JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.10.2011, 16:28
vivi

Question Preserving downloaded folder structure

Hi,

it is possible to add a whole folder from sites like mediafire, but upon downloading the whole folder structure is flattened. Is it possible to keep the structure when downloading ?
Old 14.10.2011, 17:49
English Supporter

Are you referring to the download tab and how the packages are displayed, auto expand on download activity? If so that's not possible (currently).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.10.2011, 00:13
vivi

I'm not sure I understand what you said. What I'm referring to is that some sites like mediafire have the concept of "folders", that are hierarchical collections of files. You can add these folders to JDownloader, but the structure is lost during the "linkgrabber" step.

For example take a look at this link to a mediafire folder :
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I'd like to replicate this folder locally.
Old 15.10.2011, 02:05
English Supporter

ok, thought that's what you meant the first time though wasn't sure as in 'flatterned' sounded like gui type action so I changed my response after re-reading your question.

Folder settings are generally linked to the package name, package names are usually predetermined by how our plugins are made. The mediafire decrypter doesn't seem to add in any packagename, so each file is broken into its own groupings of filenames. We make decrypter plugins for folders and usually use a single package name but not always. We also have two settings for folder/subfolder use within 'settings > basic > download and connection :: Create sub folder with packagename if possible, create subfolders after adding links', which the first would be needed to enabled if you wanted to create a foldername structure. But this would create foldername for each package regardless if you only wanted to use it for 'hoster folders'.

Old 15.10.2011, 08:31
remi

@vivi

I agree with you. Downloading folder structures with their files is nearly impossible in jD when you've thousands of files. All files go to the same folder, i.e., the one set for the package.

See my thread "Mediafire sharekey and treatment of individual links". I proposed to use sub-packages but it seems that this was too complex. That's why this feature might never be implemented.

See also
Old 15.10.2011, 10:15
English Supporter

if it's only one level sub folders, if plugin can be made to group files in each sub folder into a package, that would be a good step.
Old 15.10.2011, 14:36
vivi

Folders can be nested without limitations, so one package by folder would not be enough.

Is it the responsibility of the decrypter plugin to assign the download location of a particular file? If so maybe in the case of folders, the plugin could add a suffix to jd's default download directory that includes the hierarchy.
Old 15.10.2011, 15:13
English Supporter

I think the flow is links are grouped into packages (by plugin), then package name can be used to create sub-folders (by linkgrabber). More detailed explanation is in post #4.
Old 15.10.2011, 15:34
English Supporter

usually (folder) decrypter plugins control the package name, package name can be used (if the user wants) to create directory/folder on storage medium. Not entirely sure why mediafire hasn't been coded in that manner. If package name isn't set, JD will group common filenames like xyz.rar xyz.r01 xyz.r02 together and other files into there own packages, like normal behaviour.

Think package customiser can override decrypter plugin package names, though it's dependant on filename. **note: I haven't tested that, I could be wrong.

Old 15.10.2011, 16:50
vivi

I just tested and unfortunately you can't have slashes in package names, which could have been another solution. Maybe I'll take a look at the code if the project is not too complicated to set up.

Last edited by vivi; 15.10.2011 at 16:53.