JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 07.11.2014, 21:08
JR_

Default 'Delete finished packages' - button

Hi,

First i would like to say that i really like the JD2, but I am missing a button to delete all finished packages in JD2, like there has been in JD1. Maybe i just didn't find it. I know there is the option to remove finished links automatically, if the package is ready, but i don't want it to happen automatically. And i don't like the delete all finished links buttons either, because it also removes finished links from unfinished packages.
I hope you can add this button in JD2 as well, maybe with an option so only packages, where the Extraction is OK, get removed.

And one more thing would be great, if there would be an additional option for 'If the file already exists:', that skips the file and marks it as downloaded, instead of marking it with a red X, like it does with the 'Skip File' option that is available now.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Greetings, JR
Old 07.11.2014, 21:16
Community Manager

2. Your skip option is in advanced settings --> "GeneralSettings: On Skip Due To Already Exists Action" --> Change it to "Skip and mark as finished".

3. Keep in mind that whatever you re looking for, if you just can't find it, you ll probably be able to add it as a customized action to the toolbar/tray or context menu.
You can find all menu customizations unter Settings --> User Interface

GreeZ psp

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 07.11.2014, 21:26
JR_

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I know that options but it deletes all finished links, even if the package isn't finished yet. In JD1 there has been a button that removed only finished packages, but left links in unfinished packages.

2. Thanks, i didn't think to look in advanced settings, maybe you could add it to the dropdown in Settings -> General.

3. Yes, thanks, i know, but i did not find anything for removing finished packages, not all finished links

Greetings JR
Old 07.11.2014, 21:38
Community Manager

1. Okay, I asked raztoki if he knows something - if not, we'll make a ticket for you.

2. Nope, the setting is by far too specific to place it to the normal settings - we already have more than enough "normal" settings

3. See 1.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 07.11.2014, 21:44
JR_

Hi,

1. Okay, Thank you.

2. I understand, i just think that this is something many would want to set, and i already took a look at the advanced settings, but missed it. But if you think its too much in the normal settings i understand.

Thanks for your quick help and for the great work in general!

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 15:34
Community Manager

Do you think "SKIP" would be a good default setting?
We're still looking for better default settings for the final JD2...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 08.11.2014, 16:44
JR_

Hi,

Yes, i think so, because most times this happens is because one is loading different parts from different hosters at, but has all parts from all hosters together and it doesn't always work that the links for one part get set to 'Finished(Mirror)' for all hosters, especially if there is more than one link from the same hoster for one part, then only one of the links get set to 'Finished(Mirror)'.
But that's only from my way of using JD, and my friends who also use JD do it the same way. Maybe you should make a poll, where everyone can vote for their favorite default setting.

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 17:18
Community Manager

Poll is a good idea - and because ppl can customize JD so much, there are a lot of ways to get good default settings/menus.
In my opinion there should be at least two default settings-sets available: One for "dummies" and one for "pros".
Ticket:

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 08.11.2014, 17:48
JR_

Hi,

I just had another idea for the skipping setting, you could leave it at 'ask for each file' as default, so it comes the first time a file already exists and in the window make a checkbox 'Always use this option' or something like that, which sets the setting to the selected option.

And thanks for the ticket. I agree a checkbox 'completed packages only' in the menu editor is perfect. Thanks a lot, i really miss that button.

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 17:53
Community Manager

1. About your idea: Not bad but you forgot one thing - users who are new to JD or "dummies" in general, will a, have no idea what this setting means and so b, they just won't care anyways - that's just my opinion here.

2. Thanks for your feedback.
Of course we try to make JD2 in a way that JD1 users do NOT say "In the past, everything was better" in the end.
Some users still do that but we told them - they can talk with us
(Ouhh this post contained some really bad English, sorry for that!)

