JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.01.2016, 06:12
English Supporter

weird two of my posts didnt submit this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWT10 View Post
I thought SSL was now used mostly by default due to all the filtering going on out there? Much the same way https: is as websites transition over to it.
ssl can be used to bypass non crypted filtering, but not always required for download servers since they might not be blocked. For example download servers are on different subdomains or domains, so harder to block random URI they're not aware of.

also hosters don't send finallink data via https typically because it requires more cpu power on the fileserver and more traffic due to overheads introduced by encryption. So more cost to the hosting company.

Quote:
Oh I agree, but VPN is being used more and more for additional privacy. The trend is quite the opposite from what these users of Cloudfare think.
trend, maybe for people who have something to hide? or who are suspect of big brother. Still say majority of people don't and cloudflare couldn't treat VPN/Proxies due to the unknown (how many users|not knowing the are hosting those services)

Quote:
Well isn't that what I said? Or is there something additional I should know about that I left out?
I was agreeing with you and adding some more info.

Quote:
It's the only browser I use. With the possible exception of Opera, you're not going to get any privacy using Chrome or any of the other Chromium-based offshoots. I consider Chrome to be spyware, plain & simple.
I'm still using opera12 also, but its getting long in the tooth. New opera is just a chrome clone which I don't like, missing all the features that I heavily use in 12.

Quote:
Probably not, but at the very least, they're going to get another billionth complaint about it.
;p

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 22.01.2016, 08:31
Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
trend, maybe for people who have something to hide? or who are suspect of big brother.
No, actually VPN services are a growth industry. People used to take some measure of privacy for granted. Not anymore.

Besides, paranoids who have something to really hide would probably use something ridiculous like Tor and paint a scarlet letter around themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Still say majority of people don't and cloudflare couldn't treat VPN/Proxies due to the unknown (how many users|not knowing the are hosting those services)
With Premium accounts, it shouldn't matter since my user name and password logs into their service. There's no need for them to use a location service unless they actively want to track people.

Quote:
I'm still using opera12 also, but its getting long in the tooth. New opera is just a chrome clone which I don't like, missing all the features that I heavily use in 12.
So whattyagonnado? Go back to IE?

lol...
Old 22.01.2016, 09:12
English Supporter

Quote:
No, actually VPN services are a growth industry. People used to take some measure of privacy for granted. Not anymore.

Besides, paranoids who have something to really hide would probably use something ridiculous like Tor and paint a scarlet letter around themselves.
was more so a joke, I understand the need for them.

Quote:
With Premium accounts, it shouldn't matter since my user name and password logs into their service. There's no need for them to use a location service unless they actively want to track people.
unfortunately for you, it does matter. antiddos providers sit in front of given web services. you are blocked based on algos/rules/patterns defined by cloudflare (and somewhat the website) based on geolocation/subnets/volume of requests, just to name a few things they would be working on. Block is done regardless if you're paying customer or not.

Quote:
So whattyagonnado? Go back to IE?

lol...
haven't used IE in decades, other than to update xp.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]