JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 06.06.2010, 02:29
matmat07

Default megaupload slower with jdownloader

At first downloading file with jdownloader seemed to be slower than usual. I tried to download it manually and it got a lot faster. I got back to jdownloader and it's still slow.
Old 06.06.2010, 04:19
matmat07

nvm, somehow everything is working again
Old 06.06.2010, 04:27
pauldmps

For free users, MU (& some other hosts) initially give you full speed say for the first few files of the package & then start to throttle down speed as the same IP keeps on downloading files continuously.

When you download with your browser, the server gets a request from another agent (the browser in this case) & again gives full speed. But if you download (say about 10) files continuously using a browser, you'll find that the speed decreases.

All of these are my personal observations. So I may be wrong.
Old 06.06.2010, 12:46
Community Manager

If they really use the browser (useragent) so slow the speeds down we coiuld use random browsers in jd as a test.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.06.2010, 13:10
pauldmps

Well, you could try that.

From my observations (as I said, I may be wrong) MU does throttle down speed for free users. That's why I suggested a feature to reconnect if speed is less than some given value in a separate thread.
Old 06.06.2010, 22:27
JD Adviser

i download most of the time with full speed (have 10MBit/s) from MU with JD, last time i downloaded 30+ 100MB files until i reached the limits. but sometimes i am downloading 30kb/s, don't know why. when i restart the download few times, it's on full speed again. i think someone mentioned the problem on the boards, but i can't find it...
Old 07.06.2010, 04:26
JD English Support (inactive)

Are you a free user or a premium (paying) user?

If you are a free user, MU will slow your downloadng when MU is busy. The answer is to download from several hosts, and not just one.
Old 08.06.2010, 08:40
Mega Loader

I am a premium user and Megaupload is slower and it keeps getting socket timeout errors.. in fact all my premium accounts are getting socket timeout errors in Jdownloader but I can download from all the accounts with no issue using DownThemAll! in Firefox.
Old 13.06.2010, 11:02
remi

Please read about "How to solve socket timeout problems".
Old 14.06.2010, 07:45

Good advice. This is why the Megaupload premium plugin is now limited to Maximum Connections per file=5. This is still too high, but most people do not time out with it.

You also have to be careful about the maximum total connections (connections per file times the number of files you are downloading). This is discussed in detail in Optimizing your number of connections.

Basically, if your total download speed is 300 KBytes/sec, then you should avoid over six total connections. Remi's advice of Maximum Connections per file <= 2 and limiting Maximum Downloads to 3 or 4 will keep your timeout problems away.

Often, when a premium member connects to a site and gets a slow connection, it is because the site is using older hardware (usually reserved for free users) in order to give you a connection. This is not throttling, but a Host that is growing faster than it can install hardware.
Old 14.06.2010, 14:00
Mega Loader

Yeah reducing the number of connections.. helped alot and no I'm not a free user, but still made a difference. Also when using pause it sets the speed to 10 but doesn't seem to reset it back when unpausing so another thread someone pointed that out and that helped alot so the speed was also so slow that it would time out from excessive download time. I think the pause feature needs reworking because if you manually unpause a single file it still has the speed set causing alot of issues. Currently now that I know that I manually go down and change it back to 0.
Old 14.06.2010, 14:08
remi

Please, don't start discussing the same issue in two threads. I've only one head and I'm watching the world cup.

Look here for my reply.
Old 15.06.2010, 00:22

The number of connections normally only affects premium users.

I have never seen a problem with unpausing in JD. Unfortunately, that is not something that is shown in the log. What version of Java are you using (remi's question)? Also, what version of the OS? Have you run a virus scan, root kit scan, and SFC lately (to check your OS)?

I changed the Pause Speed in my copy of jdownloader to 1/2 my overall download speed. This leaves enough download capacity for other programs and does not cause Connection Lost problems in JD.

If you are sure your system is OK, please text the pausing and unpausing in the Nightly release. To do this, install JD to a different directory (for example, c:\jdnightly). Then open a command window in that directory and enter the following:
java -Xmx512m -jar jdupdate.jar -reset -branch NIGHTLY

You can check to see if the pause/unpause work properly in the new version this way. As long as they are in different directories, you can run several copies of JDownloader at the same time. If they are actually executing at the same time, then the links should not be shared.

To run a rootkit scan, download and install pctools.com threatfire. This is like an antivirus, but it deals with different issues (you can run it with your antivirus). The scan is a rootkit scan.

To run an SFC check, open a command window and type SFC /SCANNOW
It might ask for your system install CD if a file has changed that is not saved on the hard drive. Reboot after running this.

Overall, it sounds like things are coming together for you.

drbits