JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.04.2011, 12:24
GarlandGreene

Default JDShutdown does not work on Server 2008/R2

JDShutdown does not work on Windows Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2. The reason seems to be that the class responsible for OS detection (org.appwork.utils.os.CrossSystem) does not check for these two operating systems and therefore reports the OS as OS_WINDOWS_OTHER. JDShutdown (or, more accurately: class org.jdownloader.extensions.shutdown.ShutdownExtension, method "shutdown") then falls back to a rundll32-call instead of using shutdown.exe as it already does on Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, 2000 and even NT. The rundll32-calls fail at least on x64-Systems, i did not have a x86 Server 2008 to test if it works there. But as shutdown.exe works as intended and is already used for all properly identified Windows systems it seems logical to me to just use that method.

I suggest the following fix:
  • create appropriate constants in org.appwork.utils.os.CrossSystem to represent the two server operating systems. The OS strings reported by System.getProperty("os.name") are "Windows Server 2008" and "Windows Server 2008 R2".
  • in org.jdownloader.extensions.shutdown.ShutdownExtension.shutdown() create the additional cases so that the method falls back to the mentioned behavior already implemented for most of the other Windows versions.

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.04.2011 at 12:33.
Old 28.04.2011, 12:33
JD Manager

thanks for report, i updated the classes. should work with next major nightly update