JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.10.2010, 05:29
putupeo

Default Delete Files After Extraction

Please add a new option to delete files after extraction here

Combined option to Extract Archives and After a Succesfull extraction Delete Files

Add another option to Autoextract Parts+Autodelete Parts After Succesfull Extraction too

Many thanks to JD Team

Regards

Last edited by putupeo; 08.10.2010 at 11:29.
Old 06.10.2010, 05:54
JD VIP

Although I don't use it (I prefer having manual control over things added and deleted to my drives for various reasons) so have not tested to see if parts are also deleted ....
The option is already there to my knowledge ... it is a manual setting ... check settings under extensions under JD unrar

Last edited by Statter; 06.10.2010 at 05:58.
Old 06.10.2010, 06:28
RoofingGuy

Yes... it deletes all parts of a multi-part .rar archive.
Old 06.10.2010, 14:11
putupeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
Although I don't use it (I prefer having manual control over things added and deleted to my drives for various reasons) so have not tested to see if parts are also deleted ....
The option is already there to my knowledge ... it is a manual setting ... check settings under extensions under JD unrar
This option musn´t be activated by default, we must activate it only if we want to delete files for example when we download a HD movie to free hard disk space

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofingGuy View Post

Yes... it deletes all parts of a multi-part .rar archive.
I know that JD has this option but my idea is delete parts only in an specific file, with this option all file parts succesfully extracted will be deleted but the option that I´m suggesting is to delete file parts only in an specific group of files (Packet of Files)

Thanks

Last edited by putupeo; 06.10.2010 at 14:16.
Old 09.10.2010, 05:53
putupeo

Default Is possible to add this new feature?

Anyone of the Staff reply to my wish, please read it and tell me something i´m suggesting another extra delete option to jdownloader not the current one that JD already has.

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=21577

Sometimes i need to extract files of a movie or sometimes when we download another thing we don´t want that JD autoextract files

If we enable the delete after extraction option included in JD it delete always all parts after extraction but i want the option to extract+edlte parts only to specific packets, not all of them.

Thanks

Last edited by putupeo; 09.10.2010 at 05:58.
Old 09.10.2010, 06:47
JD English Support (inactive)

Part of Feature Request 2526

Settings per Package is already in the Bug Tracker as part of other tickets. This includes speed, Max.Con., and extraction settings.

Unfortunately, this change requires several other changes be made first, and those are not on the schedule for this release.

1) The extract/merge software will be changed to use 7zip, so that we can extract a much larger number of archive types.

2) The JDownloader database needs a large number of changes. It is the slowest part of JD and can be sped up significantly. I am suggesting that new items for the database be limited until that time.

3) For extraction and merging, LinkGrabber attempts to move the links for an archive or split into a single package, while keeping other packages separate. The new name for these organized packages is Assemblies. You will still be able to merge the Assemblies into packages, but moving links between assemblies will require confirmation. The download directory for an Assembly will apply to all links and will not be changeable after any of the links have started to download (they could be manually moved and their links disabled in order to get around this).

The most important part of supporting Assemblies is to make sure that Assemblies are complete (for example, in a multi-volume RAR or ZIP or HJsplit archive, all of the files are the same size, except for the last. The last file is always smaller than the others. The files are always numbered (or lettered) in sequence.

Most of the local information will belong to the Assembly, not the Link or Package. This includes the options for extraction. Changing information for the package would change it for all of the Assemblies inside.

4) The status system will be revamped. There will be status categories such as Not Found (or deleted), Exists, Duplicate, Mirror, and Unauthorized (such as Host agreement not approved). Similarly, the status for the Downloads page will include Not Found, Mirror in progress, Wait, Downloaded, and Finished (all actions are complete for an Assembly). The distinction between Downloaded and Finished is he part that is needed for supporting your proposal (it also effects the scheduler, shutdown addon, and other parts of the system).

5) Options to rename and move the results of a download as part of Finishing. This means that Links could be renamed after download and (after any extraction) the could be saved into a directory specified for the Assembly. This change is so close to your suggestion, that they might be changed at the same time.

6) Along with assemblies, there will be a representation of which links are mirrors of the same file. This will clear up a lot of problems. Users will be able to add links to a link's mirrors list in LinkGrabber. This might not be required for Link/Assembly level settings.

Last edited by drbits; 09.10.2010 at 08:27.
Old 09.10.2010, 09:17
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
-------
1) The extract/merge software will be changed to use 7zip, so that we can extract a much larger number of archive types.
I don't have any real problem with what you said previously with this one possible exception.

Although 7zip is fairly standard with windows and the source code is available fortunately. I just wanted to point out that you may have the sam or other problems with the 32/64 bit versions choice or installation internally with JD not to mention that for OS X there is no vanilla version as such and one still has the problem of 32/64 bit and must also be sure to adjust for proper installation and running in the OS X environment. It can be done but just felt I needed to put that out there as there are a few companies that does this for the OS X and actually charging for it while using the GNU LGPL + unRAR restriction licensing and another one has a slightly different version out for OS X and I'm not sure if it is being charged for or not. Your devs may have to do something creative as part of the GNU LGPL + unRAR restriction licensing is public and free while the unRAR part is not.

Last edited by Statter; 09.10.2010 at 10:18.
Old 09.10.2010, 21:29
JD English Support (inactive)

The actual workings of 7zip (which will call the free version of unRAR) is 7za.lib. We will be able to recompile it for specific platforms, just the way we already do with the unRAR.

It is the 7zip program itself that is Windows only. We will not be using that.

Under Windows, the 32/64 bit versions of programs are not a problem. Windows x64 knows if you are trying to run a 32 bit program and adjusts automatically. We might have to distribute separate versions for Linux x32/x64 (should work on OS-X 10.5). We will not be supporting OS-X 10.4 by that time, because Apple has not released Java 1.6 for 10.4.