JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.03.2015, 09:39
Mega Loader

Default Sorting options missing

In JD 1 you could right click on any column on a package and it would give a menu option to sort by it. You could sort by file name, added date, host. progress, etc. Now the only option in the menu is sort by added date. In the linkgrabber you can click on name at the top before you move separate packages into one and the files in the new package will be order. Once you add them to download there seems to be no way to sort by file name within a package except manually sliding each file. I have tried the menu manager and added date was the only option there.
Old 04.03.2015, 09:56
JD Manager

You can sort/change view by
1.) click on column header
2.) filters at the bottom
3.) search bar at the bottom

You can sort/change order by
1.) drag drop
2.) move button
3.) rightclick in row of package , then you can sort the package according to the current column (where your mouse is at), you can sort nearly to each column
Old 04.03.2015, 11:27
Mega Loader

I don't know what you mean by filters at the bottom. I do know how to drag and drop and that seems to be the only way so sort them out if you did not click the column head in the linkgrabber before moving then into one package. The search function will not change the actual file name order in the package. If they are out of order they will still download that way.

Here is the easy way JD 1 could sort files in a package by every function. This was simple. Why not include this in JD 2?

Last edited by Oldgeezer; 04.03.2015 at 11:30.
Old 04.03.2015, 11:32
JD Manager

The 100% exact same functions are available in JDownloader 2 as well
Old 04.03.2015, 12:00
Mega Loader

Something must be wrong in my installation then. That is the right click menu I I get regardless of where I hold it on the package the way I did it in JD 1. Sort by added date is all it ever shows. It is also the ONLY sort option available in the menu manager.

Old 04.03.2015, 12:31
English Supporter

sort by .... is only shown when clicked in there respective columns. Right click in that column you can sort based on selection or within package.

if you want to change backend download order. you can do it via left click + CTRL in column heading. be aware that you can not revert this change. If you just want to look at a given sort order for the whole list without changing download order just click the column heading. This only changes view order and not download order, it also changes the columns background colour to indicate you have view order/sort order applied.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.03.2015, 12:45
Mega Loader

I am not trying to sort packages. I usually want then to stay in the order that I add them. I can drag and drop if I want to group packages together. I am wanting to multiple sort files in one package. Added date seems to be the only option. Maybe I should save my config folder and reinstall if there is some kind of corruption that is limiting me to added date. You are telling me that JD 2 sorts the same way as my screenshots of JD 1 I posted above but it just is not working that way for me.
Old 04.03.2015, 12:47
JD Manager

Rigtclick on a package and it shows up sort option according to where your mouse is (under which column) exactly same as JDownloader 1
Old 04.03.2015, 12:51
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Rigtclick on a package and it shows up sort option according to where your mouse is (under which column) exactly same as JDownloader 1
I keep trying to tell you that no matter where I right click on the package add date is my only option. My screenshots of JD 1 prove that I know how it is supposed to work. Is it possible that something went wrong when I upgraded?
Old 04.03.2015, 13:02
JD Manager

I would like to do a teamviewer session to check. Works fine here. So either its a bug that we cannot reproduce or some error on your side.
Just contact me via e-mail at support@jdownloader.org
Old 04.03.2015, 13:42
Mega Loader

This is the same thing I ran into before when I had a different problem. I figured out a way around that problem that only involved a couple extra clicks.

I am not going to give any kind of remote access even to trusted sites because there is always a risk that it can exploited by others.

I tried an uninstall/reinstall and it did not change anything. The sort function only shows added date. It is still the only sort option on the menu manager. I guess drag and drop is the only way I can sort files.

If you can show the same kind of screenshots with JD 2 as I did with the sorting options above with JD 1 please post it. Either you are not understanding what I am saying or JD 2 is just not installing right on my computer. I replaced the config folder to save my link list.

Last edited by Oldgeezer; 04.03.2015 at 13:49.
Old 04.03.2015, 13:57
JD Manager

Ignore what the Menu Manager says. This is a context-sensitive Action (depending on current column) so the Menu Manager just shows the default one!

