JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 19.07.2015, 15:14
Mega Loader

Default Start all downloads button covered up by online status box

I really like the feature in JD2 where the dialog box pops up in the lower right hand corner to tell you if a file is available without having to click back and forth between JD and your browser. It is really just a minor annoyance that it often covers up the start all downloads button for several seconds especially if you copy multiple links separately. In JD1 the start all downloads button was on the left side in linkgrabber. Why not put it back over there? I know I can right click to load all the links but you know how some lazy people like me just hate extra clicks.

Speaking of extra clicks, whenever you use the search feature it always goes back to the top of the list when you clear the search box. You either have to scroll down or click on a link and hit control-end to get back to your recent downloads. Is there some way to change this? I have more than a year of download history stored.

I know both of these things sound petty. JD2 has so many great improvements and features. It took some time to figure out how to change several default settings that I didn't like but once I did I would never want to go back to the old version.
Old 19.07.2015, 15:55
English Supporter

with 'settings > bubble notify' you can either enable/disable or move location
else
you can move the button in linkgrabber via 'settings > user interface > linkgrabber bottom bar' editor. Or pad it with Horizontal expanding empty Box

I also find coming out of filtered state as annoying as fk. there are couple other bugs where you press enter and it jumps to the top of the list also.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 19.07.2015, 19:39
Mega Loader

Good to know. Start downloads button is all the way to the left now. Should have been the default.

I don't know why it is that defaults in so many programs, not just yours seem to not be the way most people would want them. My complaint about JD2 is that many pretty basic settings are now buried in the advanced menu and hard to figure out. Only settings that could really mess up the whole program and would hard to know what you did wrong should be in advanced. If it is something that could easily understood changed back if you don't like the results it should under general or user interface. Many of these settings were much easier to find and understand in JD1.
Old 19.07.2015, 19:57
English Supporter

only easier because you've been using it for what ?? since 2009 = ~6 years and course you are familiar with the interface even before that if you're earlier adopter. Advanced is there to contain not just advanced settings but all settings (when possible). Choosing a default setting that would benefit the majority will never appease the minority, and there will always be those that will need to change settings. The idea with making settings interface that's easier to use. Nested tree view was a nightmare in my opinion. For settings that often get changed vs having many windows/screens of settings which users never changed. This makes it faster to find and configure and over all better experience to the end user. When all else fails they can use advanced and use keywords to filter.

raztoki

Old 19.07.2015, 21:01
Mega Loader

Just one example: Default is a subfolder for every file. Why anyone would want this under most circumstances is beyond me. I don't even remember how I finally fixed this but in JD1 all you had to do was uncheck one box at bottom. Simple to change back if I wanted to.

Yes, I used JD1 for years but I figured this out my first day with it. You are a programmer and things that seem very simple to you will sometimes baffle a guy like me with just average user skills.
Old 19.07.2015, 21:17
English Supporter

I understand where your coming from don't get me wrong.

problem is packagename is not set via that means anymore, it can be set in default save path, package customiser rule, or add links dialog, just to name a few, with zero tracking when tags have been converted. Directory could be created at the time link adds download tab or on download. Doing it like the old interface doesn't give you these options/ability.

There is usually a reason why interface is the way it is. It has come a little more cumbersome for the basic user, but that's the sacrifice required to allow for more flexible features. User base requested 99% these features.

raztoki