JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27.02.2012, 19:00
dj1917

Default Jdownloader no faster than IDM

Jdownloader claims it will significantly speed up d/ls yet is no faster for me than using Firefox's integrated download manager, if not even slower. I currently have a download running at 1-10 kbps, and it's estimating 2 days (!!!) to complete the d/l of a one-hour TV show. I've been getting ridiculously slow speeds, like everyone else, since the MU debacle, but this is even worse. Is there some setting I need to change, or is it just pointless?

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.02.2012 at 19:27.
Old 27.02.2012, 19:09
English Supporter

What speed is your internet ? virus/firewall software is known to slow down jd. Connection settings inside jd can increase download speeds (maybe increase these? max dl , max con per file, but do not set too many connections that your internet can not handle will just cause socket errors and downloads will stop and restart depending if the hoster allows resuming.).

Personally I do not have any problems with 'speeds'. With plugin development I usually get 100-200KB/sec for free downloads on most hosters.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 27.02.2012, 19:27
JD Manager

JDownloader can speed up downloads by using multiple connections where possible (often only in premium mode) and of course if the host/connection has room for more speed. When the hoster is overloaded or speed limited, then jdownloader can't load faster of course.
Old 27.02.2012, 20:01
dj1917

How is this solved? So what you're saying is that Jdownloader's a waste of time? At least I avoided all the adware. Uninstalling.
Old 27.02.2012, 20:08
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

dj1917, Firefox shows the wrong speed because it shows the current maximal speed which will always be higher than the average speed. And JDownloader shows the average speed.
Firefox won't download faster than JD, we promise. Just put java.exe and javaw.exe on the exception list of your firewall and antivirus software.
Don't uninstall JD, be fair!
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!

Last edited by Think3r; 27.02.2012 at 20:11.
Old 27.02.2012, 20:10
JD Manager

JDownloader loads as fast as possible. Speed in Jdownloader >= Browser, because JDownloader can use multiple connections when possible where the browser only uses 1
Old 28.02.2012, 01:53
English Supporter

Interesting how the subject indicates IDM then never once referenced IDM inside the post. Think we have given you all the relivant info required to solve your speed issues. JD will download fast when the hoster lets you, and when your system settings allow (firewall/antivirus). Adjusting the max con, max dl settings will increase speeds as indicated.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 28.02.2012, 18:19
Community Manager

Haha i just saw that IDM advertises with giving you up to 500% more speed than other downloadmanagers.
I wonder how much of the speed they show is fake

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.02.2012, 18:00
bobbyb

Any download manager that uses more than one server connection will be faster than a download manager that only uses 1 connection per server, in general. Some sites/servers might not support more than 1 connection. With some sites/servers you can get max speed with only one connection. I have seen many sites/servers that I can get max speed with only 1 connection and have seen many sites that one connection was slow but when I increased the number of connections it maxed out my download speed. I use JDownloader because it can grab the links and using Captcha Brotherhood or CaptchaTrader it will solve the captchas and start the downloads automatically. As far as I know IDM cannot do that. With IDM and other download managers they only work with file hosts if you have a premium account. JDownloader does it all. Works with free or paid host and as a general download manager.
Old 01.03.2012, 16:39
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj1917 View Post
Jdownloader claims it will significantly speed up d/l
Really? Where does it claim that?

It saves you a lot of clicking and typing. But the actual downloads run at the same speed as a browser download would.

If you paid someone to sit at your PC and click through all the crap at each host site to get to the download, you'd get the same result.
Old 01.03.2012, 19:42
bobbyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
Really? Where does it claim that?

It saves you a lot of clicking and typing. But the actual downloads run at the same speed as a browser download would.

If you paid someone to sit at your PC and click through all the crap at each host site to get to the download, you'd get the same result.
Actually JDownloader will download faster than what your browser can if you cannot get the max download speed from one connection.
Old 01.03.2012, 20:07
Community Manager

Yes but downloading with multiple connection is no magic way to get more speed (other downloadmanagers claim doing that would be sooo special).