When you actually use it in rightclick menu (not in the manager) it will change its sorter/and description according to the current column!
Old 04.03.2015, 14:05
English Supporter

Menu customizer only shows one sort option but actually we can sort any column.
One example:

Attached Thumbnails
JD2 sort filename.jpg  
Old 04.03.2015, 14:30
JD Manager

The Sorting depends on Where you rightclick (under which column)
Old 04.03.2015, 16:05
Mega Loader

I have fixed the problem. I made a backup of my link list zip files and made a fresh install on another disk. This time I told it not to save my settings. I copied the zips into the config folder and when it opens I still have my linklist. Somehow it did already have most of my accounts entered. Now right clicking sorting is working just like JD 1. It also seems to have also fixed my problem with the default folder. I must have changed some setting that screwed up my right click options or something was just corrupted in my config. I have some options that I will want to change but I will make a backup copy before I make any changes that I am not absolutely sure of.

My first install of JD 2 was that one that tricked me into installing all that adware and hijacked everything. This time I used the clean install from the sticky post. Maybe that was the cause of several problems I have had. In the future if you cannot duplicate reported problems you might inquire which install they used. I hope by now you have removed that malware laden crap install.

There are some really great improvements in JD2. My only real complaint is that some of the simple settings that used to be easy to find in the regular settings of JD 1 are now buried in that huge list of advanced settings.
Old 04.03.2015, 17:06
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it finally works for you, but I really cannot understand what could have caused non working for you...

Can you tell me what settings you are missing and what are burried in advanced settings
We will try to make JDownloader 2 easy to use and need feedback
Old 04.03.2015, 17:41
Mega Loader

I would have to put another disk in to get to JD 1 to compare and my swap bay is tied up right now.. I do remember I had to hunt for the font size in the advanced settings. That used to be in user interface. I didn't understand the settings and when I changed the column table row height from 0 to 1 everything went completely blank and I had to exit with the task manager. I had just made a backup so I replaced the original folder and got everything back. I just wanted to make the font a little larger or bolder. I haven't tried again.
Old 04.03.2015, 17:55
JD Manager

When you need help with setup, just let me know and I do my best to help you
Old 04.03.2015, 18:25
Mega Loader

I just wanted to know how to make things easier to read. When I tried typing in 120 in the font scale factor it kept going back to 100. That's why I changed the row height and for some reason that trashed me. I just figured out that you have to use the up/down arrows to change the scale.

This is just what I'm talking about. Font size is not some expert advanced risky setting. If you change it and don't like the results you can just try another setting. Used to be simple to not only change the size but to try out other fonts. It looks better now that it is larger but I would like to try out other fonts to find one that is a little bolder. I haven't found how to do that yet.
Old 04.03.2015, 20:10
JD Manager

you can also change font name, in advanced settings. Name of font can be find via SystemControl Panel of Windows and the Fonts Menu Entry.

change number and press enter should also work?
Old 04.03.2015, 21:32
Mega Loader

Yes, that worked. I entered Ariel and now everything is so much easier to read. Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a drop down menu in the user interface settings with some choices similar to this in JD 1? Some of these selections were bolder than default. Font size is right there too, very simple to change. Why are these now considered advanced settings?

Old 04.03.2015, 22:40
Community Manager

Please just wait until JD2 is final.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.03.2015, 23:50
Mega Loader

It is good that you listen to your users. The new version is so much better in many ways. I especially like the search function. Just remember that most users need an easy to understand GUI. I consider my tech level to be about average. There are friends of mine who know a lot less about computers than me. If some settings are hard for me to get think of what it would be for them. If you put settings that a lot of people might want to change where they are easy to find and understand you will keep them out of the advanced where they might make a change that really screws things up. I did that just this morning but I had just made a backup.
Old 05.03.2015, 00:49
Community Manager

Yeah it is just the at the moment, styles are not officially directly available in JD2 yet anways.
I'm sure we'll simply put the setting back to the normal settings once we got the styles.
I'll make a ticket anyways:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?