JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07.10.2010, 02:13
JD VIP

Hi, does crc check failed (sha1) means that the file will be damage as a result?

I downloaded a multipart 7z set from hotfile and so far 3 of the files failed...

Here's the log..
Attached Files
File Type: rar jd error.rar (74.8 KB, 456 views)
Old 08.10.2010, 10:59
Freeloader

ok so Ive talked to the user today and he said that he tested the links through his browser too and guess what "hotfile, rapidshare and netload links fail to download towards the end of the download"

the only working download for him is fileserve atm

could it be the ISP ? but then why would he be able to download fileserve links and not rs netload and hotfile?
Old 08.10.2010, 12:42
misiek666

Question Hotfile Premium - Low Bandwith problem.

Hi,

I've notice that several days ago - and this problem appear only with HF Premium account using JD. With RS or Turbobit it's working fine.

I've 10 Mb connection so when I'm using JD I'm limiting download transfer to ~ 900 kb/s and for 4 files at the same time.

Problem is that from the start everything is working fine but after several minutes transfer is reducing as you can see at this picture :

So my advice then is pressing Pause and establish connection again so after that it's looks like this :

Whole transfer is again full but it's not spread evenly on all files as you can see. One file has almost full transfer but others has minimal.

As I wrote it only took place with HF. It's a plugin problem or HF problem ?

Thanks

Last edited by misiek666; 08.10.2010 at 12:44.
Old 08.10.2010, 14:41
Community Manager

Merged hotfile threads.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.10.2010, 17:26
misiek666

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Merged hotfile threads.

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Next time read what people said. My case is not like others.
Received Warning
Old 09.10.2010, 03:58
JD English Support (inactive)

@ misiek666,

Warning: Do not argue in public with staff members.

All discussion of Hotfile (free or premium) belongs in this thread. Your problem has already been discussed earlier in this thread. You failed to search the forum before posting.

Read the rules for the Hosters Plugins forum.

We need more information in order to make any specific suggestions or report any bugs, the list is in the rules. Given the information you have provided, I cannot even figure out what OS, antivirus, java version, or JD version you are using.

Suggestions

Make sure your copy of JD is up to date (use File -> Restart 2 times). Change to Java version 6u20 (this version appears to have the fewest problems with JD).

If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, please review General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Optimizing Your Internet Connection

Please review General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Optimizing Your Number of Connections. Find out your actual download speed and convert it to KBytes/second.

Set Max.Con.=1 if you are downloading multiple files at the same time.

Observations

Uneven download speeds between files is usually a problem at the Hotfile. The next major JDownloader version will download more evenly.

In Windows, download speeds that start fast and slow down dramatically are usually a problem with your antivirus software. The wrong antivirus software settings can also cause data loss during down downloads (CRC errors). The fact that it is only happening on Hotfile might have to do with the type of data you are downloading.

Please read General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Windows 7 (and Vista) -> Required Patch and Security Software.

These general suggestions are all the help that can be provided with the information you have provided. This message has taken a disproportional amount of my time, because you did not follow the rules.

Last edited by drbits; 09.10.2010 at 04:12.
Old 09.10.2010, 04:26

Deliberate double post by staff member.

@ madmax2 and Freeloader,
Frequent CRC errors or downloads being cut off almost always are caused by a problem in your antivirus setup. You must make sure that your security software does not read the contents of packets downloaded by jdownloader, java, or javaw. The current recommended antivirus programs are AVI (installed without Link Scanner), MS Security Essentials, or PC Tools Free antivirus. Installing ThreatFire will strengthen any antivirus.

Web scanning (also called Link scanning) is generally only necessary for Internet Explorer and should be performed by a browser addin or plugin. Otherwise, you only have to scan executable files and scripts when they are opened.

If you are using an e-mail program that executes scripts within messages (such as old versions of Outlook), then either change your e-mail program or set the program to initially display messages in plain text. Real messages will be mostly understandable text (and possibly images). If an e-mail is all images or contains scripts it is almost always Spam.

Last edited by drbits; 09.10.2010 at 04:29.
Old 10.10.2010, 21:16
jellyface86

helppp!!!!!

i have an account with hotfile and i put in the right pass and user but it keeps on saying invalid account

Moderator Edit: Do Not Double Post

Last edited by drbits; 11.10.2010 at 02:33.
Old 11.10.2010, 02:39

Read the Hoster Plugins Rules

You must give us more detailed information. For example, when do you get the "Invalid account" message?

If it is when you enter the account information in the Hosts->Advanced in JDownloader, select the line and use Refresh Accounts from the right click menu. You might have to do this several times, about 30 seconds apart.

Make sure your Antivirus is not scanning the contents of network packets. A properly working Antivirus only scans files, not the network. The antivirus may be destroying the communication of your credentials with Hotfile.

