JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.10.2022, 02:57
Mega Loader

Default Downloads stuck at 100%

Sometimes, all running downloads get stuck when they reach 100% (their status doesn't change to "Finished"). The next downloads in the list don't start.

When I click on the settings icon at the bottom right, the status of those dowloads changes to "Finished" and the next downloads start. This is very weird.

Also choosing to skip one of the stuck downloads un-freezes the other stuck downloads.

What are possible reasons? Some time ago, there was a bugfix or workaround for the same or a similar problem, and the reason had something to do with JDownloader using outdated info about the file size, as far as I recall.
Old 02.10.2022, 11:03
JD Manager

@SMS: Please provide a log and example links, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
wait for this issue to happen again and then create log and post logID here.

Without logs we can't tell what is going on or why or how to solve it
Old 02.10.2022, 16:12
Mega Loader

Here is a log of this problem happening three times with my JDownloader settings:
02.10.22 14.48.20 <--> 02.10.22 14.48.20 jdlog://8220311370661/

(The listed times are misleading. I selected two time slots, one of them ends at 02.10.22 14.48.20, the other one begins at that time, and here we see the end of the first one and the beginning of the second one rather than the other way around.)

With default settings (a fresh copy of JDownloader), I couldn't reproduce the download problem. Maybe it's related to my settings.

Last edited by SMS; 02.10.2022 at 21:25.
Old 03.10.2022, 11:14
JD Manager

@SMS: maybe you can create a fresh log? restart JDownloader, just reproduce the issue without other activity (downloading other files or adding stuff..) and then create log.
that way it would be easier to analyze smaller log.
Old 03.10.2022, 11:16
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
With default settings (a fresh copy of JDownloader), I couldn't reproduce the download problem. Maybe it's related to my settings.
Have you tried to remove/add the links again? I don't think it is related to settings as I don't know a setting that could cause this. I think it's more coincidence, for example now a different final server is in use that doesn't have this problem.
Old 04.03.2023, 14:16
Mega Loader

Yes, I tried removing and adding the links again. (Not during the log.) I have this problem with various servers for years now.

As far as I recall, I tried to reduce the activity during that log as far as I could. How diverse is the activity in that log? Can you see in the log how the downloads freeze and un-freeze?

I don't remember which files I was downloading during that log (in order to try to make another log with them; also, you mentioned a different final server). The files I'm currently downloading freeze less often. Freezing is still bad, but a new log would probably be longer due to the less frequent freezing...

Last edited by SMS; 06.04.2023 at 14:38.
Old 06.04.2023, 14:32
JD Supporter

@SMS: Whenever a download/connection freezes, please do the following, open the *create log* dialog and close it and do this several times. this will log thread stacktraces of all running threads and thus we can see where the thread/connection is hanging/freezing. and then create new log and post/send us logID. I'm sorry but without fresh log I can't really tell what might be going on/might be the reason. Doesn't make sense to me to guess about it
Old 06.04.2023, 14:52
JD Supporter

@SMS: large logs with lots of different/unnecessary activity, it takes long time to look for *interesting* parts. Thus we ask for fresh logs that primarily show/contain the reported issue without any other activity that just enlarges logs.
Old 06.04.2023, 21:30
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice View Post
@SMS: Whenever a download/connection freezes, please do the following, open the *create log* dialog and close it and do this several times.
Several times during the same frozen download? Or one log for one frozen download, then another log for another frozen download etc.?
Old 14.04.2023, 17:27
JD Supporter

Quote:
Several times during the same frozen download? Or one log for one frozen download, then another log for another frozen download etc.?
sorry for late response :(

several times for the same frozen download, that way the log contains several *just in time* snapshots/views of what is going on. For example one call to OS can be *stuck* , then several snapshots/views would show the same OS method. But also it might be some other cause, then several snapshots/views could give hints what is going on/what JDownloader is doing/waiting for.
Old 27.04.2023, 21:43
Mega Loader

I don't know how to make one log stop logging and another log start logging.

Here's a bunch of logs from a freshly downloaded copy of JDownloader where this problem occurred most of the time. The problem has occurred with many other web domains in the past.