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 08.11.2014, 18:22
JR_

Hi,

1. Well if they don't care, they wont check the checkbox, or will they? At least i wouldn't check a checkbox if i don't care about it. But i guess not all users follow that logic as i know from my own experience (not with JD, but with developed programs). And if they have no idea what the setting means they will have to find out somehow anyways, when for the first time a file already exists. But in the end it is your (JD-team) decision and i know its not easy, because you never can make it right for everyone. There will always be someone who will say 'That's not good.' I'm sure you will find a good solution in the end.

2. Thanks for your fast responses and the fast ticket.
If i understood correctly, you started JD2 from scratch, right? So, its only normal that some things aren't put in right away and are forgotten, because the developer maybe doesn't use a feature, but for a guy like me, it is a very important one.

And don't worry about the English, mine isn't that good either.

Und wenn es dir lieber ist, können wir auch auf Deutsch weiter schreiben, ich habe nur auf Englisch geschrieben, damit alle Teammitglieder antworten können ohne einen Übersetzer zu brauchen

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 19:37
Community Manager

Boah du hast mich verarscht :D
Spaß - jetzt wo wir eh im Englischen Forum sind:

Yap it's not easy to make it right for most of our users - we got a lot of special-users

About the coding: No, JD2 is the continued JD1 development - it's not started from scratch!

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 08.11.2014, 20:17
JR_

War keine böse Absicht. :D Dachte nur auf Englisch erreich ich alle vom Team

About the coding: i thought i read somewhere it were some heavy changes made and that lead me to thinking, you started from scratch.

And i have another improvement suggestion, i'm not sure if you want it in a new thread, but since we are talking so nice here, i just write it here. If you prefer a new thread feel free to move it to a new one
Its about the Advanced Settings, there are so many settings, that its hard to find something when you don't know the exact key. How about a Dropdown with the first part of the keys, like 'BubbleNotify', 'CaptchaSettings', and so on? Of course one entry with 'All', and depending on the selection show only the keys that start with it. It would give a rough overview of the settings available and it would make the settings more overseeable and you have better chances to find settings, if you don't know what exactly to look for.

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 20:41
Community Manager

I know what you mean but actually we don't even have thaaat many preferences.
Also, you can sort them.
I just checke out the Firefox advanced settings (about:config) and its pretty much how ours is - not saying that your suggestion is trash but in my opinion, advanced settings have to have this "dirty" feeling :D

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 08.11.2014, 21:05
JR_

Well, you don't have thaaat many YET. But with new features, there might come more and more. And just because others, have it the same way, doesn't mean you couldn't make it better.
A different way, i thought of would be to make the like packages for the different setting-"groups", to expand and collaps.
But i wont be upset or anything, if you don't do it. I just thought it might be useful to have.

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 23:11
English Supporter

re: advanced
we already have a filter system it works on part matches of key words. Please use the feature correctly! I advise that you not use the owner of the setting ''BubbleNotify:' only use key words, so with your provided example 'captcha bubble'

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 08.11.2014 at 23:45.
Old 08.11.2014, 23:34
JR_

i know there is a filter system, but it doesn't help me if i don't know how the key words are. i have been looking for things by a keyword, but didn't find it because it has been named a little different. Sadly i can't provide you with an example right now. I just think when you can select a group of settings, you can look for it more focused, if you didn't find it with the filter, than when you have to go through all settings.
But like i said, it's not something that is very important, i just thought it might be use- and helpful, especially if you are looking in the advanced settings for the first time, to get a rough overview what kind of settings are available.

Greetings, JR
Old 08.11.2014, 23:49
English Supporter

Really don't see it been that hard. The keywords will be of the function name, we use these names throughout JDownloader. It also works based on the description for example, you type 'edge' you will pick up animation settings of bubble notify.

cant find your setting google might give you result if you search with 'site:jdownloader.org'

Old 09.11.2014, 00:00
JD VIP

Just throwing my hat in that YES! A "clear finished DLs" with a single button....oh hell yes! Been wondering about this.
Old 09.11.2014, 04:58
English Supporter

mrGonzo, already exists on the bottom bar, all the OP wants to do is apply only to finished packages vs all or selected.