 3840x1920, so 1920p is the best.
Old 29.10.2022, 01:15
Baby Loader

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't see any problem on your screenshot or don't understand. It shows that by default the best 1920p is selected. Video max is 3840x1920, so 1920p is the best.
my mistake. I misunderstood the 1920p. thanks for the help.

edit- with the app when downloading YouTube, how does it decide when to use .mkv or .mp4 at the same resolution?

Last edited by M_Bison; 29.10.2022 at 10:31.
Old 31.10.2022, 00:35
Vacuum Cleaner

So, now that it's been OVER TWO YEARS since the infamous "a nice present for Christmas 2020" post, and Jdownloader still faithfully breaks after 100 packages when crawling on YouTube. Now that YouTube doesn't allow you to sort by oldest videos and shrewdly doesn't show you all the videos when you view by newest, Jdownloader is OBJECTIVELY unusable for channel archiving. So, donations don't provide enough motivation, Jdownloader actually being unusable for archiving entire channels doesn't... are we ever going to see a solution to this? I'm about to take the 50 bucks I was willing to donate and buy 4K video downloader, which has always worked as expected. Yes, I know YT-DL exists, but a frontend that isn't very buggy still doesn't seem to exist, and I don't want to deal with CLI right now.

I understand that this is a free program, but when one of the primary uses for it is broken for over TWO YEARS and the only workaround no longer works, how patient am I really supposed to be? The ignoring of all the donation offers is what really blows my mind.

It's so frustrating because this is the ONLY reason that Jdownloader2 has gone from being hands down the best way to archive YouTube channels to the only one that's actually unusable for the task.

EDIT: I don't want to jump the gun here, but it does appear that all videos now show when scrolling in the "newest" direction, so gracefully it does appear that they reverted that change when removing the "sort by oldest" feature. So, it appears that the linkclipper workaround does still work. Still though... two years. We need to at least see some project notes or something. "We will get to it someday" doesn't work anymore. We need to know WHY it's taking so absurdly long. How do you not realize that by being very transparent about that, you're a lot more likely to get programmers to help you out with fixing it? In this time, you could have entirely rewritten the plugin to be based on YT-DL and shovel the responsibility for keeping up with YT changes to that team. What has taken over two years? The silence is worse than the bug not being fixed, at this point.

Last edited by jeffr; 31.10.2022 at 04:35.
Old 02.11.2022, 20:58
Baby Loader

It seems like jdownloader doesn't recognize the 8k HDR AV1 variant. I noticed it because apparently youtube doesn't convert 8k HDR videos to a normal 8k version.
I confirmed it is available to download in yt-dlp.

For examples, if you look at this channel for the ones labeled "8k HDR"
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 04.11.2022, 23:35
Giga Loader

youtube download exceeds 100% see attachment:

URL: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Attached Thumbnails
yt-exceeds-100.jpeg  

Last edited by dbkarm; 04.11.2022 at 23:38.