JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.02.2011, 16:54
jeenuv

Default Error while renaming after CRC check

I've faced this problem multiple times now that the downloaded file is lost. JD is stuck at Checking CRC message after downloading, only to see that the file is lost. However, other downloads progress.

I've uploaded my log here: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/28831

Please help.

--
Jeenu

Last edited by Jiaz; 15.02.2011 at 17:15.
Old 15.02.2011, 17:15
JD Manager

in your log its clearly seen that something prevents jd to rename the file.
Old 16.02.2011, 06:56
jeenuv

Failure is understandable, though I don't understand what made it fail - there was sufficient disk space, and there wasn't any duplicate files either. But what's worrying is the file disappeared and thus losing all downloaded data, which wouldn't have happened if it's just renaming that failed. Or is all this happening outside of JD, after it tried to rename file?
Old 16.02.2011, 07:39
English Supporter

Maybe try with Java 6u21...
Old 16.02.2011, 10:56
remi

Cool

@jeenuv

Maybe virus software...
Old 16.02.2011, 11:43
JD Manager

the file gets deleted in case you reset the link.
what filesystem does the save folder use? are the rights okay? no vm?
Old 25.02.2011, 02:58
Hoshi_Reed

I have this renaming error happen to me intermittently a few times but I can find/see the .part file. I have to close jDownloader, then manually rename the file (delete the .part extension) - Which tells me jD is somehow still accessing/tying up the file as I can't rename while it is still open. File itself is fine once renamed.

I have my settings to NEVER remove finished downloads and SKIP LINK if file already exists.

My theory is jD tries to CRC check but isn't able to complete it (unable to tell it passed) and it hangs/jD is "stuck" accessing it.

As to why it can't complete it: My internet/phone line may have blow a fuse as my connection slows down randomly (hour to minutes) from slow 5.8kb/s to excruciating 2.5-3.4kb/s depending on it's mood and my connection suffers from moments of longer than normal pings). I think RIGHT at the moment it is trying to CRC check my internet randomly hiccups. If the phone company ever accepts to check my line (usually when I have audible static which will probably in a week or so like last year) and not blame my computer (faulty modem, virus, etc) I'll get back to you.
Old 25.02.2011, 11:41
remi

Cool

The CRC check should be independent of the quality of your line or internet connection.

The quality of your line will have an impact on the number of CRC errors you get. The impact of CRC errors on your data depends on the type of files you download. When you're downloading archives the files might not extract if there is no recovery data in the archive. Movies can live with CRC errors when the errors aren't in critical places.

What about a complete and detailed log?
Old 25.02.2011, 11:56
JD English Support (inactive)

The following are in approximate order of probability:
  1. If a file is opened for write, when the file is closed, most antivirus programs will scan the file at that time. The file is not available for renaming while it is being scanned. (RANT: they do not want it to be possible for malware to be saved, but it is only on open that files have to be scanned). In AVG, you can turn off this scan on close with Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Resident Shield -> Scan files on close [] (clear the check box).
  2. Some antivirus programs scan (and alter) downloading data. This usually causes Hash check errors either in the downloader or the archive extraction. It can also prevent JD for identifying when the file is fully downloaded. I hope we are beyond this one in this thread.
  3. If the OS is Windows, then viewing the directory in a program (usually Windows Explorer) can keep the (directory entry)handle open (even if you have moved to a different directory).
  4. Sometimes, the "Gracious disconnection" sequence in HTTP, FTP, and IP does not complete properly (see 2 above) and you have to wait up to 2 minutes before JD is ready to rename the file. However, it will eventually rename it.
  5. Some programs such as EMACS can copy the data from a file, even if it is open for writing. Sometimes, they will open a handle to the directory entry of the file and the file cannot be renamed.
  6. Hardware or OS bug (such as memory error or any Wind sp0).
  7. The Java Runtime has a bug.
  8. JD has a bug.
  9. The user has a bug (not listed here)
  10. The disk is almost full and the directory cannot be extended.
Old 25.02.2011, 16:37
Hoshi_Reed

I haven't been able to recreate the problem since the last update of jD. so no log available. (It also hasn't rained either so Line quality lasts longer - 6-7 hours)

They have all been rar parts and extract fine once renamed.

Though I have not messed with my AVP, nor closed the window viewing the file (I renamed them from that window after closing jD) - I just cloed jD and I could rename it fine.

I've even waited HOURS for the rename (it has downloaded other parts fine)

Like I said, it is intermittent (not all files of the same type or source), and I have yet to see it happen since the last update so it could have been fixed already. (or maybe my AV was the culprit and an update fixed the problem)

If the OP still has a problem, I was just offering a suggestion to keep the part file, instead of letting jD reset/delete it. I do that with the Never and Skip Link.

For me it isn't a problem. It happened three times in 5 days and I downloaded 18 files (~50-100mb each) so... Having to close the window for 5 seconds and manually rename a file isn't a big deal.