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.03.2012, 15:20
amritbanerjee

Default Download speed does alter

I am an ardent fan of Jdownloader but my speed with IDM goes upto 900kbps whereas it stays at 30kbps for jdownloader. This is a what happens when I download form Jumbofiles.com!! I am puzzled. I have set my max connections to 15. I just feel that Jdownloader is not using multiple connections for jumbofiles. Correct me if I am wrong!!
Old 03.03.2012, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritbanerjee View Post
I am an ardent fan of Jdownloader but my speed with IDM goes upto 900kbps whereas it stays at 30kbps for jdownloader. This is a what happens when I download form Jumbofiles.com!! I am puzzled. I have set my max connections to 15. I just feel that Jdownloader is not using multiple connections for jumbofiles. Correct me if I am wrong!!
Oh my god, you are wrong! 15 connections....this will result in writing to disk errors! Please reduce the number of connections to 1 or 2 and increase the number of downloads. Are you using premium? Did you enter the account in JD?
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 04.03.2012, 19:28
JD Addict

i dont know why jdownloader can not handle 15 connections

multiple connection is very recommended with country who have poor internet connection (around 100kB/sec), like me from indonesian

if i download with good host, like mediafire,microsoft,youtube, you just need 3-4 connection

but if host have poor international connection, like CH,TW
each connection can get 10-15kBps
so,i must raise number of connection to 16 to get MAXIMUM SPEED

for direct http link, i prefer use IDM because number of connection and queue option
for hoster site like mediafire,etc i use Jdownloader

queue option in IDM no matter what, its always try to resume link, IDM never stop downloading even you dont have internet

another problem in JDownloader dont have queue system like IDM, before sleep, i always put link,at morning ,im very disappointed, my download task is disable because file not found, WTF?? I MUST manually ENABLE and resume/start download again,sometime get message like no internet connection?must wait xx minute, im very disappointed

with queue system IDM, my download task always complete
IDM never disappointed me

to all for JDownloader developer, all of download manager offer multiple connection, but the main point, which download manager can finish your download task?
Old 05.03.2012, 03:12
JD English Support (inactive)

If you are getting File Not Found please supply links and a Log (required for all problem reports). Make sure the link actually exists in a browser.

Please read the Optimizing your internet connection and Optimizing the number of connections in the self help index.

If your connection speed is 100kB/sec (900 K bits/second), multiple connections will not speed this up. Rather, it tends to overload your system software (OS, antivirus, firewall, and so on). A few ISPs limit the speed of each connection, but this is rare (and only requires maximum connections set to about 3).

JDownloader is designed to download a queue of files. For non-premium users, sometimes no connection may be available. The stable version of JDownloader handles this differently for different hosts and does not always handle it well.

The next release of JDownloader handles these problems much better. You can run a test version of the next release by installing Nightly. However, this is updated every few days and is occasionally broken.

In general, users who subscribe to a host get better download results, regardless of the software used. Mediafire is the only host I know about that allows more than one connection for free users.
Old 05.03.2012, 09:12
JD Addict

If you are getting File Not Found please supply links and a Log (required for all problem reports). Make sure the link actually exists in a browser.

the problem is not cause by jdownloader, its cause by internet connection or hoster problem

hoster/my internet maybe poor, but WHY, WHY must disable my download task ?
if no internet connection, wait for xx minute no big problem, but with disable download task,my download task never complete until i enable again

and about optimize internet connection
i dont care what about you say, but in my experience,like indonesian internet connection, more multiple connection is better than single connection

about nightly , i will test
Old 05.03.2012, 09:36
lorotelu

ente pakai auto reconnect nggak? kalau pakai auto reconnect, nggak perlu nunggu kan.
apalagi kalau pakai captcha brotherhood. nggak perlu nulis recaptcha saat download.
ane pakai jd lancar-lancar saja tuh. max connection paling 1 sampai 4. max download 1.

maksudnya downloadnya lemot banget terus disable gitu ya?
kalau ane download kecepatannya 15-20 KB/s ke bawah, mending nggak.
cari yang 40-50 KB/s ke atas.

Last edited by lorotelu; 05.03.2012 at 09:44.
Old 05.03.2012, 19:00
JD Addict

udah di pakai reconnect mas, tapi tetap saja, perlu nunggu nunggu
ga tau kenapa kadang kadang ke disable sendiri dengan alasan file not found, tetapi klo di enalbe terus di download kembali jalan

gini aja deh, loe coba pakai jdownloader, sambil download coba matikan internet loe terus sambung kembali, apa yg terjadi? walaupun loe download direct link tetap saja

makanya ini JDownloader agak ribut

captcha? hampir semua situs situs menggunakan redcaptcha, alias tidak bisa otomatis, musti input manual
Old 05.03.2012, 22:17

Please speak English, guys!
thecpu, you are wrong! It won't increase your speed, just think about it for a second! It just seems to be faster due to the speed display but it isn't! Anyway, don't wonder about CRC errors or other disk errors, then!
Greetz

Support Chat

Closed Thread