JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.11.2016, 22:58
Tornado

Default Remove max concurrent download limit

Currently, (or perhaps because I have a really old jd2 install, but I'll assume for the sake of this post that it still exists) there is a hard limit in the configuration engine to prevent you from adding more than 20 concurrent automatic downloads.

This is not good in a world with 100s of megabit connections. Even many usenet providers expect this and allow you to connect 30 or more connections at a time.

I'd highly recommend removing this limitation, it is more of a hindrance than a benefit at this time from my perspective.
Old 09.11.2016, 12:59
JD Manager

JDownloader allows up to 20 max downloads with 20 max connections each. That are max 400 downloads.

In case you refer to usenet support. At the moment there is no chunk(multiple connection) support (yet). I'm working on this. That's why at the moment you are limited to 20 max usenet downloads.

You can customize these limits with DomainRules (use board search). There you can set higher max downloads limits for specific urls/services...

There are no plans to increase the default limits as this can easily (and too often happens) lead to download issues or firewall blocks.
Old 09.11.2016, 18:14
Tornado

I understand the logic, but it is a limitation especially with sites that only allow one download per IP. If one can proxy through hundreds of IPs one can hack around the limitation, but its an annoyance.
Old 10.11.2016, 10:19
JD Manager

Proxies/VPN do not increase your bandwidth. And as I already explained you can increase limits yourself by creating DomainRules for your needs.
The limit has nothing to do with the sites. It is more about that most ppl think more connections are better and then wonder why 400 connections cause issues

Your scenario about multiple proxies/vpns to bypass free user limits is the same. It only makes sense to have more than 20 downloads if those 20 downloads don't saturate your connection bandwidth.
Old 10.11.2016, 22:12
Tornado

agreed, but if one has 100Mbps connection and wants to use proxies to bypass free user limits where each download is limited to 50KBps, so 20 connections will only let you get to around ~10Mbps.

I'll search for domainrules, first I heard about them here.
Old 10.11.2016, 22:16
Tornado

what's the syntax for domain rules, all I see is the [ { <rule definition> } ] i.e. how does one specify rules for multiple domains? [ {}, {} ] or [ { } ], [ { } ] or something else
Old 11.11.2016, 15:56
JD Manager

Syntax is JSON
[{...}] 1 Rule
[{...},{....}] 2 Rules
[{...},{....},{...}] 3 Rules
Old 11.11.2016, 15:58
JD Manager

In case you need further help, you can write here or send an email to support@jdownloader.org