JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.03.2015, 04:25
Llamatron

Default keep2share / k2s: premium-only files: detect sooner, don't clobber user's comment

I'm using JD2. If this is the wrong forum, sorry.

The k2s plugin doesn't detect files that are premium-only until it tries to actually download them. Detecting at online-check time would be ideal.

When it does detect them, it replaces the user's comment for the link with "Access Restriction - Only premium account holders can download this file!". This is annoying since often I put a sort of title for the file in the comment field (since many files on download sites have useless numeric names.)

Could this text go in the status field instead?

(I should post a separate feature request for a crawler that can scrape more metadata for forum threads of link posts. You'd probably need just a framework for writing your own match; it's probably too complex for anything fully automated to figure out what the user might want.)

Also nice for k2s.cc would be an indication of whether the next download will be 30kB/s with a 2h wait, or 150kB/s with a 1h wait. Ideally, there would be an option to take the largest file of equal priority when it's going to be fast, and the smallest when it's going to be slow.
Old 25.03.2015, 10:49
Community Manager

1. Indeed I can imagine that comment thing being unnerving.
Ticket:

2. I don't know at which point the "premium only" information is available but I'm sure raztoki (developer of this plugin) will tell you.
3. About slow-and fast free downloads:
No idea what the API returns and whether we got this information before download-attempts!
Also, we cannot easily prefer "fast" free downloads as there is no system for that.
The easiest way would be if you simply give those a higher priority.
We could of course also make a plugin setting to skip all 30 kb/s downloads or similar but again, in the end this will require user-interaction.

GreeZ psp

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 25.03.2015, 12:57
English Supporter

Premium only is already supported, it's detects within linkchecking original and subsequent linkchecking, comment is set on original linkchecking. Just we don't in any plugin apply restriction until download starts. This can be prevented in canHandle or within the download routine. We have todo it this way because you could add links, and add account after, also you could download via multihoster etc. If you turn off linkchecking (advanced option) I can't assist you.

With comment field I can set a if null set comment this will prevent overwriting of user comment with linkchecking. Statusfield can not be set within checklinks[] method for memory. It only can be set within download routine.

Download speeds are varible between download servers, a busy server might not give you full speed (give you 20KiB/sec) even though they allow say 200KiB/sec for free user. Also text on websites is highly inaccurate to what they actually give in real life.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 25.03.2015, 17:05
Llamatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
1. Indeed I can imagine that comment thing being unnerving.
Thank for having a look at adjusting this behaviour.

Quote:
3. About slow-and fast free downloads:
No idea what the API returns and whether we got this information before download-attempts!
Also, we cannot easily prefer "fast" free downloads as there is no system for that.

The easiest way would be if you simply give those a higher priority.
We could of course also make a plugin setting to skip all 30 kb/s downloads or similar but again, in the end this will require user-interaction.
Are you sure it's per file? I haven't been downloading long enough to be sure.

I was thinking it was based on current load on k2s servers. e.g. if k2s was currently running fast, I could download any k2s link at fast speed. So the total time to finish all downloads could vary depending on whether you did your big files during high-speed times or not.

As an aside, if it's time based like I though: I haven't done the math, but my guess is that during 30kB/s with 2hour waits, it would be ideal to queue ~300MB files that take about 2 hours to download. So 50% utilization would be perfect impedance matching.

But if you're right that a given link will be the same speed whenever you download it, then all we could do would be have an option to set the priority down on slow links and/or up on fast links when the advertised speed is detected. Might be useful as an option, even if it's not 100% reliable.
Old 27.03.2015, 21:20
harrae

ongoing issue but thanks for the help
Old 28.03.2015, 04:53
icp12845
Message deleted by raztoki. Reason: psp personal attack