JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.01.2021, 10:03
Mega Loader

Default Insert dynamic variable to be used only at download time?

I noticed that when you submit a package to Jdownloader2 using the MyJdownloader plugin from a browser, that the "Save To" can have a dynamic variable like
Code:
<JD:Packagename>
and have it only be evaluated at download time. I can change the package name and nothing will happen to the path, and it appears to not get evaluated until the download happens.

If I try to use insert that same variable myself as part of the path when editing the path or creating a download package myself, the variable is evaluated immediately to whatever the package name is. Is it possible to insert the variable manually, and have it behave the same as from the plugin, i.e. not evaluate to the current value right away?

Thank you!
Old 05.01.2021, 13:03
JD Manager

This dynamic tag is only evaluated in Linkgrabber section.
Once you move the links to Downloadlist, the dynamic tag is replaced by its actual value.

The dynamic tag is case sensitive ! and must be
Quote:
<jd:packagename>
tags are only supported in Linkgrabber. Once moved to Downloadlist they are all replaced by their actual values
Old 05.01.2021, 18:32
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
This dynamic tag is only evaluated in Linkgrabber section.
Once you move the links to Downloadlist, the dynamic tag is replaced by its actual value.
In LinkGrabber is where I'm talking about. I'm not clear exactly why/when it happens, but most of the time when the value is substituted immdiately inside the LinkGrabber if I am editing the path manually (it never happens for a package sent from a browser with the token set as part of the path).

For instance, if a package were called "test" the current download path could be:
/downloads/something
if I try to change that to:
Code:
/downloads/<jd:packagename>
it will perform the substitution immediately, and it will set the path, in LinkGrabber, to
/downloads/test
Old 05.01.2021, 18:40
JD Manager

You will not be able to see the dynamic tag in table, but when you rename the package, the folder should also change with dynamic tag in place. The substitution will happen immediately but internally the dyamic tag still exists.
I will update tooltip of directory column to also show the dynamic path

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.01.2021 at 18:43.
Old 05.01.2021, 18:45
Mega Loader

An additional behavior I've just noticed...it seems like this visually happens when I first click on a package and change the path from a static path to the path with the variable, the substitution is reflected right away.

If I then change it again to contain the variable, it will keep the variable.
BUT...if I click on a different package, and click back to the same package again, it will show the path as a static path, having performed the substitution at that point.

This is all within the LinkGrabber...so to summarize in steps to repeat:
  1. Select a package with a static "Save To" destination.
  2. Change the destination to include the jd:packagename variable. JD performs the substitution visibly immediately.
  3. Without changing packages, change the destination to include the variable again. It will keep the variable this time.
  4. Select a different package.
  5. Return to the package attempting to use the variable- it will show the path as static, with the substitution having occurred.

All that said, now that I can get it to act predictably for me, I can work with that. I just have to remember to make sure to set the package name first before I try and insert the variable into the path.

Thanks!
Old 05.01.2021, 18:46
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You will not be able to see the dynamic tag in table, but when you rename the package, the folder should also change with dynamic tag in place. The substitution will happen immediately but internally the dyamic tag still exists.
I will update tooltip of directory column to also show the dynamic path
Ah, ok! That explains what I'm seeing in my follow on post. Thank you!
Old 05.01.2021, 19:09
JD Manager

Update will be available in next 5 minutes, then the tooltip in directory column will show the dynamic tags if there are any