Whenever you have a problem, Upload a Log. It provides necessary information.
Old 11.10.2010, 07:18
dakosaki

anybody having problems with downloading hotfile currently? hotfile just keeps giving me the 29min waiting time...and when i checked the log, it says download quota reached
Old 11.10.2010, 13:13
Junior Loader

Please Remove the Captcha message.. it boring, absurd, and must remove or edit meter final time between downloading files Very necessary.
Old 11.10.2010, 15:14
Community Manager

@microbest
Please read my response in your thread!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 12.10.2010, 23:21
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Deliberate double post by staff member.

@ madmax2 and Freeloader,
Frequent CRC errors or downloads being cut off almost always are caused by a problem in your antivirus setup. You must make sure that your security software does not read the contents of packets downloaded by jdownloader, java, or javaw. The current recommended antivirus programs are AVI (installed without Link Scanner), MS Security Essentials, or PC Tools Free antivirus. Installing ThreatFire will strengthen any antivirus.

Web scanning (also called Link scanning) is generally only necessary for Internet Explorer and should be performed by a browser addin or plugin. Otherwise, you only have to scan executable files and scripts when they are opened.

If you are using an e-mail program that executes scripts within messages (such as old versions of Outlook), then either change your e-mail program or set the program to initially display messages in plain text. Real messages will be mostly understandable text (and possibly images). If an e-mail is all images or contains scripts it is almost always Spam.
hi,
i don't have any antivirus.

also it doesn't happen all the time.
I noticed it only happen with the file that is 400mb as show in the log i posted and when i was also torrenting at the same time and downloading also from another hoster using jd downloader.

and u didn't answer my question about whether the file is damaged if it saids crc error, in a multi 7z archive, does that mean the file is no good now?

Last edited by madmax2; 12.10.2010 at 23:39.
Old 13.10.2010, 09:33

1) You are apparently overloading your download connection. This can cause problems, especially with large files. The internet software and JD try to minimize errors, but they happen.

Although I have tested JD while running uTorrent at the same time, we advise against running JD with a torrent client. You could try setting the download speed for each program to around half of your total download speed.

2) If JD says CRC error, then the hash code does not match what the host said it should. This usually means that at least part of the file is damaged. If 7z says CRC error, then at least part of the file is damaged, but you can probably extract most of the file (you might have to try repairing the archive).

If you can figure out which volume is bad, you should download it again if possible.

3) Several viruses randomly change bits in downloaded data, data in memory, or data on disk. If you are not running any antivirus (at least when you open new files or run Internet Explorer), you should get an antivirus disk from a computer known to be virus free and scan your computer. I recommend using the Repair Disk from PandaSoftware.com. It is a free program that you download and burn to a CD. You then boot from the CD and the antivirus scan will run.

After checking for viruses, you should download and install low impact antivirus and IDS programs. See General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Choosing and Using Security Software.
Old 14.10.2010, 12:24
LagaV

Hi threre, just a quick question: I have a Hotfile Premium Account. Since earlier this week I'm just getting about 150 KB/s max. download speed. Before that it was mostly around 2.5 to 5 MB/s. Is anybody else also exploring this kind of slowdown. jDownloader is not the bottleneck. I see the same speed issues with a Firefox download.
Old 14.10.2010, 14:56
JD Adviser

i was downloading 15kb/s yesterday as a free user, didn't have download speed THAT slow before even in peak hours, so probably they are doing something. (i didn't test with firefox yet)
Old 14.10.2010, 17:39
Black Hole

Default hotfile langsam

hi
ich habe premium accounts von hotfile, rapidshare und netload. seit gestern sind die hotfile downloads extrem langsam. hat jemand ähnliche probleme?
Old 14.10.2010, 19:22
JD VIP

Yep, slow speed for Hotfile-DL as a premium user as well. Since 2 days. Other hosts like RS at full internet connetion speed on the same machine.
Old 14.10.2010, 20:47
funkymonk

+1 user here experiencing very slow hotfile speeds, like 40KB/s on each file. Don't think it's a jdownloader issue though.
Old 14.10.2010, 20:48
he1nz1

Default me2

HF about 12 kb/s with premium enabled, as free user 100 kb/s + ... weird. all other hosters fullspeed...

c´est nul a chier
Old 15.10.2010, 10:31
LagaV

Thanks for the feedback.

I yesterday did some testing and found out that with a US VPN connection open my download speed with hotfile go up again to about 1.5 MB/s - I suppose this is the limit the VPN provider delivers.

My first guess was that my ISP or some interconnections provider is throttling hotfile.

LagaV
Old 15.10.2010, 10:32
steelrod

Default hotfile downloads

reduce your download count to say 10
reduce your conectioons to say 10

then gradually increase both during your session
Old 15.10.2010, 14:27

Reduce your Max. Con. to 1
If you are premium, reduce your Max.Dls. to around 4.
See General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Optimizing your Number of Connections.

Hotfile uses Cache servers to provide better service in various parts of the world. Their Cache servers are having trouble, so Hotfile is downloading much slower and the speed depends on where you are.
Old 15.10.2010, 16:47
tenchi

Default hotfile (premium) slow, others (RS premium, NL premium) ok

hello,

as written in the subject line - have problems with HF for the last ~2 days too, DL is around 10-40kb/sec.

