JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.03.2010, 21:11
wolframio

Default Introduction to Proxy Rotate

Hi all, i enable the Proxy Rotate Plug In and put some HTTP Proxys in the list... now what???

-------

PD: plz move if this post dont goes here

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.05.2011 at 20:20.
Old 07.03.2010, 02:26
JD English Support (inactive)

We have little experience and no documentation. Proxy Rotate should now rotate to the next proxy in your list when you would normally do a reconnection. In effect, it is another way to do a reconnection. Just watch which proxy it is using and see if it is working. Try adding Reconnect to your toolbar, click on it, and see if your JDownloader proxy settings have changed.

I do not know if Auto Reconnect is supposed to be on or off to make Proxy Rotate work. Please let me know. The other Reconnection options (do not start new downloads and interrupt resumable downloads) should still apply.

Yes, this is the right place to post. This feature is not in the Stable release.
Old 07.03.2010, 17:44
wolframio

i am very exiting about this feature (i wait it so long for it) because i got cable conexion with fixed ip... back to the topic, i must have enable the normal proxy in settings too?

Regards
Old 07.03.2010, 22:23
drbits
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: Next message answers the question.
Old 12.03.2010, 10:56

Smile How to use Proxy Rotation - Real Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado
Hi,

First of all, I have to say, that the proxy rotation addon makes only sense if the user has a few FAST proxies. Public proxies make absolutly no sense.

The Proxy rotation is a reconnect substitution. INsetad of performing a reconnect, the addon switches the global proxy. The effect is the same... a new external IP.

If Proxy Rotation Addon is enabled, it overrides the reconnect. Normal Reconnect will NOT work if Proxy rotation is active.

Due to proxy rotation hooks into the reconnect controller, auto reconnect has to be enabled.

Normal proxy settings do NOT matter.

Coalado
Coalado is one of the Managers for JDownloader and really knows how things work.
Old 03.05.2010, 15:40
brazoayeye

How can I install proxy rotation? I can't see it in the Plugin menu...

look at the attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (19.4 KB, 4851 views)
Old 03.05.2010, 18:23
English Supporter

Are you sure that you use nightly version?
Old 04.05.2010, 03:32

brazoayeye,

Proxy rotation is still only in the Nightly test version of JDownloader. The new release (with proxy rotation) is due soon, so I suggest waiting.

Please re-read Coalado's message. Proxy's are usually slow.
Old 07.05.2010, 21:33
brazoayeye

Ok, now i have the nightly version...

Is there a way to download simoultaneusly from the proxy list?

To enable the proxy rotation i enabled the reconnection from the icon in the main screen, should i do something else?
Old 08.05.2010, 11:42

Enable Proxy rotation from the Addons list, add the proxies to use to the Proxy Rotation page, and then enable automatic reconnection. The system will change its proxy instead of IP addresses.

Using public proxies is inherently slow, because you are sharing the Proxy's internet connection with all of the other users. To improve this, change your list of proxies daily (use Google to search for "proxy list"). Try different lists to see which servers are overloaded. Randomize the list before pasting it into JD (most people use the list from top to bottom). If you cannot randomize the list, at least copy the bottom half first, then the top half.

Make sure that you set Max. Con. to 1 and Max. DLs. to 1 or 2.

Your proxy is like your IP address. Only a NAT should have more than one, programs are generally ignorant about these things. Using multiple proxies at the same time from a list can get you banned from the list (they have your static IP address).

Public proxies intended for anonymous communication are already overloaded. They are designed for web browsing and posting, not downloading large files. Abusers are not wanted and their IP address is communicated to other proxy operators. Some proxies throttle each user's speed to spread the load fairly. When there are a lot of users, the speed of each connection can be limited to 25KB/s or less.

If you join Anonymizer, Anonymouse or one of the other Proxy networks, you will get faster access, but you might have to pay.

If you are going to download from multiple proxies, the way to do it is to use multiple copies of JDownloader installed to different directories. Each copy of JD has its own links list (no overlap) and its own proxy list (from different list providers).

They usually change IP address frequently (usually every 12 to 72 hours). The proxy lists never contain the name of a proxy, only the IP address for a particular time. Your communication can be cut-off when the proxy changes IP. This can cause incomplete downloads. Some proxies on the list will be down or have already changed IP. This means that JD will have to try each proxy until it finds one that works and that is not so crowded that it cannot take another connection.

Proxy rotation is still experimental. If you have a JD problem, please upload a log and post links and the proxy list and the proxy you were trying to use. The proxy list and proxy IP should be sent by PM to keep them private. Normal links are only readable by staff and your uploaded log is only readable by staff. You can PM drbits (me), or any of the others who provide support on English and German and have an official title.

Last edited by drbits; 08.05.2010 at 12:07.
Old 08.05.2010, 13:34
remi

Dear drbits,

which version (#9 or #10) is the one we need to read?
Old 09.05.2010, 03:42

Remi,
#9 The one that says not to PM the information to you.
Thanks for the correction.
drbits

Last edited by drbits; 09.05.2010 at 03:46.
Old 09.05.2010, 13:37
brazoayeye

It doesn't work:

1) I enable the plugin
2) I put tested proxies in the list
3) I enable the reconnect using the icon with the refresh image

JD download only a file and next wait for a new ip as it should do if the reconnection is not enabled
Old 09.05.2010, 13:38
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
#9 The one that says not to PM the information to you.
Thanks for the correction.
drbits
You're welcome. I've a limit of 50 messages. Don't worry.
Old 09.05.2010, 13:42
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazoayeye View Post
JD download only a file and next wait for a new ip as it should do if the reconnection is not enabled
What I understand from coalado's explanation is that you need to enable the auto reconnect feature.
Old 09.05.2010, 22:32
brazoayeye

3) I enable the reconnect using the icon with the refresh image

I think the reconnect settings doesn't matter, isn't it?
Old 10.05.2010, 14:07
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazoayeye View Post
I think the reconnect settings doesn't matter, isn't it?
I hope so, because your router/modem doesn't have to reconnect.
Old 10.05.2010, 16:08
brazoayeye

with linux it works, solved
Old 23.05.2010, 19:10
brazoayeye

How can i execute multiple istance?

Here the error

$ cp -r .jd .jd2
$ java -jar .jd2/JDownloader.jar

------------------------ Thread: 10 -----------------------
10 23/05/10 18.07.27 - INFO [jd.Main(main)] -> Start JDownloader
10 23/05/10 18.07.27 - INFO [jd.utils.JDUtilities(getJDHomeDirectoryFromEnvironment)] -> JD_HOME:/home/**/.jd2
10 23/05/10 18.07.27 - INFO [jd.Main(main)] -> existing jD instance found!
10 23/05/10 18.07.27 - INFO [jd.Main(main)] -> There is already a running jD instance
Old 24.05.2010, 04:53

You can run multiple instances of JD from separate directories. You might have to use the -n option at the end of the command line.
Old 25.05.2010, 15:15
brazoayeye

it was because i started it as root...

Is there a way to delete bad proxies automatically ?