JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.12.2020, 10:19
Bandwidth Beast

Default change what copies: context menu Copy Information

Is there a way to customize that setting?
Attached Images
File Type: png Clipboard044.png (35.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 24.12.2020, 11:00
Script Master

Customize menu: Example
Old 24.12.2020, 13:21
JD Manager

@mgpai: Thanks for fast help!

Merry christmans!

@NesteaZen: In case you need further help, just ask
Old 24.12.2020, 15:01
Bandwidth Beast

omg. seriously, I'm getting old.
but tbh it's not very intuitive. while (somewhat) logical there was no entry in Advanced settings. anyway, thanks

frohe weihnachten und danke für die ganzen Jahre an Arbeit
Old 28.12.2020, 12:00
JD Manager

@NesteaZen:
you can customize all actions/complete context menu in menu editor and because you can add same action multiple times with different settings/options, single entry in advanced settings would be no good place for them.
Old 03.01.2021, 13:21
Wind Gust

I have a problem related to this. How do you remove the keyboard shortcut from Copy Information?

There's a Copy Only URL menu item which I added. That has CTRL+C, which is what I want.

I still have the original Copy Information that exists by default (which copies type,name,url). I want to to keep that too.

The problem is, I wouldn't use it often so I don't want there to be a keyboard shortcut to activate it. How do you set that to blank/nothing?

Pressing escape sets the shortcut to Escape and pressing backspace sets the shortcut to Backspace. For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the keyboard shortcut entirely.

EDIT: I tried selecting everything in the box under Shortcut, right clicking, and choosing Cut. That did nothing.

Doing the same, but with Delete, makes the box under Shortcut entirely blank. But when you hit Apply or Save the shortcut which had been there comes back again, even though the box was blank before you hit Save or Apply.

It doesn't seem like there's any way to remove a shortcut which actually works. Should I post this in the Bugs section instead?

Last edited by plip; 03.01.2021 at 13:28.
Old 04.01.2021, 10:22
Bandwidth Beast

Quote:
The problem is, I wouldn't use it often so I don't want there to be a keyboard shortcut to activate it. How do you set that to blank/nothing?
kind of an odd request. I'd like to know more. Do you randomly press key combinations? or this just some kind of OCD type of thing?
Old 04.01.2021, 11:24
Wind Gust

I want Copy Only URL as Ctrl+C because that's something I end up using sometimes often.

I don't have any need for the original Copy Information to have a keyboard shortcut because I'd use it very infrequently. But it is useful occasionally so I don't want to delete it.

Okay, so the simple thing in this situation would be to just remove the keyboard shortcut from the original Copy Information. But you can't for some reason.

What do I set the shortcut to then? Keeping it Ctrl+C would interfere with the new Copy Only URL, and I'm not even sure which would get activated when pressing Ctrl+C.

On the other hand, I don't know what the other keyboard combos are for other menu actions. I don't want to set it to something already used. But JD2 doesn't inform you if a keyboard shortcut is already used by another action.

So I have no way of knowing if what I set it to will end up interfering with something else because that keyboard combo already is used by something else too.

Really, I find it very strange that you can't just have no keyboard shortcut for a menu item. In other programs where you can rearrange menu items and change keyboard shortcuts, I don't think I've ever seen another one where it's impossible to have no keyboard shortcut assigned.

Last edited by plip; 04.01.2021 at 11:27.
Old 12.01.2021, 19:36
JD Manager

At the moment there are some hardcoded shortcuts like paste/delete/copy, that cannot be changed
Old 12.01.2021, 19:39
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip View Post
What do I set the shortcut to then? Keeping it Ctrl+C would interfere with the new Copy Only URL, and I'm not even sure which would get activated when pressing Ctrl+C.
Customized actions are processed! only default handler is used when no other action is assigned to that shortcut
Old 12.01.2021, 19:40
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip View Post
Really, I find it very strange that you can't just have no keyboard shortcut for a menu item.
You can clear the shotcut with the "reset" button right to edit field but you are right, not possible for every action

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.01.2021 at 19:43.