RS, NL and share-cx are 5-12megabyte/second (as usual), just hotfile seems to have a big problem.

i do not have VPN, i do have a permanent dedicated 100/100 mbit line at home. tried a different OS too. tried at work too.

reducing "max dl/max connection" did not help - i have the same performance problem when downloading one single file using browser too...

kind regards,
tenchi
Old 15.10.2010, 18:47
superjaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchi View Post
hello,

as written in the subject line - have problems with HF for the last ~2 days too, DL is around 10-40kb/sec.

RS, NL and share-cx are 5-12megabyte/second (as usual), just hotfile seems to have a big problem.

i do not have VPN, i do have a permanent dedicated 100/100 mbit line at home. tried a different OS too. tried at work too.

reducing "max dl/max connection" did not help - i have the same performance problem when downloading one single file using browser too...

kind regards,
tenchi
I have the exact same problem, any solutions out there?
Old 15.10.2010, 20:17
fma16

The JD team cannot solve this problem, because it's a global problem with Hotfile.
Please contact the Hotfile hotline

L'équipe de JD ne peut pas résoudre ce problème, puisque cela n'a rien a voir avec le logiciel. Veuillez contacter directement Hotfile.
Old 15.10.2010, 22:13
Polish Supporter

Tooooooooo many users for this hosting and their infrastructure seams to be balancing on the edge...
They should invest some money in their servers....
Old 16.10.2010, 07:24

I believe it is because Hotfile's Cache server network has problems. They know about the problems and are working on them. Apparently, the problem is worst in Europe.

If I were a Hotfile Premium subscriber, I would send a message to Hotfile support.
Old 16.10.2010, 14:47
he1nz1

thanks
Old 17.10.2010, 15:39
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Although I have tested JD while running uTorrent at the same time, we advise against running JD with a torrent client. You could try setting the download speed for each program to around half of your total download speed.
My advice is running Azureus. I'm always running both Azureus and jD simultaneously.

Last edited by remi; 17.10.2010 at 15:58. Reason: typo
Old 22.10.2010, 07:34
Vacuum Cleaner

Hi, could anyone help me please? Whenever i try to insert my hotfile username to the premium account options, it will always tell me that the account is invalid.
But the username and password insert are valid.
And it says, that files are not found but they are valid links!!!!
Any help? Thanks
Old 22.10.2010, 13:46
remi

Can you please provide some example links?

If you tested your account details in your browser, please remove your account from jD and add it again.
Old 22.10.2010, 14:37
Vacuum Cleaner

Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
this test link uploaded by me just gives that error... and EVERY LINK!!!!!!!!!
And no i'm not going to give piracy links... every link is the same... so i test it with a test file! LOL pwned
Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Can you please provide some example links?

If you tested your account details in your browser, please remove your account from jD and add it again.
of course i've done that! -.-
Old 22.10.2010, 14:52
remi

Please, provide a complete and detailed log, together with the example links you're trying to download.

(The example link you gave, is on-line in freeloader mode.)
Old 23.10.2010, 00:17

Zylor,

We cannot diagnose the problem without at least 3 links and a log using those links.
We also need to know your security software (firewall, antivirus, and so on), download speed, Max.Con., your ISP, and your country.

The directions for uploading a log properly are linked to in my signature.

Before you post in a forum, read the forum rules and search for a helpful prior discussion.

Given your symptoms and your inability to open a valid link link that remi and I could download, I think you have a communication problem with Hotfile (ISP filter, antivirus, or firewall).
Old 24.10.2010, 15:10
ronmoho

Default Hotfile premium problem

I have started using Hotfile premium today and begin the download, a speed of the download was fine until it got about half way and then it dropped significantly from around 200KB to no more than 20KB(per link). I believe that the number next to speed is the no. of connection I notice that it seem to lose one of its connection when the speed dropping happen. Can you help me get around this? Is there anyway to only use one connection?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (25.2 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (24.5 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by ronmoho; 24.10.2010 at 15:25.
Old 24.10.2010, 15:26
fma16

I think it's because Hotfile had some problems with his bandwith. Please read : http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=19317
Old 24.10.2010, 16:28
ronmoho

But I can download just fine without using premium account. I think it may be related to the no. of connections since using free account limited you to use only one connection per file. I'm trying to get the premium account to use only one connection instead of two as shown in my above attachment but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me with this please?

Last edited by ronmoho; 24.10.2010 at 16:52.
Old 25.10.2010, 05:38

Set Max.Con.=1 at the bottom of the page.
Old 27.10.2010, 13:00
ronmoho

Thank you. The problem has been solved now(for me) so I think I may let anyone who have the same problem as me know too.

If you experience a slow download from using Hotfile premium like suddenly significantly speed dropping(e.g. max to 10KB) whether from having more than one connection or after the lost of a connection. You may try this.

-Before start downloading set "Max. Con." at the bottom to 1
** If you have any download running before setting Max. Con to 1(e.g. 2) you need to reset those download first(stop and resume won't work) because JD will still remember the old setting of that download.

-Do NOT resume download. If you happen to have lose the connection while not finished downloading yet just reset the download and start again.
Closed Thread