27.04.23 13.37.10 <--> 26.04.23 19.07.26 jdlog://5894311370661/
Old 28.04.2023, 17:09
JD Supporter

Quote:
I don't know how to make one log stop logging and another log start logging.
I'm sorry but what do you mean by that? I was asking to just open/close the *Create log* dialog several times without actual creating/sending a log. After 4-5 times, then create a log as usual

Log has no sign of running download while log creation? It's important to create the log the moment the problem occurs.

Last edited by notice; 28.04.2023 at 17:16.
Old 28.04.2023, 17:11
JD Supporter

Quote:
Here's a bunch of logs from a freshly downloaded copy of JDownloader where this problem occurred most of the time. The problem has occurred with many other web domains in the past./
I need you to create the log (as explained in my previous post) at that moment when it happens, not after it has happened.

I took some deeper look into the logs and I can see that your OS very often hangs/takes very long to list folder content or open files.
Anything special about the setup? is it local hdd/sdd or network/usb drive? does the folder have many many files/folders in it?

what are your max downloads? max downloads per host/enabled? settings?
do you have packages with many many files in it? thread dumps always showing that JDownloader is checking the package for mirrors. that's a sign for very lage packages?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 28.04.2023 at 18:08. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 28.04.2023, 23:05
Mega Loader

Thank you for looking into this!

I forgot to open and close the "Create log" dialog 4-5 times, sorry. I did do that about 2-3 times though.

The logs I uploaded together cover a large timeframe (probably hours) during which downloads were stuck most of the time (except for a few dozen occasions where I manually caused them to continue by pausing and unpausing the downloads or clicking "Resume" in the context menu of the stuck download).

So it's weird that you found no sign of a running download. Maybe a download that is stuck at 100% looks different in the log than a running download.

Max simultaneous downloads are 10, Max downloads per host are disabled (so also 10, but this host accepts only 1). Settings are default (JDownloader was freshly downloaded) except for "LinkCollector: Do Link Check" (but as far as I recall, enabling it doesn't solve the problem).

It's a local SSD. "Everything by voidtools" is running and would slow down the computer if lots of files were being created quickly, but that was not the case at all during stuck downloads.

The package has about 10k files. About 7k downloaded quickly, and the rest gets stuck. Every single file gets stuck forever until I do something manually (e.g. pause and unpause). But the download of one file into an empty folder also got stuck (but only when there was also the big package queued in the Downloads list). Maybe JDownloader already starts looking at the *next* file to be downloaded, and its the large folder or large number of downloaded files in the package causes the problem with the *current* download?

Last edited by SMS; 28.04.2023 at 23:07.
Old 09.05.2023, 21:00
Junior Loader

EDIT: Even with this workaround the downtime was a bit underwhelming. I remembered about jDownloader's Event Scripter extension and added a script on a 5 second interval that does the same thing as the scheduler workaround (pauses and unpauses downloads). Downtime is now nearly non-existent.

mgpai posted a much more beefy version here: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...&postcount=288

Mine is very simple (call interval is 5000):

Code:
//If there are (any) running downloads:
if (getRunningDownloadLinks().length) {
    //Pause downloads:
    setDownloadsPaused(true);
    //Resume downloads:
    setDownloadsPaused(false);
}

___

While not ideal this workaround might make hands-free long-running downloads a bit less painful:

I've setup two complementing Scheduler tasks which repeat every 1 minutes. The first task's action is "Pause Downloads". The second is "Unpause Downloads". They appear to fire in order so I never actually see pause mode active. I've also set the download speed limit of pause mode to my regular mode speed limit so speed isn't throttled for a split second if these actions fire while downloads are running smoothly.

This results in downloads working normally until they get stuck. Then they magically unstuck at 0 seconds of every minute. Which means any stuck downloads are only stuck for at most less than one minute. The reality is that downloads often get stuck in the first 15-20 seconds meaning jDownloader sits idle for 40-45 seconds reducing overall download speed by about 75%... but 25% download speed is better than 0%-except-when-I-manually-resume.

NB: I've also only noticed this happen when jDownloader is downloading at least one file from a large package (>hundreds of files). When it's downloading hundreds of packages with only a few files each it flies right through them, but if it starts to download from a large package (ie: due to host limits) all downloads will sometimes get stuck at Status:Starting with download progress at 100%.

Last edited by Mxbr23; 10.05.2023 at 09:53.