JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 21.01.2012, 05:50
smd

Default Unexpected behaviour when auto-extracting archive and file already present

If JD is set to auto-extract a file that is in (split) RAR format, and the file has already been (partly) extracted to the same location before the download finishes and is in use, when the download finishes JD will try to extract the archive and will fail (because the file already exists and is in use so it can't be overwritten) without an error message, and will subsequently delete the RAR files if set to do so after (successful) extraction. The result is that the user will be left with partially extracted file only, since the complete archive (RARs) will be deleted after the extract fails.

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.01.2012 at 16:14.
Old 21.01.2012, 06:54
invister

why don't you disable the automatic extraction?
Old 21.01.2012, 10:21
remi

Cool

@smd

I wouldn't touch files that you want jD to auto-extract. If you want to manually extract do what invister recommends.
Old 21.01.2012, 12:42
JD Manager

you should not try to extract the files yourself and then wonder why another extraction process fails! wait till the download is finished and jd extracts the files
if you want to extract them during download, then please to somewhere else , so the file locks dont interfere with the extraction addon
Old 23.01.2012, 13:01
JD Legend

I'll often extract a file from the first part of an archive, just to see if it's really what I want.
(Most video files can be played, even if incomplete.)
But I take care to extract the (partial) file) to another directory to avoid such conflicts.