JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.10.2009, 16:17
DFGuy

Default Downloaded files are gone?

Hello,

Can anyone help me find downloaded files that's missing from the folder I assigned? I tried finding it using Spotlight (search function from Mac) by using the name of the files, but it didn't show the missing files. Those missing files are parts of movies that were not unrar yet(because many parts are missing).

Thank you,
DF

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.10.2009 at 14:32.
Old 04.10.2009, 20:55
JD Manager

if the files are still in list, double click it and you can see where you saved the file

where did you download the files to?
maybe to an external drive that was not connected at the moment while downloading but now is? if thats the case the folder is mounted and you cannot see its content then

unplug the drive and check the folder again then
Old 05.10.2009, 02:58
DFGuy

Hello and thank you for your advice.

I must be because, while in Mac OS X, I used VMWare Fusion to run Windows XP....on the partition that I assign the files to save to. Yet, while using Windows, I do not download anything and close JDownloader. I also thought that this could be the cause, so I restarted my Mac (now in OS X only) and tried to download. The same thing happened.....the file was downloading, but nothing showed up in that folder? I then tried to download from links that I save onto OS X drive and it works? So, it must be the problem with Windows partition, but how do I fix it?

BTW, I think the files that I downloaded before (and couldnt' find, missing) are not on the windows partition anymore because the partition's capacity is too high.

Thank you again.
DF
Old 05.10.2009, 03:04
DFGuy

I just tried changing a file location (within JDownloader) to my OS X partition and the file downloads fine. Funny thing is the file had about 15 mb already so after stop downloading for 1 minute, the file shows up in finder with the size of 19 mb. That means although the original file (at 15 mb) didn't show up in finder and spotlight anywhere, it's still on the system somewhere. How do I track them all down?

Thank you in advance,
DF
Old 05.10.2009, 03:12
JD Manager

search and find tools, im sorry im not a mac user but as i said before
when you download files into mounted folders (not mounted at time of download) or some *vm* stuff...the files cannot be found while the folder is mounted or the vm not running
Old 05.10.2009, 05:17
DFGuy

I've searched using search function in Mac, which is call Spotlight, but nothing came up. Good news is I found something out. My Mac has one hard drive, but two partitions, one for Mac and one for Windows. I found that in JDownloader, my Windows partition drive's name is mixed up. My windows partition drive is call "No Name", which is what I assign JDownloader to download files to. But, after checking in JDownloader, there are now "No Name" and "No Name 1"?

I've browsed into both and found that "No Name", which I assign JDownloader to write files to, has nothing in it. And, "No Name 1" is in fact the Windows partition. So, JDownloader has been downloading/writing files to a drive that is not there.

Two things remain mysteries.
1. Where are the files that are missing in this case?
2. Unfinished files (that started at 15 mb) didn't show up in "No Name 1" at first, but I could still resume-download it ( stopped at 19 mb). So, the file must be somewhere, but where is it? In Temp folder of JDownloader?
Old 05.10.2009, 09:06
remi

Cool

If Spotlight cannot find files, please use another tool to find files on a disk. You might need a Windoze tool

Look at the path where you stored the files. Use a command tool and try to navigate to the path.

Last edited by remi; 05.10.2009 at 09:09.
Old 05.10.2009, 10:46
DFGuy

Finally, after following the path to "No Name 1", a window came up with 'all' the missing files!! Yeeeeahhhh. I guess that during the time I use VMWare to Run Windows XP within Mac OS X, JDownloader can't find "No Name" partition (which is correct considering that when running XP, "No Name" is disappeared from OS X). Then, JDownloader created a new folder, separating from the two partitions of OS X and XP, and saved files there. The new folder uses capacity from OS X drive, but is not a part of it. This is probably why Spotlight can't find those files.

Problems solved! Thank you, Remi!

DFGuy
Old 05.10.2009, 14:13
remi

Cool

Please, take a shower now, because I suppose you've been sweating a lot in the last few hours. I would!
Old 05.10.2009, 14:32
JD Manager

finding your own files can sometimes be a real cool adventure
Old 06.10.2009, 07:15
DFGuy

Ha ha, it's not that bad. I wasn't sweating too much cuz those missing files total to only about 2.5 gb. It all happened because I was careless when using VMWare and it didn't help that my understanding of OS X environment is not up to par.