JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.05.2009, 08:51
ittaiz

Default How to set jdownloader to download to external harddrive?

Hello all,
I am using jdownloader 0.4.936, the mac version, and I am unable to set the download location to my external harddrive. I know there is nothing wrong with my external hd as I see it in my finder (the explorer equiv.) and I am able to copy into it and everything. However if I try to change the download directory in jdownloader I can only "browse up" to the level of my internal hd.
does anyone know how this can be solved? Is this a bug?
Also, is there maybe a way to dynamically determine the download directory?
Let's say I flag a download as movies it will download to x and music it will download to y.

Thanks in advance
ittai
Old 03.05.2009, 09:05
JD Manager

your external hd is available under e.g. /media or /mnt
i dont have a mac but i remember that you need to type the location yourself (google for it or wait until gocsp ,our mac developer) helps you)
Old 03.05.2009, 21:50
ittaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
your external hd is available under e.g. /media or /mnt
i dont have a mac but i remember that you need to type the location yourself (google for it or wait until gocsp ,our mac developer) helps you)
Thank you very much!!!
I actually failed to notice that I can type the location by myself...
so if anyone else encounters this problem you just need to type "/Volumes/Name_Of_Your_Drive" and it works perfectly. And I think I'll just use the packages directories feature to place the different downloads according to content. Thank you very much, jdownloader is awesome!
Old 23.11.2010, 19:57
Modem User

Thank you.
Old 05.09.2011, 21:02
ilpap

am getting back to this thread cause i have the same problem

i am adding /Volumes/Drive Name/..../....
but jdownloader creates that folder inside the app content (/.../resources/java/.../.../)
while inside the app the given download directory remains as i wrote it at first. I mention this because it seems that if i put a path that doesnt exist then the app changes the path to where the app is located.
any help?

i also tried running the app from the "external" disk. (its a second disk)

i am on a mac
Old 06.09.2011, 10:17
remi

Cool

Do you prefer jD to stop downloading when the download directory can't be found?
Old 06.09.2011, 10:36
JD Manager

the folder you try to use must exist!
also note that you have to change existing packages by hand. default settings are only for new packages.
rightclick on package and set downloadfolder.
Old 07.09.2011, 01:45
ilpap

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Do you prefer jD to stop downloading when the download directory can't be found?
well i want it to download the file at the right place.

Quote:
also note that you have to change existing packages by hand. default settings are only for new packages.

i have tried it with new packages. (i cant find a set downloadfolder option on the packages already added though)

if the folder doesnt exist then it wont download the file giving a message "could not write..../volumes/...."

if the folder exists then it creates that same folder inside the contents of jdownloader on the boot disk.

i added a second disk on my mac and i use it as a boot disk. but i want to keep the download folder the same (meaning the one on the old disk which is still there! )

Last edited by ilpap; 07.09.2011 at 01:51.
Old 07.09.2011, 10:09
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpap View Post
i have tried it with new packages. (i cant find a set downloadfolder option on the packages already added though)
You can change the directory of a package by selecting "Change Directory" from the context menu.

Quote:
if the folder doesnt exist then it wont download the file giving a message "could not write..../volumes/...."
That's the suggestion I made. I think this could be an option. Let jD stop downloading or let it create the folder.

Quote:
if the folder exists then it creates that same folder inside the contents of jdownloader on the boot disk.
Why do you want jD to create a folder if it already exists?
Old 07.09.2011, 13:55
ilpap

ok, i solved my problem. it couldnt write to the folder i wanted probably because it is a bootable partition, as as soon as i changed the partition (always on the secondary disk) it worked fine.

thank you !!
Old 07.09.2011, 14:30
JD Manager

thanks for feedback
Old 11.04.2013, 05:37
asmithee

Smile Just to clarify

Quote:
As Jiaz states, each link entry in the Download list has a default setting for where the file should be downloaded. To use the new download directory with existing links you already have in the Download list you can:

a. Right click on each individual entry in the Download list and change the download directory by hand.
b. Select the links you have in the Download list, right click and select Copy the URLs, go to Linkgrabber list and use Add ULRs and let it generate new links. Then delete the old links on the Download list.