JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.05.2019, 15:34
Super Loader

Default Context sensitive grouping.

First time around here, and I want to say thank you very much for this excelent program.

Now. I'm having some frustration with package grouping, specifically with BandCamp and YouTube.

The YouTube plugin does allow naming packages after the playlist, that's true, but using that implies solving something by breaking something else. Let me explain:
If I add a playlist URL (not a video url with an additional playlist ID), I want all the videos contained in the playlist to be added to a package named after the playlist (and possibly the creator of the playlist). But if I set JD to name packages that way, then single video URLs get simply added to the "Various Files" folder. If I try to solve that by adding the video name in the formatting string too, then packages are named after both, pretty much defeating the purpose of naming after the playlist, since each individual video ends up in a separate package anyway.
I guess I can get arround that manually after the fact, but if I were able to define separate grouping behaviors for playlist URLs and individual video URLs, that would be ideal.

Basically, I think there would be a need for two things: First, a way to define package and file naming differently depending on the incoming URL type, differentiating between individual videos, playlists/channels, and individual videos within a playlist (but I'm not really interested in those, as, if I want the whole playlist, then I prefer to use the playlist URL instead. I always enable the option to ignore playlist IDs in video URLs. Thanks for that one ). Second, the naming of the package and the files for each case should be separately configurable, having variables for video name, uploader name, playlist creator name, and the rest of the usual stuff. A "playlist order" field, if possible, would also be a nice addition

As a last note, I would also like to ask if it is possible at all to retrieve ContendID information from YT videos and put it in a text file, like with video descriptions.

----

Now, regarding BandCamp, the problem seems to be simpler: Single track albums end up in "Various Files" instead of getting an album package. Can something be done about that?
Old 29.05.2019, 17:54
JD Manager

The purpose of *Various Files* is to avoid having packages with single link in it. You can easily disable it in Settings-Advanced Settings-LinkgrabberSettings.variouspackageenabled

@Bandcamp:
direct tracks are *picked up* by hoster plugin that handles download. hoster plugins work 1 to 1, meaning 1 link in -> 1 link in list -> no package handling/processing at all
album links are *picked up* by decrypter/crawler plugin and here we have 1 to x. such plugins can set/change package information.
to change this behaviour we would have to change both plugins to make all links go into decrypter/crawler first to parse the package information as well.
Old 29.05.2019, 17:55
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorn View Post
The YouTube plugin does allow naming packages after the playlist, that's true, but using that implies solving something by breaking something else. Let me explain:
If I add a playlist URL (not a video url with an additional playlist ID), I want all the videos contained in the playlist to be added to a package named after the playlist (and possibly the creator of the playlist).
That should already be possible and working fine, for example set package name to *PLAYLIST_NAME* when adding playlists?
Old 29.05.2019, 17:57
JD Manager

Quote:
Basically, I think there would be a need for two things: First, a way to define package and file naming differently depending on the incoming URL type, differentiating between individual videos, playlists/channels, and individual videos within a playlist
You're right. Would be better to specify packagename depending on
single video, playlist...
Old 29.05.2019, 19:20
JD Manager

Quote:
As a last note, I would also like to ask if it is possible at all to retrieve ContendID information from YT videos and put it in a text file, like with video descriptions.
Any idea where to find this information? Is it public available?
Old 29.05.2019, 21:13
Super Loader

Oh no, I like the "Various Files" folder, for sure, I don't want to do away with it entirely.
When I say that I'm getting bandcamp tracks in there I'm not talking about indivitual track links, which are naturally expected to be handled that way.
I'm rather saying that adding links to an albums that contain only one track gets them in there.

Scratch that! I just went back to the site and what I thought were one-track albums turned out to be just tracks presented along with the albums in the artist's catalog. It seems that's how BC deals with "singles". My bad.
I suppose that makes this whole bussiness more problematic than I thought, as you don't even get the cover art.

Quote:
That should already be possible and working fine, for example set package name to *PLAYLIST_NAME* when adding playlists?
Well, that can quickly get pretty confusing and error prone, going back and forth changing the package naming scheme, forgetting what you had it set for and going back again to make sure it's correct for what you are going to add now, etc
Instead of that, what I do is turn off clipboard monitoring, paste the playlist URL/s in the analyzer and edit the package name manually.

As for the ContentID stuff, unfortunately I have no idea. I just know it shows up in many videos under the description. I became aware of it relatively recently, using it to locate some production music tracks I liked. I just thought it'd be neat to have that too when downloading videos, but I don't know how to retrieve it or if YT provides a method to do it, sorry.
Old 29.05.2019, 21:30
JD Manager

Quote:
I'm rather saying that adding links to an albums that contain only one track gets them in there.
Can you please provide such examples, then I can check/fix those
Old 29.05.2019, 21:47
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Can you please provide such examples, then I can check/fix those
No, sorry, that was a mistake on my part. I assumed they were album links because I took them from the artist's discography, but they are /track/ URLs, instead of /album/. It seems that's how BC treats singles. I wish it was otherwise.
Old 03.06.2019, 15:11
JD Manager

Can you provide an example? maybe I can still make it possible *somehow* ?
Old 04.06.2019, 05:09
Super Loader

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** Third row, third column.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 04.06.2019, 18:16
JD Manager

Thanks for the example link. If you really need a seperate package for single track albums, I would have to rewrite the plugins to make it possible, so the question is, do you really need it
Old 04.06.2019, 21:00
Super Loader

I guess I don't REALLY need it.
I mean, it IS a bother that I can't just copy the URL and get it in it's own folder and with the cover art like regular albums, but I suppose I can pay attention to those and manually work arround it by manually making a package and copying the art.
I'm used to manually work arround lots of things, not just JDownloader, so...

I initially brought this up under the false impression that these were regular album links and JD just treated them differently because they only had one track, but seeing it's actually BC that treats them differently, I can realize it's probably going to be a pain to make JD figure out if a track URL is actually an album somehow.
Old 04.06.2019, 21:10
JD Manager

Quote:
I guess I don't REALLY need it.
I mean, it IS a bother that I can't just copy the URL and get it in it's own folder and with the cover art like regular albums, but I suppose I can pay attention to those and manually work arround it by manually making a package and copying the art.
I will try to setup a packagizer rules for single track albums by tomorrow, it should be possible to make it work that way
Old 05.06.2019, 03:18
Super Loader

What can I say? You are far too gracious. Thank you very much, sir.
Old 05.06.2019, 12:54
JD Manager

wait for next plugin update. I've added decrypter plugin support for track links
Old 16.06.2019, 14:45
Super Loader

IT VERKS!! Danke!
Old 17.06.2019, 10:50
JD Manager

You're welcome Thanks for the feedback
Old 02.08.2023, 17:35
Community Manager

@radorn
Coming back to your initial request:
Next update of the YT crawler will group all results of the channel/playlist crawler into one package by default.
Now that does not (yet) allow you to define custom names for those packages as I don't really see the need for that but if needed, it will be super easy for me to add that feature later on.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?